1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Land Registry Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Game of Democracy II' started by Jayne, Oct 12, 2002.

1. Jayne

Jayne Emperor

Please use this forum to discuss items in the Land Registry thread, such as any alterations required, any new information needed, or just to say how wonderful I am!! :rotfl:

2. Duke of Marlbrough

Duke of Marlbrough The Quiet Moderator Retired Moderator

I have added the Land Registry thread to the Game Information Thread (I also updated the Current Science and Wonder threads).

3. GaryNemo

GaryNemo Settler from None

Nice Cartographers and organization, My Queen.

Two clarifications. Looking at the Serutan map, we are now planning a city at G2NE, Pure Green adjacent to 3 Forest, per Rout's pattern interpretation.

And the North Whale City may be named Neuma, in honor of the lucid and diligent Leowind.

4. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

I just want to say that I will (hopefully) be updating that provincial map often to reflect new cities.

Also, should the registry itself be sticky?

5. Zwelgje

Zwelgje Deity

No stickies anymore needed: there will be a link to the thread in the game information thread.

6. MonkE

MonkE Primate Philosopher

I have a request. When adding labels, etc. to maps, please use a high contrast color (yellow or white?) so that it's easily readable. For example, red on top of green doesn't work for those of us with red-green deficiency. :(

7. Jayne

Jayne Emperor

Octavian, could you please update your province map (at your convenience) taking into account MonkE's excellent request.

(Either post it here, or edit your earlier post, and I'll update the registry).

8. Octavian X

9. GaryNemo

Spell check: Aonia, Boreum, Chryshe.
    I think the Boreum border is a bit off. It will include the new North Whale City (and Whale!), also G2NE where the Settler approaches. Chryshe is the River Province, which sort of defines its border, seems to me.

10. StevieP

StevieP Chieftain

Question: Do we have a map with the planned cities north of the Chryshe region (North of Delham where the Vikings currently located)?

If so can it be added to THIS thread so that Jayne can update the post in the Land Registry thread. Thanks in advance.

PS. I'm sure there is one, I just can't find it at the moment.

Edit:
    PPS. Queen Jayne, since we have founded some more towns, can we have the Land Registry thread updated with the new maps. Please :crazyeye:

11. Jayne

Jayne Emperor

There's a link to Chryshe Province maps. I couldn't get the picture to work!

12. StevieP

StevieP Chieftain

Doh! I was looking for a big picture and not a link. That's why I didn't see it. Thanks Queen J.

13. GaryNemo

As long as someone is updating:

I think the Boreum border is a bit off. Boreum will include the new North Whale City (and Whale!), also G2NE Neuma. Chryshe is the River Province, which sort of defines its border, seems to me.

14. Jayne

Jayne Emperor

How does this look?

15. Octavian X

My lines aren't as straight as they should be. I can't figure out how to make lines with Paint Shop Pro... help would be apreciated.

Also, the next map will have correct spelling. Sorry!

16. Jayne

Jayne Emperor

Do we need to think about a new province for all our new islands, and the peninsula?

17. MonkE

MonkE Primate Philosopher

Yes, that may be a good idea, but I hope there are more potential governors are out there.

18. Zwelgje

Zwelgje Deity

I wish to be a governor, once we've founded new cities on new islands/continents I'd like to be the governor of these provinces. I like to be on the outposts of our empire on deserted islands which we will transform in thriving trade cities... :D

19. Octavian X

I will construct a new map... The current one is a bit outdated...

20. GaryNemo

A proposed new map will be fine, but I'm not sure I'd want to change anything. Right now, we are stressed for Governors, although the current two are excellent. Prior governors have disappeared, and Civ1 is best on a Sunday when we move Saturday night. Also, there is interaction between the mainland and the islands, Chryshe with Uppsala for example. So, A B C are still working well, seems to me.