• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Just one more turn???

Worldsapart

Chieftain
Or is it just one more dream?
I keep trying to like this game but it seems like every time I load the game I play for less and less turns. This game's better than Lunesta.

It makes me super sad, I talked up this game so much to all my friends and I'm beyond disappointed with it.

I also dropped Civ5, returning to BTS-RoM-AND.

When I get jaded on the massivly moster maps in Civ4 I take a break and play Rise Of Nations. I may replace Rise of Nations with Civ5. That seems to be the design decision - a quick play military game with a basic tech tree and basic economy building. I love the 1UPT of Civ5. I would prefer that certain techs allow 2UPT and then 3UPT.

For me the Civ experience has always been an epic "Building an empire to stand the test of time"; now where did I read that quote? I love large maps with lots of Civs and modpacks with lots of techs. I just don't get that epic empire building satisfaction w/ Civ5.

YMMV.

I almost dropped CIV5 but after the .62 patch it got little bit better and now Im into it.
Also I play on duel and tiny maps with more Civs and less CSs than recommended by the game setup. Playing on any map beyond 'small' becomes a chore real quick...

I've had to force myself to turn off my PC in the wee small hours loads recently becuase of 5.

It's different from BTS, you have to play it differently, but (imo) it's still loads of fun.

I find the Shigg's Earth map mod really turned the corner for me. I played BTS mostly on earth with loads of civs so this is ideal. The things I was mostly indifferent to in BTS, like espionage and religion are either gone or rolled into cultural policies so that helps too.

Giving up? I can't even bear to open to game after the first week.

Top Bottom