Launch Trailer

That's what I called it...

ROFL, I looked up Landship (because I confused it with the Steampunk variety, which did come up in google anyway) And after a re-search (to see what the unit tank is actually called, it is a landship) I looked at the wikipedia page and it said this

"A landship is a large vehicle that travels on land, as opposed to on water, air, or in space"

I immediately went :

Keith David has really become the next Morgan Freeman in terms of narration.

"Ever since I was a little boy, people have enjoyed the sound of my voice. And I figured you either get busy talkin or you get busy dyin'. The work is really quite easy. Why even right now I'm just sitting in a chair, sipping some tea and reading from a script. The wall is covered in something that resembles egg crates except they're soft and spongy, like a twinkie...like a twinkie."

It's called a tank. Don't be daft. Landship sounds stupid.

And WHY is a tank called a 'tank'?

Look it up and discover that either 'landship' or 'armored fighting vehicle' would be more appropriate labels.

Though I will probably continue to call a tank ... a 'tank'.

Look it up and discover that either 'landship' or 'armored fighting vehicle' would be more appropriate labels.

Why are white people caucasians?

In the game, the unit depicted in the video is called a 'Landship'. Therefore, since this is a forum for Civ 5, it's only appropriate that I refer to it as a landship.

The landship was a WWI-era prototype to the tank, designed to fix the problems of trench warfare by being able to just roll through machine gun fire. It never saw widespread use for a number of reasons (such as the interior overheating and killing the operators).

That is the intro to the game.

I don't think this is the full cinematic, so rest assured rather than worried. :p

I wish they would just release the main menu theme already though...there are only 10 days left, so you would think they would at least do that even if they won't release video footage of the Shoshone and Venice. =|

Video was okay would of been nice if it was the full video, I am sure this video is not the full length of it. :sniper:

I am sure this is the full video.

It's far too short. Specifically, this is a "launch trailer" not the intro cinematic for BNW per se.

99% of it is going to be in the intro cinematic, and could have Morgan Sheppard as narrator as well.

Besides, I don't think i"m the only one who watches the cinematic the first time and just skips every time then

The name came from British factories who were making the hulls of the first landships in WW1: to thwart potential spies, the men and women building them were told they were building mobile water tanks for the British Army. The name "tank" then stuck.

The Gods & Kings Launch Trailer featured Attila's War Theme, if I remember correctly, and the base game's launch trailer featured England's. This would lead me to believe that the music played in this trailer is that of one of the new leaders, possibly Enrico Dandolo?

Top Bottom