KiwiTT's Road to War Mini-Mod

Thanks for your feedback.

I have been playing WWII Wargames for 40+ years ... and reading about WWII history for almost as long. This game has allowed me to combine that.

You've got a decade or so on me and yield to your experience, but I can relate to your enthusiasm. I love CIV IV for the same reason with it's flexibility (I tinkered with WWII mods for every CIV since the first one). This version also has some of of the largest support communities and content. It's actually very hard to keep up with all the new units and cool mods to add in. I might eventually tidy up my version for upload, but I enjoy playing other people's versions just as much as modding.

I am 50/50 as well re: playing/modding.

That is correct. I am trying to reflect that the merchant shipping lanes were quite full with a variety of all nations. Even landlocked nations like Austria and Czechoslovakia has some ships.

I may make this better in version 0.4x

Try to see it as Armies versus Divisions as opposed to Tank versus Tank.

The Major powers built Armored Corps and Armies. The minor nations did not.

dear kiwitt

i tried to dl and use your mod , but you've made it too complicated to even try..
so many errors and it wont even see its own map.

from what i understand , i'm supposed to replace manually any file that your upgraded mode brings , provided that i can find that file within my old rtw folder.

i tried this for few hours , but i seem to miss some of the old files anyway.

perhaps you could just upload a version of your mod that already has everything it needs to work... not everyone of us are comp geeks.

ok, i'm waiting for a working version to be uploaded , it doesnt matter if its 700mb in size , only that it works .

cheers and good luck
Pef

It is still a work in progress - hence the 0.x release number. I am effectively on my own doing this, whereas other more "polished" mods have teams.

NOTE: You can not use Ultimate Edition.

I know ... I am still testing and debugging. I am considering a full mod release, i.e. the entire mod as one install file. This means I want to get it right first time as it will be a big file to be created.

Remember it is just me.

RE: Version 0.4x progress.

I am collecting new models for use and then make new XML files to make use of them. I'll try to limit changes to 0.3x codebase to these areas, which should avoid any crashes or problems.

0.4x will take some more time than I thought.

I have over 2,000 existing on-map units to fix up, to solve the AI Disbanding units.

I downloaded this, though this was newer version of what comes with BtS, how does this differ from it?
there are two .inis, they won't overwrite eachother even if file is renamed exactly same as other one, why?

how can I go back to original?

You need to ensure that you copy the "Road to War" folder as "Road to War - KiwiTT" before you make any changes. This way your original stays intact. As to the INI files, probably an error on my part; it's still a work in progress..

See my install instruction on the download page.

You need to ensure that you copy the "Road to War" folder as "Road to War - KiwiTT" before you make any changes. This way your original stays intact. As to the INI files, probably an error on my part; it's still a work in progress..

See my install instruction on the download page.

no use to read them now, is there, I did read insrtuctions and didn't understand a sh**, so I just did what I though i was supposed to do: replaced original RTW -files with yours, as I asked, HOW DO I GET BACK TO ORIGINAL?

You would not have been in this position if you had followed my instructions ;)

Installation Notes
1: Copy the entire "The Road to War" folder as "The Road to War - KiwiTT"
2: To install these files, find the location of the original ones and replace them with mine.
3: Essentially renaming the originals by adding old to the name and renaming mine to the original names. Here are all my modified files.

Rather than just diving in and changing files. Step 1 would have left the RtW folder intact and Step 3 renaming the old files to .old. I did not want to load up the entire The Road to War - KiwiTT into one file as it would have been many megabytes and while I was constantly changing the files, it would have meant uploading a new file regularly.

Version 0.4 may fix this. However, as I will still be updating the version 0.4x files as they develop, if you want to play this mod, you need to follow my instructions correctly, otherwise you will end up how you now find yourself.

Here is the "ini" file from "original v3.19. BTS.

You would not have been in this position if you had followed my instructions ;)

Rather than just diving in and changing files. Step 1 would have left the RtW folder intact and Step 3 renaming the old files to .old. I did not want to load up the entire The Road to War - KiwiTT into one file as it would have been many megabytes and while I was constantly changing the files, it would have meant uploading a new file regularly.

Version 0.4 may fix this. However, as I will still be updating the version 0.4x files as they develop, if you want to play this mod, you need to follow my instructions correctly, otherwise you will end up how you now find yourself.

Here is the "ini" file from "original v3.19. BTS.
thanks

I did try to follow instructions, but looks like I didn't try hard enought.

RE: my development
Version 1.0x Full Release
Version 0.9x - Single install file development to install the Mod.
Version 0.8x - 1942 Europe Map
Version 0.7x - Diplomacy settings in Maps
Version 0.6x - Global Assault Map - incorporating "Kuff-Dam" Map and "Deanej" UE.1.1 patch for 3.19
Version 0.5x - Pacific Map (Note: Version 0.3x can be used with this map already)
Version 0.4x - Air and Naval Units
Version 0.3x - European Map for Version 3.19
Version 0.2x - European Map for version 3.17
Version 0.1x - European Map - Initial modding trial
I will probably stop on version 0.5x. However, version 0.4x will be released as a single install file as will 0.5x. Global Assault will not be released. Diplomacy tweaks will be incorporated in to 0.4x or 0.5x. There will be no 1939 or 1942 map released.

Top Bottom