Kirneh - Worldview Tooltips

kirneh

Chieftain
Hi there,

I'm planning on doing a series of interface mods, and this is the first. I should note that this is largely based upon the work of other modders. Credit goes to: Gilestiel, Adam Watkins, Csebal.

The mod updates the tooltips of the worldview area. The main news are in the unit tooltips, which now displays strength, hitpoints, moves remaining, defense modifier, fortification bonus and promotions. The changes have been made with inspiration from Adam Watkins' Hover Info mod, and with the use of code from Gilestiels All Promotions Tooltip mod.

In addition to this I have incorporated Csebals Extended Plot Info mod, with changes to the way the data is presented to make the look consistent with the unit tooltips. Tooltips for resources have been removed, as the information they provided is available in the plot tooltips in a better format.

Flavors available:
- If you wish to use only the unit tooltips part of this mod, for example if you wish to use the vanilla CsebMod, just remove the CsebMod subdirectory of this mod.
- If you want to keep the resource icons, simply delete the file UnitTooltip/ResourceIconManager.lua from the mod.

The mod will be available shortly in the mod browser, I wanted to link to this thread in the description :) Screenshots are attached. Let me know if there are any problems/bugs.

-Kirneh

edit: It's in the mod browser! I have attached it here as well, for people having problems with the mod browser.

Attachments

• screenshot1.jpg
    screenshot1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 484
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 418
  • screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 376
  • screenshot4.jpg
    screenshot4.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 340
  • Kirneh - Worldview Tooltips (v 1).civ5mod
    19.7 KB · Views: 163
Wow, great mod.

Can you tell me how to change it, so that I can get the full promotion info on default (without pressing the ALT-key).

Thank you,
Waldfels

Any chance this will be updated to the latest patch as now it seems to mess with a few things. ie:Stone resource shows as an iron icon and text is in german.

Top Bottom