Kaz vs SANCTA - the ultimate showdown

I would be happy to talk to people, but that probably require them to want to work with me first... But imo we should be past that stage already.

Well Donsig and I know each other, so as long as I were given some parameters to work within I think I would be fine doing some dealing with him.

It seems to me that the prevailing feeling here is what I gave word to in my post - we've made a mistake here, and a lot of us feel that we're actually better off where we are. Also, realizing that General_W lied to my face about how their trade discussions with Kaz had been happening probably makes me glorify them a bit less than before.

Now, as Renata pointed out, sticking with Kaz obviously has two immediate problems. One, what do we do with the MC trade? Two, what to do with SANCTA's axe near the barbarian city?

I will conclude that the result of the vote is to stick with Kaz. And I'm glad we were able to see differently today than yesterday, cue Steinbeck.

At any rate we need to unpause the game. We still have some time on the timer after that.

I think we should be up front with kaz about our "new" response from sancta about MC, how they told us the deal with them (kaz) was in, and that they are are looking to shop it for as much as they can, effectively treating us like dumb AIs. Although the trade is better if we make it (no poly) i don't mind if kaz makes it. I would want them to just give it to us after turn 100, but that might be a little too much to ask for. We could maybe say we'll let you have the GL for MC, or some other compensatory deal, but then we're getting into difficult, beaker-counting diplomacy. At the very worst we could make the math-MC deal but I'd really rather not. What i'd lean towards doing, is simply tell kaz the situation from our point of view, and ask them what they think, and take it from there. At the very least i think that would set a good tone for diplomatic relations to come.

By the way, what are we planning to get with CS? Does kaz even know we're going that way? I assume they're going aesthetics->literature when we want them to go machinery.

as far as the axe, i'm not to worried but would want a chariot to stalk it. I've sorta lost track of where it is, did it go to the forests on the coast or is it that unit near the city? One chariot stalking and another tied up in our interior and we're fine till it's gone. I'd also consider some diplomacy telling them to get the hell out, at least after MC is figured out.

We don't actually want them to go machinery. We don't have any enemies close and we don't really want them to take out sancta either(also machinery require mc)...

Top Bottom