Land Security Choice

I still think that +1 to colonizers is sorta bugged, it just doesn't seem to really work for me. MOST the time my cities fall without a single citizen picking up a gun to even fight. Maybe I just don't understand this game mechanic, like all the other flawed ones.

In order to profit from "colonist garrison" with Right to Bear Arms you need to have colonists in garrison, not working inside the colony.

Only those colonists will defend with power of 3. Those still working in city do not have any defense, nor would jump to defense if no unit is in garrison (exempt if having guns in warhouse, when they would convert to soliders on attack).

Well thats a bit silly. If my colonists are not working inside the city, then I'd have them already outside armed with guns in the first place.

Anyway, I just noticed one disadvantage when using "bare colonists" as defenders.

They will always defend last. For example, if your city has heavily damaged solider or cannon they will still defend first, before colonist, although colonist could have better chances against the enemy.

Be careful here. What happens if ALL of your colonies are captured, but you still have soldiers in the field? Do you lose automatically there? I would think the game would require at least 1 colony to still be under your control....

You Don't even lose if the only asset you have is a native Mission, Which is very bugged, Although the king will win a European victory when time runs out

yeh, just it end turn 40 times to find out, had two native join found a colony and die.

Oh yeah, that's true. But even so, that doesn't really help you, since you aren't really manufacturing anything but guns, horses and cannons after the DoI. Well, I guess you could sell whatever you have in your warehouses, and with that money, you can do... what? Nothing, really :p
Yeah, I'm kind of bummed about how Col has turned out.

It's a trading game where money seems to be the object, but it doesn't really do anything. If you could buy mercenaries (more than just the cannon), or, I dunno, do something with the cash after independance, the game would feel a lot better to me.

Not mentioning the fact that cash turns into settlers which makes it harder to declare independence...

Top Bottom