Launch of C2C

Marshall Ney

Chieftain
I'll try not to make this to long; I had a problem with using steam files for this mod, so I decided to order a disc on Amazon and see if game would work better away from Steam. In between I had a a complete manual crash of my computer, erasing everthing,going back to out--of-box mode with help of MSN support, because I couldn't even access my own email account; thought that might fix Steam problem, but NO!!

So, anyway, I get disc today and load files and then load C2C 3 times because I'm getting same result; when I launch BTS and then C2C and get to game page, it's not the C2C screen, eventhough there's a little notation in upper right corner that says C2C, but none of the C2C options are there; I don't get C2C setup screen as before. I have changed int. file for logging and noticed in that in area listing mods, C2C was not listed, so I typed it in.

I have downloaded 3.19update for BTS, but can't really find anywhere to confirm that 100%; where can I check that out???

Well, I had a phone call, and just to make sure I did the int file right, I dbl-cked and low behold it is back to original; I have saved and saved as, but after launching seems to go back to original. All the settings are now original and C2C doesn't show up mod listings. I am not being able to change these files. I have vista but there's no option to use administrator upon opening int file!! I don't know what's up. My file location is C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods and what I downloaded from site, C2C folder is in this mods file.

Any help will be much appreciated; I started trying to get this to work about 8 hrs. ago

MN

I have downloaded 3.19update for BTS, but can't really find anywhere to confirm that 100%; where can I check that out???

Did you download the patch and apply it outside the game? If not then it did not work:(. The patch can be found here.

Can you run any of the other mods that come with BtS?

Check your .../Beyond the Sword/Mods/Caveman2Cosmos folder. Does it contain a folder called Caveman2Cosmos? If so it is installed wrong move this second folder up to the Mods folder.

I can launch & play other mods, yes.

However, let me try to be clear. I am not very PC literate; I only do this type of things 2-3 times a year and I'm not good at nomenclature. By folder, you mean yellow icon looking like a "folder" Right?? Well, the file(folder) in BTS mod file says C2C, but there is no sub-folder within labled C2C; and if this what you mean, then I think that's the problem. Also, in the document file, where one is suppose to change int. file, there is another file that has exact same information in as int.file, but this one is labled settings under type. Is this normal??

I have downloaded the C2C file 3 times today(Sat) and the fast Download time was 1hr,5m; other two up to hour & half+. Is there a faster place???

Thanks, for your help from a dummy who always has trouble with mods,

MN

You downloaded the Caveman2Cosmos.7z file?
Did you use the program 7-zip to extract the files?
If not there's your problem. Other archive programs can not use all the options that are used to compress the C2C files with. The download probably went right, the extraction did not.
You'll find the download links (one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit systems) at http://www.7-zip.org/

If this was not your problem then I can't help any more.

Cheers

The unzipping was the problem; I didn't realize that there was 32bit & 64bit part, which is course what my system is. SOOO, I'm up and running, game is running much smoother(only takes about 2 min. to load vs. 4-5 before) and I am happy.

thanks to all who helped and if I could buy you a pint, I would,

MN

Top Bottom