Keeping YOUR fighters in mid-air forever!

Ohwell

Deity
I have recently found out you can keep your fighters in mid-air just like the AI! You tell it your orders, and on its last move, tell it to wait. When the unit is reactivated at the end of the turn, end the turn, don't move it or press space! Just press Ctrl-N!
Then, the next turn it is ready for another round of attack. The only bad thing is it can't repair unless you move it back. And it won't work for bombers.
Using this, you can send a whole legion of maybe 40 stlth fighters at your enemy on the opposite side of the world and attack without carriers!

yes indeed.Only works in MGE as no such end turn keyboard shortcut exists in "classic" civ2.

Works for bombers and missiles as well.
Keeps triremes from sinking also(just move 2 squares)

Originally posted by Smash
yes indeed.Only works in MGE as no such end turn keyboard shortcut exists in "classic" civ2.

Works for bombers and missiles as well.
Keeps triremes from sinking also(just move 2 squares)

But I think I can remember that in the classic, I was able to fortify my fighter, allowing them to begin the turn after with full movement, and if kept fortified, they were able to "fly" on the same square several turn and to repair. The first time I played MGE, I tried to do the same thing, and crashed a couple of my fighters :D

That was particulary useful when playing WW2 scenario with neutral and trying to get amsterdam back (on low difficulty level)

Top Bottom