Leader/Nation Discussion

personally i hope we see someone else pick william. because then we can deviously ask what the otehr leaders are (so we don't choose that oen again.)

this automatically gives us an advantage as we can then pick the leader that is best suited to conteract the synergies of the other chosen leaders :) each goliath has it's david :D

as far as strategies go we are just discussing, and the above strategy is pretty open for debate....except the point on workers. rookie players don't build enough workers.

think 1 per city is enough? 2? 3?

3.5 is the operable number, where you need a higher influx in the middle ages and then again for railroad (try to have it around 4-5 at the railroad discovery)

Yah, no one ever builds enough workers. Don;t know what to build in a city? Have enough military? Build workers.

2/city in the early game (pre CS) is fine though, if they are handled appropriately.

Only when Spiritual, really, because I want to be slaving a fair bit to get out the necassary buildings in cities that are working cottages adn food and not hills.

slavery is nerfed due to random events as well as no more :whipped: bonus (with forge)

Sorry, I was talking early-mid game; however, Caste system I find can often be more useful for generating scientists. I like serfdom, but unless we are spiritual, it is hard to utilise the benefit due to lost production from anarchy (however, golden ages do help...)

but of course, always what is best at the time.

3.5 is the operable number
3.5 workers per city?! What do you do with them all?! This is an area I've had to work on in my own games; I really have to force myself to pump out the settlers and keep expanding at a rapid pace instead of constructing various buildings and wonders.

This is why some "light" pregame discussion is good. I'm learning things all the time.

the difference between a very high level player and mid level player is worker management. meaning how often do you replace an improvement with a better improvement? (workshops over farms is typically the most common once your city grows.)

so ==> farms first, grow the city, then reterraform with workshops. Voila production city in under 30 turns. this city needs approx 8 works to do thsi effectively.

and does this happen as soon as workshops are available or only after guilds and/or chemistry?

If you are running caste system:

Before Guilds: 1 grassland + workshop = plains forest
After guilds (1 grassland + workshop = mined grass hill).

After guilds is more productive, obviously; after chemistry it's very nice indeed...

also with State property... :D

while cooperations are good many players have alot and i mean ALOT of trouble managing them properly. (this is the weakest point in my game)

So what do i do? enable state property and forget about them :D

SP+CS, chemistry, 10 grassland workshops = 40hpt+10% production, awesomely easy production city, throw in a forge and build wealth/research for 54 gpt/bpt :D

Top Bottom