Kamikaze Apostles! (Updated March 17th)

Do you ever ruthlessly exploit the Martyr promotion in your games?

• Yes, I am a cruel villain

• No, I would never...

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm doing this as Eleanor, and I took Monastic Isolation so I'm not suffering too bad from it (I don't lose Religious pressure from losing my theological battles!) I'm getting Relics everywhere, and then using those to take over their cities! XD I built Mont St Michel, and ooooh I feel like I'm cheating, lol. I also make sure I spend all but one of my charges before I start looking for fights so they can die, lol.

So I'm spreading my religion and getting Relics, and both are helping me win with Loyalty XD

This became a central mechanic exploit of a game I just played as England. I wouldn't have even tried it if I hadn't found a relic in a goodie hut, had Suzerainty over Yerevan, and Arabia directly to my south by the dawn of the classical era.

I like Mont St Michel even better than Yerevan, because I get those Martyr powers for every Apostle, plus one extra promotion! And I use Moksha also so I get even another, so my faith fighters do a lot of damage before getting my Relic :)

I'm doing this as Eleanor, and I took Monastic Isolation so I'm not suffering too bad from it (I don't lose Religious pressure from losing my theological battles!) I'm getting Relics everywhere, and then using those to take over their cities! XD I built Mont St Michel, and ooooh I feel like I'm cheating, lol. I also make sure I spend all but one of my charges before I start looking for fights so they can die, lol.

So I'm spreading my religion and getting Relics, and both are helping me win with Loyalty XD
Sounds like a fun game, Mary... Keep us informed of the details here on this thread. With the strategy you are using, every development in your game will be on topic for this thread. :thanx:

Unfortunately, I am now playing a game as India and missed both Stonehenge and Mont St. Michel. The A1 beat me to them so now I can only pray for the Martyr option whenever I create a new apostle because the Yerevan city state didn't show up on my map. I am playing a game with only 5 city states. I don't like too many of those things cluttering up my world.

Even with the bonuses they give you, I still prefer to smash the :devil:HELL:devil: out of the city states and ruthlessly slaughter all of the innocent victims, Bwa ha ha!! :deadhorse:
Sorry.... got a little carried away there...:hammer2:

Top Bottom