Keyboard shortcuts?

Nitrius

Chieftain
Is it possible to change the keyboard shortcuts somehow? If yes, anyone want to share how? =)

Thanks in advance.

Don't know.

But here's a question/request:

I sure wish there was a keyboard shortcut for 'go to units'. I'd use it every turn.

Well i've already seen the list over the shortcut, but would be nice with some way to edit them. Also not every shortcut listed seem to be correct, for example: Ctrl+R - Show Resources Icons, works correctly
Ctrl+Y - Yield Icons, but this one doesn't work, instead i only need to click Y, anyone else noticed this?

Found a site that mentioned how to edit some of the hotkeys: http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/8223/is-it-possible-to-change-keyboard-shortcuts but it doesn't seem to be all, so they look to be spread within several files...

@Nitrius:

Many thanks for your link. Good catch! A quick peek at the files suggests that CIV5Commands.xml and CIV5Controls.xml are the ones to look at. I'll see what I can do in terms of creating a current KB shortcut list. I'll also see if I can edit in FKey assignments for the espionage and religious overview screens. Last time I looked there are still at least two unassigned FKeys.

So anyone know any more about editing keyboard shortcuts? Would at least want to find the file that contains the shortcut for "Show Resources Icons" and "Yield Icons". Find it a bit weird that the manual says the are both enabled/disabled with R and Y, but i have to click CTRL+R for it to work here.

So anyone know any more about editing keyboard shortcuts? Would at least want to find the file that contains the shortcut for "Show Resources Icons" and "Yield Icons". Find it a bit weird that the manual says the are both enabled/disabled with R and Y, but i have to click CTRL+R for it to work here.

Weird, the manual still isn't updated regarding the R-for-resources change. It was patched to CTRL-R a looong time ago, because you'd end up turning the icons on and off every time you told a worker to build a road with the hotkey.:p

Top Bottom