June 2020 Update - Patch Notes Discussion

I wonder how many undocumented changes they added this time...

It's nice to see that they realize food bonuses are pretty weak without housing. Both Feed the World and the Gurdwara getting housing are good buffs.

• Various crash and performance improvements implemented.
  • Additional general bug fixes and polish.
Seriously, though, could the person creating the patch notes not be bothered to itemize these two bullet points. FXS has done it on previous updates (particularly for bug fixes); maybe not everything, but at least a decent list of most fixes. Hate having to find out the hard way what's fixed and what's not.

I still find Lady of the Reeds and Marshes underwhelming. I'd rather they kept it +1 but applied to all flood plains.
In my head it's still ok and very flavorful for egypt. But yeah, all flood plains would be better.

So, the Cliffs of Dover STILL can't be improved?! Lame.

Seriously, though, could the person creating the patch notes not be bothered to itemize these two bullet points. FXS has done it on previous updates (particularly for bug fixes); maybe not everything, but at least a decent list of most fixes. Hate having to find out the hard way what's fixed and what's not.
Whatever those are, it seems that there was no fix to the water rising crash on larger maps in them.

The religion changes look nice, some of the belief seem very powerful if planned around. However, I'm incredibly underwhelmed by how much of the patch notes were dedicated to Red Death. I haven't played a single game of it since it came out. In fact, I don't think I have even ever clicked the multiplayer menu.

The religion changes look nice, some of the belief seem very powerful if planned around. However, I'm incredibly underwhelmed by how much of the patch notes were dedicated to Red Death. I haven't played a single game of it since it came out. In fact, I don't think I have even ever clicked the multiplayer menu.
And I still won't be playing red death. Battle royale has never interested me and never will. I hope that this is the last major update it will receive so that attention can be dedicated to the base game, but who knows.

Depends a lot on how you play. I tend to have very high population cities. At least they had the grace to make it break even with old Tithe in pop 10 cities. But compared to what Tithe was doing in pop 20+ cities, this is very disappointing.

The only time Tithe was ever better is if you averaged at least 8 followers in every city. So, if you're playing a tall, insular empire with only a few cities and you don't bother to spread your religion to other civilizations and city-states, then sure, Tithe was eventually better later.

But Church Property gave you 2 gold for every city, regardless of follower count. So, you got 2 gold right away for every one of your cities. How many turns were you getting less than 2 gold per city until you hit 8 followers? Probably a lot of turns!

Until now I never really committed towards the religious aspect of the game. Only when playing a religious focused civ. The new additions look interesting: might give them a try!

Strangely the best thing about the update is the addition of the HUD-ribbon (on console). Cool how such a small addition makes a world of difference for my playing experience.

Since I play on PS4 I won’t be able to give RD a try, but maybe it’ll be added in a future update. Anyway, it looks like a fun change of settings! Hopefully those playing the mode actively will enjoy it.

Sincerely, that's all?

Wow....

To balance natural wonders you should decrease power of some, especially those recently added

No NW can be improved, idk why anyone would expect something different for CoD.
Because the Cliffs of Dover are CLIFFS. It doesn't make sense that they should also occupy the tiles behind them. If anything, they should prevent improvements on the adjacent coast tiles, not the grass. Not to mention this limitation totally screws with TSL Earth Maps if you start as England.

Because the Cliffs of Dover are CLIFFS. It doesn't make sense that they should also occupy the tiles behind them. If anything, they should prevent improvements on the adjacent coast tiles, not the grass. Not to mention this limitation totally screws with TSL Earth Maps if you start as England.
i can see them not wanting to rewrite all of the rules for NW because of one. But because that's the case they should buffed more than appeal to mostly ocean.

No NW can be improved, idk why anyone would expect something different for CoD.

I guess it is because, as the Natural Wonder is the cliff, it just looks like two grassland hills in most of it size. Nothing that suggests you should remove it to build an improvement.
Despite the additional appeal, they are still underwhelming, both benefit-wise, and appearance-wise.

I'm fine with most changes, but Work Ethic now seems broken if combined with the right panteons (to be checked if cards impact as well). I'd add it loses a bit of flavour by not tieing it to population (I mean, work ethic means your population is hard-working, isn't it). Maybe substituting the raw bonus by a +x production for each +y population would have been more flavorful.

looks like these community patches are going to be small almost hotfix like patches which is ok i guess given that they are more frequent. not a big fan of RD so those additions dont really interest me. looks like i am also going to sit this one out and wait for the ethiopia pack to drop.

Huh, so the video did pretty much cover everything. There just wasnt anything else to talk about. Im getting more and more confident that not buying NFP was the right call. Which makes me very sad since I was really hoping for a civ6 revival :undecide:

Top Bottom