Kingdom of Sweden

There should be a earth map to play on or at least europa...
europaeuropa mod works for now but i want to play with this version on everything...

Taking Island,Norway,Finland,Denmark,Baltikum and one city in germany and one in Poland to start with...
"tronar på minnen från Fornstora dar ni vet"

then build defense,technology and wonders and after that taking the globe :)
(instead of invading russia and loose everything accept norway...)

nostalgi och identifikation på hög nivå...

I challenge you all to record voices for Swedish units. That'd be just great.

Can someone please tell me how to use this mod or if I'm doing it right? I've unpacked it in the MODS directory but when I start the game I can't find the Swedes as a playable civ anywhere

Edit: I've managed to load the mod into the game, the problem is that I can't find the civ even with the mod loaded

majk-iii said:
How about something like Nationalteatern for the industrial-era soundtrack?
=))

Agreed!!! That would be the greatest thing ever! :D
If so, some song suggestions: Barn av vår tid, Kolla kolla, Jack the ripper, Spisa, Livet är en fest och Speedy Gonzales :mischief:

Svensk invasion ser jag:p
Anyway, to add it: Just drag it into the mods map?

Looks awesome. The flag and UU are really impressive. I'm not too familiar with Swedish history and had never seen the flag or a Karolin, but the art you used for them looks great!

I'm sorry but I don't that Karl XII is a good leader, cause he was a pig, he hated the swedish weather and climate(I've been told that he was considering to emigrate from sweden:S), and because of him we lost all of our conquered area's:S So I think Gustav Vasa would be a better choice!

Halmboy said:
So I think Gustav Vasa would be a better choice!
Well, I would also suggest one of a pair of earlier regents, but then I might be biased. :)

Well, It was Gustav Vasa whom kinda created sweden:p If you understan what I mean:p

Halmboy said:
Well, It was Gustav Vasa whom kinda created sweden:p If you understan what I mean:p
Well, he 'created' modern Sweden, building on the work of previous Regents of Sweden, and was from the Sture family who supplied several of the Regents. As I noted, I'm biased. :)

Fan va nice!

I was just looking in the poll threads about new civs and was irritated that no one thought about the great days of sweden :-D We were not only vikings!
So this is a great idea, will play it first thing when I get home today.

Must agree with poster above that said Gustav Wasa is a better choice of leader than Karl XII. To be honest Ive never understood why Karl is considered cool in any way. I know he won in Narva and such, but he was the one that lost everything. Gustav II Adolf is the hero and as a second leader after him I would say Gustav Wasa.

Again, great work!

Lithrim said:
Fan va nice!

I was just looking in the poll threads about new civs and was irritated that no one thought about the great days of sweden :-D We were not only vikings!
So this is a great idea, will play it first thing when I get home today.

Must agree with poster above that said Gustav Wasa is a better choice of leader than Karl XII. To be honest Ive never understood why Karl is considered cool in any way. I know he won in Narva and such, but he was the one that lost everything. Gustav II Adolf is the hero and as a second leader after him I would say Gustav Wasa.

Again, great work!

i'd say the opposite. i don't really understand why everybody dislikes karl XII.

he was crowned king at the age of 14 and only two years later all neighbouring countries (denmark, saxony-poland and russia) declared war, thinking it would be an easy match against this child king. but he conquered all of them. and the most famous battle, the battle of narva, made him famous all over europe as the young military genius who conquered a russian army three times as big. though later on, while conquering in poland, russia attacked again and that is when karl XII made his first great mistake. he marched with 44000 men towards moscow (a popular mistake).

after that the setbacks never ended and yes, sweden's time as superpower ended during his reign. but to blame him only for it is a little too simple i'd say. sweden's golden age was almost completely a long time of war. in the long run sweden could never afford all these wars. sweden was too short of both money and population. sooner or later the aggressive wars would end and the defensive wars would take over. unfortunately karl XII's reigning period were filled with them. when he died in battle at the age of 36 he had more or less been out at war his whole life (when he returned to sweden in 1714 after fighting down on the continent he hadn't been home in sweden for about 16 years).

i guess what made him so popular before was the simple life he lived (without the luxuries most king couldn't be without), his military achievements and the way he gave it all for "greater glory" (not really the swedish way today...). he is a legend, or at least he was. today it is kind of politically incorrect to admire a war king, and unfortunately the neonazis have grabbed him as their hero. but apart from all that i don't think he should be so unpopular today and more than that i think it's wrong to only blame hime for the "fall of the empire".

i definitely agree with you though, that he wasn't the best king. the ones you named were great, along with many others. this reply is waaay too long...:rolleyes:

I agree with you guys that Karl XII wasn't the best of Kings but as previoulsy stated, he was born into war at a very young age, so I guess my vote for the Karl family goes to Karl XI. When Karl XI complained abouth Swedish weather just shows that he was a bright boy with common sense. ;)

Gustav Adolf makes a good leader and was maybe the greatest along with Vasa.

Nachos said:
i'd say the opposite. i don't really understand why everybody dislikes karl XII.

he was crowned king at the age of 14 and only two years later all neighbouring countries (denmark, saxony-poland and russia) declared war, thinking it would be an easy match against this child king. but he conquered all of them. and the most famous battle, the battle of narva, made him famous all over europe as the young military genius who conquered a russian army three times as big. though later on, while conquering in poland, russia attacked again and that is when karl XII made his first great mistake. he marched with 44000 men towards moscow (a popular mistake).

after that the setbacks never ended and yes, sweden's time as superpower ended during his reign. but to blame him only for it is a little too simple i'd say. sweden's golden age was almost completely a long time of war. in the long run sweden could never afford all these wars. sweden was too short of both money and population. sooner or later the aggressive wars would end and the defensive wars would take over. unfortunately karl XII's reigning period were filled with them. when he died in battle at the age of 36 he had more or less been out at war his whole life (when he returned to sweden in 1714 after fighting down on the continent he hadn't been home in sweden for about 16 years).

i guess what made him so popular before was the simple life he lived (without the luxuries most king couldn't be without), his military achievements and the way he gave it all for "greater glory" (not really the swedish way today...). he is a legend, or at least he was. today it is kind of politically incorrect to admire a war king, and unfortunately the neonazis have grabbed him as their hero. but apart from all that i don't think he should be so unpopular today and more than that i think it's wrong to only blame hime for the "fall of the empire".

i definitely agree with you though, that he wasn't the best king. the ones you named were great, along with many others. this reply is waaay too long...:rolleyes:

I would like my favourite king.. Karl X who marched over the ice to Denmark.

I agree with replacing Karl XII with someone else.
Either Per-Albin Hansson or Gustav Vasa.
Karl XII and Gustavus Adolphus feels to close to each other.

Music (as a so far very new and unexperienced player of Civilization IV, I'm not quite sure about the eras which have different music etc):

Ancient, Classical etc.
Sapmí-music. Jojk. Some of those magical drums they have, y'know? :D

Medieval, Renaissance etc.
Bellman, Jenny Lind... Nyckelharpa, Jew's harp (mungiga), accordian... Swedish summer, mon.

Industrial, Modern etc.
Ebba Grön, Nationalteatern... Progg :)
No ****in' Abba, man :(
Soundtrack of our Lives, The Hives

Why cant anyone make a Norwegian civ?! Norway was the greatest of the scandinavian civs until the "kalmarunionen"!

Cant be mutch fixing to make norway...??

Top Bottom