Latvia (modular)

Can you give him unique diplomatic talk?
Give the code with text that I can change and I'll try writing some Čakstes sayings. :)

Latvian soldiers were using Russian weapons which were already obsolete. Latvians had rifles who could shoot only one shot and it had to be reloaded, while Germans already had more advanced guns (Infantryman). The Infantrymen seem to be too advanced for Latvian Riflemen knowing that Russia wasn't technologically advanced.

What do you think?

Personally, I would prefer a UU that isn't notable for being less competent than it's contemporaries... The Semgall were fierce warriors known for their fierce raids on Teutonic outposts - as a player, I would rather have a unit that an upgrade, rather than a downgrade.

Personally, I would prefer a UU that isn't notable for being less competent than it's contemporaries... The Semgall were fierce warriors known for their fierce raids on Teutonic outposts - as a player, I would rather have a unit that an upgrade, rather than a downgrade.

Well it was because if Russia, but what if in civ4 Latvians would be most advanced and other would still have musketmen, then the Latvian Riflemen wouldn't be less competent. With that I mean that they could be Latvian UU that replaces Rifleman instead of Infantryman. Still both of them would be good for UU.

Btw where did you find the info about Semgall? Couldn't find pictures or anything on the internet. :confused:

I can't get this mod to work properly. The infamous "red ball" anomaly shows up for all units except workers and work boats. I checked the game config file for ModularLoading=1, cleared my BTS cache and added the v3.17 patch, but no improvement.

Anyone have details of how the mod directory should be structured? (I have nothing to compare with, since it's the first user-made mod I've tried in BTS).

I can't get this mod to work properly. The infamous "red ball" anomaly shows up for all units except workers and work boats. I checked the game config file for ModularLoading=1, cleared my BTS cache and added the v3.17 patch, but no improvement.

Anyone have details of how the mod directory should be structured? (I have nothing to compare with, since it's the first user-made mod I've tried in BTS).

Have a look at my Vampire Civ, i believe its post # 8 or 10, tells you how to construct a modular civ.

I've followed your advice, and it works fine now! :)

Just combined your Vampire, Animal, Amazon and Pirate empires into one ultra-cool fantasy mod. Will add the Lizards too, if I can. Now I'm going to download some more modules... Mr. Strategyonly, you are truly a 1-man game factory.

No UU for this yet? I suppose we could simply promote one of the flavor units to UU status.

The problem is that I can't find any colorful pictures. :(
Their clothes color could be black too or dark brown.
Here's picture (uncolored, but it should give detailed look of how they look from side)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8d/Brīvības_piemineklis-Latvju_strēlnieki.png

Latvian soldiers were using Russian weapons which were already obsolete. Latvians had rifles who could shoot only one shot and it had to be reloaded, while Germans already had more advanced guns (Infantryman). The Infantrymen seem to be too advanced for Latvian Riflemen knowing that Russia wasn't technologically advanced.

What do you think?

Kristap var jau ņemt moderno armijas Strēlnieku formas, kuri stāv goda sardzē :) un arii jaunos Tuksneša formas, un vecās formas.. utt..

Orģinālā forma strēlnieku ir tā kuru lieto GODA sardzē .. so problēma atrisināta.. :)

ENG : I feel gratefull to strategyonl, for making my request come true :)... and i was repling that u can see Uniforms, in the basic colors from the soldiers who standing in front of the Statue of lIberty of Latvia :)

so ill show ou some pics ;)

The Castle of RIga in the background and Latvian soldiers

Rotation of Guards, at the Statue of Liberty

Statue of Liberty

Statue of Liberty

And ou could add the BEST president in Latvian History Karlis Ulmanis :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karlis_Ulmanis

dExIT, pamēģināsu paprasīt unit request thread, varbūt kāds uztaisīs Latviešu strēlniekus un LH request thread Kārli Ulmani. :)

Top Bottom