[GS] June 2019 Patch notes discussion

I can't get it to work due to mods issues... would anyone happen to know which mod(s) might be causing the issue???

• Update Battering Rams and Siege Towers to only work with Melee and Anti-Cavalry units.
  • Medieval and Renaissance Walls are immune to Battering Rams. Renaissance Walls are immune to Siege Towers. Battering Rams upgrade into Siege Towers.
Finally they fixed these things. Now cities with Renaissance walls become really strong cities instead of JOKES.

Ah if they don't fix the chopping thing the game is still a joke.

I still believe Archer rush being a good way to start. But after that maybe we need bombard and musket.

It looks like whatever was causing the RNG error on cross-platform multiplayer had something to do with world builder and the UI.

Fishing boats are probably the most common yeah, but I don't think camps are less common than plantations. There's deer all over the place
Well if you want more deer then you probably want that pantheon then. But I would say that personally, if my civ looks like it'll be pretty evenly divided between the two early on, I'd still take the culture one to get my government up and running.

I can't get it to work due to mods issues... would anyone happen to know which mod(s) might be causing the issue???

Probably all of them. Updates usually break mods. You'll have to wait til the mods are updated.

According to Steam I was downloading, but I see no obvious changes in the game. Is there a way I can tell?

Is it me, or is there nothing in the notes about a fix for the crippling late-game builder lag? I admit, I used rather basic search terms ("builder", "lag").

Ah if they don't fix the chopping thing the game is still a joke.

This patch overall is a huge nerf to chopping. (a) Remove Godess of the Harvest (b) Buff Camps, Lumber mills, Quarries and add Jungle Lumber Mills. (c) Increased tech/civic cost. Any time you increase the length of the game you are buffing improvements relative to chopping.

IMO if they just nerfed Magnus to 25% (instead of current 50%), chopping would be in the perfect place.

People took that way too literally. They just said they had more surprises for people in the future. As in, they're still working on the game. That's about it.

Pretty certain it's a new expansion or at the very least a civ pack.

This patch overall is a huge nerf to chopping. (a) Remove Godess of the Harvest (b) Buff Camps, Lumber mills, Quarries and add Jungle Lumber Mills. (c) Increased tech/civic cost. Any time you increase the length of the game you are buffing improvements relative to chopping.

IMO if they just nerfed Magnus to 25% (instead of current 50%), chopping would be in the perfect place.

I wouldn't say it's a nerf to chopping necessarily. It just makes it so that you have to weigh short-term benefits against long-term ones more carefully ( as it should be). It's still more efficient to chop to accelerate growth (especially w/ Magnus), but now you'll want to keep some around for long-term scaling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it me, or is there nothing in the notes about a fix for the crippling late-game builder lag? I admit, I used rather basic search terms ("builder", "lag").
There was something about memory allocations. Nothing specific about the builder lag, but that might cover it.

Answering my own question: Goddess of Festivals is ONLY +1 culture from plantations. I checked the civlopedia

So, plantation pantheon: 1 culture
Camp pantheon: 1 food 1 production
Fishing boat pantheon: 1 production
Quarry pantheon: 2 faith

Doesn't seem all that balanced to me tbh.

Plantations are WAY more common than camps, fishing boats or quarries. Plus arguably, culture is a very strong yield.

Top Bottom