Klisz's Civs

Yay! No more freakishly huge head man.

...Of course Steam comments has someone complaining in russian for no apparent reason.

Thanks for the release - it's a welcome addition to the pool of playable Portugals.

I might have to give him a try soon - it'd be nice to be playing as Portugal, rather than them constantly being at my throat as is the case in my current EUIV game :p

Last night I started an actual game for the first time in a while, and it definitely seems to me that Pombal's UA is too powerful. I think the production bonus needs a cap, but I'm not sure how high it should be. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Would decreasing the actual percentage per policy work, instead of applying a cap? Reducing the production bonus to 1% would achieve many of the same results of the cap, whilst still having the UA progress throughout the game.

Alternatively you could give him 5% production per Social Policy tree completed, which would be similar to the above solution. If a cap would need to be introduced, I assume that 25% would be suitable?

Reducing the actual percentage to 1 is the best choice IMO. On top of that, if it was up to me, I would also make a total cap at 25%. Likewise, I would reduce the policy cost modifier from 10% to 5% for met major civilizations :).

YAAAAAAY

Anything I can do to help?

Well, their main barrier to release is my sheer laziness with working on them, so if you have a solution for that... :p

Unrelatedly, Pombal has been updated!

Changelog:
- Fixed a bug where the Wine Company's gold from foreign trade units in your territory would only function if all of the tiles in workable range are owned
- UA now grants only +1% Production per Policy, with a cap of 25%, and only -5% Policy cost per met civ with more (still with a -30% cap)
- Added new leaderscreen, courtesy of DarthStarkiller
- Altered the capitalization of the UA name on advice from DarthStarkiller
- Nerded UA; see infographic for details
- Fiddled with the map colors

Thanks for the release Klisz!

Oh good, something to get me through the dog days of pre-civ-6-release!

I've gotten a couple of comments on the workshop saying T&T's color scheme is too close to Poland's.

Personally I think they're fairly distinct, but what do the CFC folks think?

Wow, I always thought Poland's second color was black. Apparently not.

The UI uses Firaxis' unused obelisk model as a placeholder for now, and the civ and leader pedias are empty, but despite these small incompletions...

The Kassites are released!

I like it. Not to be much of a jerk but Gilgamesh looks kinda out there. Like he doesn't belong. Sorry, I think I'll just return to the inartistic corner where I belong. It's really great though!

I agree to a certain extent. Art can always be improved, but the design matters a whole lot more.

I quite like the design actually. It's a really nice counter to Assyria without being derivative.

Do you have any in-game pictures of the UI?

I like it. Not to be much of a jerk but Gilgamesh looks kinda out there. Like he doesn't belong.

Do you mean that using Gilgamesh for Burnaburiash at all feels out of place, or just that his head looks odd on that body?

Sorry, I think I'll just return to the inartistic corner where I belong. It's really great though!

It's no problem - I can't improve without criticism, after all!

I quite like the design actually. It's a really nice counter to Assyria without being derivative.

I was actually thinking of it as a Babylon counter, but it does work well against Assyria too. A nice coincidence that both Firaxis Mesopotamian civs have science-related abilities.

Do you have any in-game pictures of the UI?

Spoiler :

It's using the obelisk model (same as JFD's Akhenaten) as a placeholder for the time being.

Top Bottom