Koori Dartman

Dear ShiroKobbure-san!

I do not know if you still read this thread, but I wanted to thank you for you wonderful Australian aborigenes units.

Your Koori people, the dartsman and the spearman, are now my favourite units in my East-South-East Asian scenario, I like them more than even the Kinboat's Kensai. :)

Originally Posted by ShiroKobbure
well, I may be the minority here, but I prefer historically acurate units to pretty units.

well Im trying to focus on the world that people forget: black africa, australlia, and polynesia.

I am in the realistic club, too.
Thant's why when I ran into your Kooris, I immideately re-worked my scenario:
because the units can perfectly be used to represent the culture and and warring forces of the Old Ones. Those who lived in Asia for dozens of mellenia, long before any white European even evolved in the West and any Asian even appeared in the East. - The Weddha. The descendants of the first sapient population of Asia, which was in fact Australoid. And they were once spread all over the continent from Java to Central China and from India to Japan.

The Koori of to-day are in fact just shadows of that misterious past... They managed to survive in Australia in total isolation till our times but they were the first of our species to populate the entire oriental world beyond Africa some 60 thousand years ago.
No they are almost gone. Almost. - Two year ago I went to Sri-Lanka and heard how the white Singhali people of the Aryan origin from India talked about small relic population of the Weddha that still live in the remote mountaneous forests of the island. The powerfull Singhalli people talked of the tiny half-extinct tribe exactly this way - "The Old Ones". With great respect and recognition of mistery around those ancient inhabitants of the island.
So I decided to place the Weddha in my Asian scenario and I'm happy that I can use your Kooris to represent them
Thank you for the units!

p.s. It is very interesting - the Koori spearman (but not dartman of course) - is also a perfect representation of Homo erectus... The first Homo to come to Asia at all. 2 million years ago... In an Ice Age scenario.

p.p.s. I just would like to ask... - could you possibly get interested in making a very special units for the ancient Asian pre-history - the "Flower Man"?
Homo floriensis, a tiny human with longish arms and slight built, no taller than a hobbit, that lived on the Island of Flowers alongside the Komodo dragons and giant rats. From 800 thousand years ago till - probably till the Middle Ages...

He was probably the smallest and the longest-living of non-sapient hominids, and he branched-out of the first humans that came to Asia.

The Malasians still call him "Orang-Pendek" and assertain that the Flower-men are not extinct.

Hey man not tring to be mean or anything, but since I haven't seen you around before, I'll go ahead and brief you. Look at the date at the top of the last post before replying to a post. If it has gone more than a few months without a reply, then that thread is dead. If you want to contact the creator then you can click on his name and then send him or her a private message, assuming he or she still visits the forums. There has been a large influx of new people reviving threads that have been dead for a large amount of time just to try to say what a great unit it is or to try to request something from a maker that is no longer with the community. Remember, just check the date at the top of the most recent post. It may save you some time and trouble, and the rest of us would prefer not to have a bunch of old threads floating around with the new ones.

Hey man not tring to be mean or anything, but since I haven't seen you around before, I'll go ahead and brief you. Look at the date at the top of the last post before replying to a post. If it has gone more than a few months without a reply, then that thread is dead. If you want to contact the creator then you can click on his name and then send him or her a private message, assuming he or she still visits the forums. There has been a large influx of new people reviving threads that have been dead for a large amount of time just to try to say what a great unit it is or to try to request something from a maker that is no longer with the community. Remember, just check the date at the top of the most recent post. It may save you some time and trouble, and the rest of us would prefer not to have a bunch of old threads floating around with the new ones.
Mr. 19Delta, there's nothing terrible about bumping an old thread if new and constructive commentary is the reason for the bump. Onza's bump hardly counts as the usual "dooood, nice unit! :--)" type of necromancy. On the contrary, it makes something of a decent contribution.

I quite agree. Mr Onza is obviously learned in his anthropology and I personally can appreciate such things.

