KaTiON's Space Maps

Standard Solar System (v3)
  • Added a couple new islands and some rivers to continents
  • Corrected a couple coast tiles that weren't actually coastal
  • Added oceanic trenches
  • Replaced tall grass in tundra with forests
  • Added more terrain features such as tall grass, rainwater basins and desert outcrops, and hopefully every terrain feature combination is now in the scenario

Last edited:
Add tar pits somewhere closer to starting position of civs.
Also rivers shouldn't be on ice terrain according to predefined feature terrain locations.

Looks like you should reduce peak chains to single peaks on your alien world, as it hampers expansion of AI.

Suggestion noted, though I don't think I will mess with that scenario as I plan to replace it with the upcoming tiny alien system that will include an improved space section, thanks to your clarifications on the subject.

Your maps are missing goody huts and goody islands (placed on coasts). They are listed as improvements.

Resources shouldn't be placed on peaks if its unlocked before renaissance era and close to starting location unless there is same kind of resource nearby - you need medieval tech - mountaineering to get them.

Resources shouldn't be placed on peaks if its unlocked before renaissance era and close to starting location unless there is same kind of resource nearby - you need medieval tech - mountaineering to get them.

It's intended to give a mid-game boost to some nations that might be a bit resource poor of a given type.

Hmm Aztecs doesn't have iron nearby, that isn't on mountain.
Wasn't the original Jaguar unit mostly a great way to get a swordsman without having to have iron? It was also bonused for jungle and forest fighting, true, but it didn't require iron, which was to suggest that perhaps historically, the Aztecs didn't. Might be worth researching and adjusting the core unit back towards this Vanilla standard if it isn't already.

I'm finally getting around to take a closer look. I haven't actually played a game in a long time and I am setting up a game on the Tiny map, since my computer is old and will probably choke on the larger map.

One thing I notice is that there will be no way for a Worldship to get out of the solar system, except for the Transtellar tiles just "South" of the second moon. That's because the Worldship doesn't have Lunar or Earth as traversable map categories. I can change that if needed, but for now be aware of the issue.

Aside from that, it looks great and I am looking forward to building an intergalactic empire on it.

Glad you like it! Though, as you've stated with the seed ship example, it is true there are quite a few of problems with it. Next month I will release a map to replace the tiny one that hopefully won't have any major issues.

Just got to the end of the tech tree with the Tiny map. With the interface overall mod I was able to have 182 cities at the end without it becoming unplayable due to MAF's (I have an old 4 GB RAM machine, so I don't dare try the larger map).

Just got to the end of the tech tree with the Tiny map. With the interface overall mod I was able to have 182 cities at the end without it becoming unplayable due to MAF's (I have an old 4 GB RAM machine, so I don't dare try the larger map).
What were your turn times? Can we see your savegame?

@strategyonly @KaTiON_PT @pepper2000 can I add Standard Solar System to mod?
It is essentially cleaner version of TPEHEP's Vertical Solar map, that is already part of mod.
It also follows Pepper's space map design philosophy.
That is map categories and space zones are in order and secondary terrains, features and resources are in proper places.
TPEHEP's map is 120x200 and Kation's map is 110x200.

Last edited:
Top Bottom