Kruelgor's Roman Empire

I'll take a closer look at the region and do some touching up.

You'll want to implement Thermopylae, may I suggest one tile with hills next to a tile with mountains and coast all around it, which would be the only way to march into southern Greece.

I'd make the appenine mountains more significant, with hill areas dominating much more of italy then the currently do - notably, the site of Rome tiself should be hills, for obvious reasons ;)

I'm looking to release this tonight. It's experimental and future release versions will expand upon it. I'm going to make the Romans the only real civilization and all other civilizations will be "city state" empires. This will allow me to avoid the problems associated with leaderheads.

This scenario will represent a broard spectrum of centuries to represent most of Rome's historical allies and enemies. There will be 22 main civilizations and many minor nations as well. Minor civilizations will have a leaderhead image. Each major civilization will have its own 2D leaderhead image so DX9 will be the recommended play setting, or otherwise if you wish to play DX10/DX11 then you will have to edit GraphicsSettingsDX11.ini (should be located somewhere like ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5) with the following change UseScreenShots = 1

The Romans will be the only playable civilization, but here is a partial list of the civilizations and it's respective leader which you will encounter. There will be many more added to this list.

Again, this scenario covers a broad spectrum of centuries.

Carthaginians - Hannibal
Arverni - Vercingetorix
Huns - Attila
Macedonians - Philip V
Cimbri - Boiorix
Achaen League - Critolaus
Helvetii - Divico
Numidians - Jugurtha
Pontus - Pharnaces II
Cherusci - Arminius
Catuvellauni - Caratacus
Suebi - Ariovistus
Belgae - King Galba
Nervii - Boduognatus
Egyptians - Cleopatra
Armenians - King Tiridates
Parthians - Artabanus IV
Seleucids - Antiochus III
Iceni - Boudica
Dacians - Decebalus
Marcomanni - Ballomar
Thracians - Rhescuporis II
Quadi - Areogaesus
Alamanni - Chnodomarius
Visigoths - Alaric
Vandals - Geiseric
Ostrogoths - Totila
Franks - Butilinus

and more....

How many turns have u passed?
I'm asking, because i also tested huge maps with marathon speeds and the game became too slow..
This depends from it's size and the plenty of units and civilization.. Have u resolved this problem?

How many turns have u passed?
I'm asking, because i also tested huge maps with marathon speeds and the game became too slow..
This depends from it's size and the plenty of units and civilization.. Have u resolved this problem?

It looks like 1 turn will equal 3 months. (4 turns per year) 264 bc to 564ad (3312 turns)

Top Bottom