1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Leader Elimination Thread

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by Dellan, Oct 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. War_Pig

War_Pig Warlord

Daoming Sochua (Pan-Asian Cooperative) - 21
    Hutama (Polystralia) - 17

Well now we got a game. Sadly there's no way I can let this fool win. Only reason he getting any love is from his broke trading routes.

2. melcron

melcron Chieftain

Daoming Sochua (Pan-Asian Cooperative) - 22
    Hutama (Polystralia) - 14

I hate waiting for improvements to be built and the faster workers help greatly for mass building terrascapes. As for Hutama: trade routes are bound to be nerfed.

3. Dellan

Dellan Warlord

Hutama (Polystralia) - 16 (+2)

He will survive! :scan:

4. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

Daoming Sochua (Pan-Asian Cooperative) - 23 (+1)
    Hutama (Polystralia) - 13 (-3)

:c5production: must flow, not :c5gold:!

5. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

I love how this is now "Sponsor Abilities" elimination thread instead of "Sponsor Leader" elimination thread. I mean, this is why those elimination threads where you have to have reasons are so much better.

Daoming Sochua (Pan-Asian Cooperative) - 20
    Hutama (Polystralia) - 14

Anyway, bring on the Daoming downvote parade :p

Daoming as said previously - her affinity variations are bland an uninviting, and she often waves you off mutely without any dialogue. All in all she lacks a fundamental flavour that Hutama does not.

6. Yama951

Yama951 Chieftain

Daoming Sochua (Pan-Asian Cooperative) - 17
    Hutama (Polystralia) - 15

Better to live in a place where you can be what you want to be than a place where you're forced to do what you don't like.

7. bhavv

bhavv Glorious World Dictator

Daoming Sochua (Pan-Asian Cooperative) - 18
    Hutama (Polystralia) - 12

+1 to my fave, -3 to the competition.

8. poom3619

poom3619 Ping Pang Poom!

Daoming Sochua (Pan-Asian Cooperative) - 19
    Hutama (Polystralia) - 12

Daoming is my 3rd Fav after Elodie and Kavitha. I personally like her diplomatic gesture and her "chinese", and the fact that his father is not blatantly Chinese and not Thai. (Personal preference, please don't ask further)

But after all, let's say I prefer to eliminate Hutama instead of give Daoming double-buff. I think I could give reasons to don't like Hutama as a character daily, Today's would be that I don't like most of his quote that I see as his PR team's many failed attempt to make his word sound witty.

9. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

Don't worry, I haven't even started. ;)

10. Bezurn

Bezurn Prince

+1 Daoming: Worker powa! - oh and faster wonder's are nice. When internal trade routes are adjusted to a better balance this ability will shine even more.

-3 Hutama: Extra trade routes are great early game, but they loose potency the longer into the game you get.

Hutama (Polystralia) - 9

11. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

R.I.P thread. Your intentions were clear, but your posters failed to notice.

12. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

This is what an elimination thread should be, guys, not analytical analysis of everyone's traits and abilities :p

13. bhavv

I've already given my opinions on the traits, repeating them every single post is tedious, if you don't like it then why are you even bothering to post? Daoming has my favorite UA as I have already repeated time and time again.

The person that posted after me didn't apply the -3 to hutama, I'll update the scores.

The OP didn't even give any reasons in his last vote.

14. bhavv

Hutama (Polystralia) - 6

These are the current scores as the poster after me didn't subtract his -3.

15. bhavv

Ok lets play by the rules. No reason given so invalid vote.

Hutama (Polystralia) - 4

This thread is supposed to have reasons, but obviously people get fed up of writing entire paragraphs everytime they vote so they either summarise to one liners or don't bother.

16. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Moderator Action: Reasons (however briefly stated) are required for all elimination thread votes. Votes without reasons are regarded as spam and may be infracted. And please remember that this is a game thread -- a popularity contest -- not a method of determining the intrinsic merit of particular factions.

17. aguliondew

aguliondew Prince

Daoming Sochua (Pan-Asian Cooperative) - 21
    Hutama (Polystralia) - 1

Do not want Hutama to win.

Yea I noticed that the thread was suppose to be about leaders not the Civ itself, awhile ago. It is hard to notice some civ tendencies when you have only played a dozen or so time winning without issues most of the time. Wonder how many errors were corrected during this thread.

18. FaceUnderMask

FaceUnderMask Warlord

Hutama (Polystralia) - -2

I hate both of them, but Polystralia a little more, because while Sochua with different affinity (which often tends to be supremacy) typically hate me, but somewhat reluctant to declare war, Hutama almost always forwardexpands in my direction and starts knocking my backdoor.
    Also, Sochua's looks do give this honorable warrior feel, while Hutama looks like someone who will do any dirty stuff for profit on daily basis.

And if you consider sponsor abilities - I like PAC's fast workers more, too.

19. m15a

m15a Emperor

Wow. That wasn't even close. Probably coincidental, but it's kind of interesting that the top 3 are all from the same region of Earth (that was). And the top 2 contain parts of Southeast Asia.

20. FaceUnderMask

FaceUnderMask Warlord

I suggest someone made a wonder elimination thread next time. Say, +2 points for a wonder you like based on it's yields, -5 points for a wonder you dislike overall, and additional +1 optional point for whatever silly reason you can think of - you like the sound of it's name, it's quote, how it look on a blueprint, it's lore, or probably you've seen an amazing fan art the other day - whatever is fine as long as you can explain where it comes from. Total points at the beginning is around 50 each. Probably EctoPod should be excluded from the list since it already got the whole thread discussing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.