King David of Israel: 3D animated, era specific leaderhead

It is waaaaaaaaay to late to be a good UU, not to mention that the graphics are old and don't look very good.

Got to be an irrigating slinger unit, replacement for archer with extra attack, for Israel. Anything past, say 900 BCE is too long past Israel's golden age.

Excellent leaderhead. I think I'll re-name him "Solomon" and use him in my Tweaked Out mod....

Goldflash said:
It is waaaaaaaaay to late to be a good UU, not to mention that the graphics are old and don't look very good.

Well, your mod as two UUs per civ, so if you include them, they could have a macabee, and a Merkavah.

I just made the Merkavah a pretty darn powerful unit, so that the fact that it is a late-game UU isn't that important when compaired with it's power (not game-breaking though).

I have a lot of UU's in my mod, but I use the Enkidu Warrior from the Sumerians as Israel's main UU. I just renamed him Shofar Warrior.

NateDawgNY said:
I have a lot of UU's in my mod, but I use the Enkidu Warrior from the Sumerians as Israel's main UU. I just renamed him Shofar Warrior.

Heh, that's funny... I also used the Enkidu Warrior Graphics in my mod, but I called the resulting unit a maccabee, which replaces the swordsman. It's a 2.2.1 unit that treats all terrain as roads. Used properly, it can be even more annoying than the Zulu Impi Warriors. :p

Hikaro Takayama said:
Heh, that's funny... I also used the Enkidu Warrior Graphics in my mod, but I called the resulting unit a maccabee, which replaces the swordsman. It's a 2.2.1 unit that treats all terrain as roads. Used properly, it can be even more annoying than the Zulu Impi Warriors. :p

I also use the Enkidu Warrior as a Maccabee, and use it exactly as an Enkidu Warrior is used - a cheap 1.2.1 unit. I've even got a civilopedia entry for it:

#PRTO_Maccabee
^
^
^The [maccabee] is a very tough early defensive unit.
^
#DESC_PRTO_Maccabee
^
^
^The Maccabees were Jewish guerilla fighters, responding to Greek Hellenism in 167 BC.
^
^
^Altars to Zeus and other pagan deities were erected in every village in Judah and Jews were forced to participate in
the sacrificial services. When the Greeks found a Jew in the village of Modiin to perform a pagan service in the town
square, Mattisyahu ben Yochanan led his five sons and other townspeople in revolt. Echoing the words of Moses, Mattisyahu
proclaimed:"Whoever is for God, let him come to me!" The Maccabees, as they were called, led an army of 6000 in a successful
guerilla war against the more numerous and better-armed Syrian Greeks. The Maccabees defeated three Syrian generals, Philip,
Apollonius and Seron in successive battles and then defeated three more generals who led an army of 50,000 men. Yehudah the
Maccabee then liberated Jerusalem and purified the Temple.
^Chanukah, which commemorates the amazing military victory and heroism of the Maccabees, puts its main emphasis on the
rededication of the Temple and the miracle of the one day pitcher of oil that fueled the Menorah of the Temple for eight days.
The Menorah represents the eternal light of the Torah and the Jews' sacrifice and unwavering commitment to Jewish spiritual values
and observance. The message of Chanukah is that when Jews take the first step for their Jewishness, spirtual and Divine help will
guarantee Jewish survival.

It seems we all use the Enkidu Warrior. :)

@R8XFT
I love that Civilopedia Entry. Very well written. :goodjob:

NateDawgNY said:

@R8XFT

I didn't write it myself, as a matter of fact, I picked up the info from the internet last year and incorporated it into my Civilopedia file. I agree, though, it is a nice entry and was very well written by whoever it was ;) !

NateDawgNY said:

@R8XFT

I actually used it in my mod before I used the Merkavah :lol:.

Does anyone think I should change the Merkavah to something more like a Macabee?

Theres some units from Steph's Ancient Units collection that would make fine Maccabees just to let you all know.

In Far Horizons, the Israelites currently have the Merkava, as well as a Modern Infantry replacement called the Desert Eagle.

The desert eagle is a powerful machine gun invented by the Israeli army that surpasses even US made firearms. I'm strongly considering adding a third UU for Israel...you can guess what it is...

Oh and Gokf, is your website ready to receive Far Horizons when its ready?

No, Israel isn't going into the GATTM, they are going into my next project which will have only one UU per civ. And the Enkidu Warrior Graphics are being used as the Ekidu Warior, which will be wonder Created.

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
Oh and Gokf, is your website ready to receive Far Horizons when its ready?

My server is ready. Just be aware, when you upload a long file, it takes a very long time to load, so you may want to leave it overnight, or for a few hours (depending on your connection). Shouldn't be too bad though.

About Steph's converted units: While they look great, they are lower quality than Civ3 or other Poser units, don't have sounds, and have one frame default animations. I'm sorry, IMO they are just too low qaulity.

Yeah, we should try and get someone like Kinboat to make a Macabee. If somebody does make a high qaulity (ie Poser) Macabee, it will go into the Basic Israel mod, unless a lot of people don't want that (which I doubt).

Originally posted by Sword_Of_Geddon
as well as a Modern Infantry replacement called the Desert Eagle.
What unit do you use for that? I did some palette editing on the Modern Infantry unit by Balou and call it an IDF Paratrooper.
Does anyone think I should change the Merkavah to something more like a Macabee?
It depends on what you're going for. If you're going for an early UU, then I'd say put the Maccabee in there. In my mod I have several UU's for Israel. The Shofar Warrior, Jewish Legion, IDF Paratrooper, Merkava, and the Dagger (Mirage look-alike). You could use any one of these as a UU for Israel.

NateDawgNY said:
It depends on what you're going for. If you're going for an early UU, then I'd say put the Maccabee in there. In my mod I have several UU's for Israel. The Shofar Warrior, Jewish Legion, IDF Paratrooper, Merkava, and the Dagger (Mirage look-alike). You could use any one of these as a UU for Israel.

I think I'll request a Macabee unit. It seems a lot of people could use it.

Go for it. I tried looking for some images, but the best that I could come up with was a description.

Top Bottom