He was, afterall, only trying to suggest possible uses for this colorful chap, so by all means give the man some slack. :scan:

At least he didn't come on and say "Hey man, great unit!" and then quickly dart back into the inky darkness of anonymous land. :cool:

Good point. Like I said, I wasn't trying to be mean, and there are exceptions to everything. I agree that Onza is very well educated in such matters, and I am by no means trying to snub the opinions and creativity of anyone on this site. However, he did bump another thread just to say "cool, nice unit." That was more of a shotgun blast because there seems to have been several new guys bumping old threads. It wasn't meant necessarily for Onza and I apoligize if I offended him, but it does get annoying to see a bunch of old threads get bumped up into the new.

Oh, Ok.
19Delta, I apoligize for breaking your forum modus vivendi and reviving old and dead threads. Thank you idea of sending a personal message to a certain creator... I just do not feel comfortable to interfere with personal messages to some guy who has never even heard of me before, that's why I decided to use open forum thread. Anyway, thanks for the remark, you were not mean at all :)
==================
COAtlantis1745 and Mithadan
Thank you for the support :)

But it's a pity if ShiroKobbure has left the forum :-(

Good luck to everyone!

Yes, bumping a thread to make a constructive contribution is perfectly all right.

Although I must point out that the existence of "Homo floriensis" as a species is very controversial: only one skull is known, and it may be microcephalic, ie that of a normal human with a deformity. If the species really did exist I'm sure it wasn't still around in the Middle Ages, though - there'd be more recent remains than those that have been found...

... I must point out that the existence of "Homo floriensis" as a species is very controversial: only one skull is known, and it may be microcephalic, ie that of a normal human with a deformity. ...
- Well, it is typical to accept a position of hyper-criticism, Plotinus, whyle encountering something awckwardly new and out of any sandards - and at the same time needing to keep one's face in front of one's colleagues watching your reactions...
- I do understand why many palaeoanthropologist readily began to speculate about "microcephalia" and "sick-sapiens" nature of the dwarf hominids from the Flores island.

But a person is able to think freely and do not pay MUCH attention to what others may think of his manners and abilities in science - this person will see what is on the surface - the facial features of the Flower Man are absolutely H.erectus like. NONE of the later sapienses of the same region has such face-skull.

And of course - I understand that it is very hard for a professional palaeolthologist to see that a hominid may fall under the same evolutionary pressure that other large mammals typically do in the islands - it is very hard to see that a homind indeed may get tatally dwarfed, like a dwarf island mammoth (with a brain-case 5 times lesser than in full-size continental form) nd not just "pygmydized". - LOL.

Do you remember the story of the first Australopithecus discovery? Do you remember how sternly the science establishement treated the poor guy who dared to say that this was the first bipedal ape on Earth, that it lived in Africa, and Africa, not Europe was in fact the evolution craddle of humanity? - The discoveror's carreer in scientific world was totally ruined and he died fogotten by the "high science authorities". - Just to miss the scene how the main critisist of his a couple of years after his death stated that the Australopitecus was indeed a reality and Africa, not other continents was indeed the craddle.

If the species really did exist I'm sure it wasn't still around in the Middle Ages, though - there'd be more recent remains than those that have been found
- You are right about the missing findings. I am right about the mass consciences of the South-East Asia people. The locals do have the mythologeme of "Orang-Pendek" or "Old Hungry Gand-Mommy". - Which is perfectly fitted into the concenpt of dwarf erectus retreating to the jungles after the sapiens occupied the region.

And I doubt that such a mythologem could survive from the Pleistocen time.

Cheers.

Although I must point out that the existence of "Homo floriensis" as a species is very controversial: only one skull is known, and it may be microcephalic, ie that of a normal human with a deformity. If the species really did exist I'm sure it wasn't still around in the Middle Ages, though - there'd be more recent remains than those that have been found...

okay, i gotta say something here....
first off i don't have a clue what your talking about.
evolution was never something i had much intrest in, or belief for that matter.

BUT.....i do like the idea of what Onza is saying here,
and i would like to point out that weather or not this alleged "Homo floriensis" did exist,
this is a game we're talking about here, and the more units the better!

a series of units based on this "Flower man" character would be quite interesting,
as well as a leader head. plus we'd have to get some giant rats too! :D

Top Bottom