[LP] Leader Pass: Great Negotiators Technical Issues

This is the same scenario and problem that I'm having as well. I'll give it another hour, then try reinstalling everything.
Another small patch was delivered through the Epic Games launcher, but there was no change for my situation. I then did a complete uninstall and reinstall from Epic. Still no change--the game is stuck at vanilla with no recognition of the newer expansions though the new leaders are available.

Thanks to the new Leader Pass, got a lot of problems with my game (claimed the free-base version on Epic, later purchased rise and fall, gathering storm and new frontiers pass on Epic too)
Downloaded the update yesterday, but all the DLC's are gone when i'm at the game. It seems that when launching from Epic or 2K it launches only the base game and nothing else.
According to Epic launcher, i have the 1.0.12.564030u_nebraska_pack1_RTM_KingletStaging version.

I tried the following:
a. Restarted the game several times - nothing
b. Uninstall and installed the game several times (from Epic) - nothing
c. Verify game files from Epic - nothing
d. Bypassed the 2K launcher with the .exe file from the Epic folder - nothing
e. Moved the CIV 6 folder to my desktop to "force" the game to create a new folder in order to recognise the DLC's - nothing

There's some screenshots if anyone could help me.
a. Epic screenshot, got all the DLC's and NFP
b. 2K launcher recognises that i have all the DLC's (4 of 4 owned)
c. Main screen of CIV 6, like i have the base game only
d. Additional content -> Mods screen, showing nothing than base features (but shows great negotiators and Julius Caesar pack..., for some reason)

Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated!
Same here on Epic, I lost everything but the base game. I have the same version 1.0.12.564030v_nebraska_pack1_RTM_KingletStaging

So my gf wasted 20€ on this yesterday as a gift to me (we use the same steam account), but now I'm reading I was supposed to get it for free since I own all DLC's? I didn't even know a new exp was on the way until yesterday in fact. She knows I've played this game for hundreds of hours so I guess she didn't think it a lot.

I requested a refund (that I got, fortunately), but now I don't have the pass, and the Anthology trick I guess can't be done no more since they added the pass to it seems. What a chaotic release.

So anyone have any advices?

I requested a refund (that I got, fortunately), but now I don't have the pass, and the Anthology trick I guess can't be done no more since they added the pass to it seems. What a chaotic release.
Anthology is supposed to have the Pass. With the trick you're supposed to add both Anthology and some other game to you Steam cart. If you attempt to purchase, Anthology will be added to your library, including the LP if that's the only thing you're missing.

Attempting to add Anthology to your cart and buying it with nothing else will result in an error. There's also an "Add to Account" button depending on which page you are. That also won't work. It must be added to the cart.

Most people bough a 90 cent chess game called "Chess Brain" or something.

The Chess developer is getting a bounty this xmas thanks to Firaxis 😆

On the UK Steam the cheapest is roughly £0.20 https://store.steampowered.com/app/1485580/Chess_Valley/

Chess valley.

But I am not spending a penny on Steam just to get these new leader pack.

I'm not a streamer who has to have the DLC straight away. I'm quite happy playing my Caesar game until Firaxis and Steam get me my DLC.

Be patient

After I used the workaround I had to re-start (and I also verified the files just in case) to make it work.

Game still won't launch but the 3 of 4 DLC owned message is now back, even after uninstalling then reinstalling :rolleyes: I'll try next week cause I doubt 2k/Steam/Firaxis even have as skeleton crew on the clock right now.
The Chess developer is getting a bounty this xmas thanks to Firaxis 😆

On the UK Steam the cheapest is roughly £0.20 https://store.steampowered.com/app/1485580/Chess_Valley/

Chess valley.

But I am not spending a penny on Steam just to get these new leader pack.

I'm not a streamer who has to have the DLC straight away. I'm quite happy playing my Caesar game until Firaxis and Steam get me my DLC.

Be patient
Not if people are refunding it in order to get the workaround.

Another small patch was delivered through the Epic Games launcher, but there was no change for my situation. I then did a complete uninstall and reinstall from Epic. Still no change--the game is stuck at vanilla with no recognition of the newer expansions though the new leaders are available.
A new patch was just released through the Epic launcher and my installation is now working! Yay! The timing coincided with my opening of a support request on support.2k.com, but the timing was probably coincidental. Everything looks back to normal at this time.

For anyone using Steam who still doesn't have the bundle, check the Civilization VI store page and look for the Anthology bundle. I tried to "Add to Account" button just now and it finally worked without throwing an error. It might work for you, too!

For anyone using Steam who still doesn't have the bundle, check the Civilization VI store page and look for the Anthology bundle. I tried to "Add to Account" button just now and it finally worked without throwing an error. It might work for you, too!
FINALLY

Anthology is supposed to have the Pass. With the trick you're supposed to add both Anthology and some other game to you Steam cart. If you attempt to purchase, Anthology will be added to your library, including the LP if that's the only thing you're missing.

Attempting to add Anthology to your cart and buying it with nothing else will result in an error. There's also an "Add to Account" button depending on which page you are. That also won't work. It must be added to the cart.

Ok so I did the chess workaround and somehow it worked. I thought that because I bought the DLC's separately and not Anthology I was screwed. I had lost hope.

Thanks!

This worked for me as well. Just logged in to leave a similar comment. Good luck to everyone!

edit - The one thing I didn't have is a huge download to accompany it. I have all 4 new leaders (Caesar and the Leader Pass) but I only had a 200mb download yesterday. I did start a new game using Saladin and everything went fine. I'm not sure what other users have run into with 5gb downloads, but I didn't experience that.

Last edited:
This worked for me as well. Just logged in to leave a similar comment. Good luck to everyone!

edit - The one thing I didn't have is a huge download to accompany it. I have all 4 new leaders (Caesar and the Leader Pass) but I only had a 200mb download yesterday. I did start a new game using Saladin and everything went fine. I'm not sure what other users have run into with 5gb downloads, but I didn't experience that.
That was just some crazy bug yesterday. They released a 2.something GB update that basically reverted the game back to a 1.0 release and deleted a bunch of DLC, then they released a 5 GB update to fix the previous update. If you missed the first one, then you wouldn't need the second one, I guess.

Anyway, the files for the Great Negotiators pack were already in my install directory before the DLC entitlement was added to my account, so there's no need for another download.

I have really slow internet. I am going to be pretty owly if I have to download a 5 gig file. (Yes, I live life in the slow lane.)

Top Bottom