1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Later Scenarios

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by GarretSidzaka, Jul 9, 2007.

1. TrailblazingScot

TrailblazingScot I was kittenOFchaos

Later Scenarios...well, I'd like WW2 in the Pacific starting with Pearl Harbour.

In Europe there is tonnes of scope:

Battle of France - actually an ideal start point as no over-difficult invasions for the AI to do from this point on as Germany.
    The Battle of Britain (Start)
    Operation Barbarossa (Start)
    Invasion of Italy (Start)
    Operation Overlord (Start)

2. MirvShag

MirvShag Chieftain

I have infinite ideas. But would it not be best to focus on the 3 scenarios we have and get them up to speed? Like the addon pack? Or am I dumb? lol

I'm only good for testing, not really modding so maybe I'll shutup =)

I, just as a player, would prefer few high quality scenarios over lots of lesser quality.

ok, shutting up now. ;)

3. dankok8

dankok8 Elected World Leader

I've played Europe 1939 up to mid-1940 by now and I found it a great scenario. Good Job!!!

However, there are a few minor things that can be fixed easily:
    1) Soviet Union should declare war on Poland when Germany does too (it was a secret part of the Non-Aggression Pact between the 2 countries and led to Soviets capturing eastern Poland). This would add more historical accuracy and prevent cities captured by Germany in eastern Poland from flipping to the Soviets as the Soviets would capture them.
    2) The cities of the Low Countries are much more heavily defended than the French cities .. a few troops should be cut down there and perhaps a few added to the French

Anyways, I still have more to play so catch ya later ;)

4. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Chieftain

i think dale might have covered the poland issue already, maybe in another thread.

i think the low countries benefit from alot of hilly terrain.

5. PinkPallin

PinkPallin Chieftain Supporter

The low countries? Do you mean the Netherland? Hilly?!?
    Man, Holland is flat. No, is flatter than flat.
    As far as I remember, they couldn't put up any military resistance, because of the flat terrain.

6. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Chieftain

:mischief:You got me there. :rotfl:

7. lamppost4

lamppost4 Holder of the Light

I think the best scenario would be a global scenario but thats in development so Im happy.

8. GarretSidzaka

GarretSidzaka Chieftain

yeah, dont worry, dale will always take care of us civ fiends :)

9. dankok8

dankok8 Elected World Leader

would it be possible to make the 3 cities in east Poland flip to Russia when Germany declares war on Poland to symbolize this annexation ?
    BTW a few cities captured by the Germans in Norway seem to have Swedish revolts .. not a big deal if they don't flip over the course of the game but I though I should point it out.

10. Dale

Dale Chieftain

Flips are turned off, only revolts will happen.

11. TrailblazingScot

Canals and towns make very good defensive positions, the Dutch just gave in as they weren't prepared to take heavily losses and the bombing of Rotterdam for the purpose of buying the Allies time. Abit selfish, but definitely in the best interests of the Dutch people.

12. Paasky

Paasky Good News Everyone!

Same as the Danish. They did hold the Germans back for a few hours, but when a big cloud of He-111's appeared above Copenhagen they surrendered, no reason to have your people bombed with the odds completely against you.

13. TrailblazingScot

Tell that to the British in 1940...well, leastways to the Government at the time, I'm sure many Britons would have said differently.

14. PinkPallin

Surely the english spirit under the bombs was unrivalled.
    But when you're also facing the enemy's tanks, and your people (counting men and women, elders and children) are fewer than the enemy soldiers... well, that's really a different situation.

15. Paasky

Paasky Good News Everyone!

I could pull in the Winter War argument, but that was a different matter, with all the easily defended forests, lakes & marshes without any proper roads in the coldest winter in decades. While Denmark is flatter than a table that has just been measured to have no bumps larger than 0.0001mm.

"The russkies have a million men, and if they fall they'll bring a million women"

16. PinkPallin

Not mentioning that the tanks could go through the whole continental Denmark in just one day!

Their only chance would have been if they were attacked only by the Italian Regio Esercito.... :lol:

17. Tboy

Tboy Future world ruler

Ah the Russian philosophy: 'If you're losing the war, you're not throwing enough soldiers at it.'

BTW, Russia still hasn't given back the areas it got in the Winter War, has it?

Back on topic though, I think a global one should get top priority, with possibly a few advanced starts (I think 1940 and 1941 for Europe, and 1941 for the Pacific).