[LP] Leader Pass Mod Recommendations

Amid the development and rollout of the Leader Pass, we already have the Modder Pass, Julius Caesar's wildcard restored, and the Portugal Pass! Of course, there are many additional reworks of various leaders and civilizations not to mention all the other elements of Civilization modders are working on. Which mods are you playing with and would recommend based on leaders, civilizations, and gameplay?

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to the creativity, collaboration, and hard work of the modding community as we enjoy more of the new DLC.

Most users here seem reluctant to ever use gameplay-changing mods, or even UI mods, really. So, I'll suggest a few visual-only mods that I made, which I love using and don't affect performance!

• Prettier Lakes: Enhances the texture of fresh water (lakes, oases, and certain natural wonders).
    prettierlakes.jpg
  • Better Honey Graphics: Honey was added as a resource in NFP, but the model for it is pretty sparse. All that ever spawns is a couple hives, leaving a boring and empty tile. This mod fills that out the graphics to be better looking, and also changes the icon from the weird honeycomb to a honey jar.
    2164127636_preview_honey.jpg
  • Tsunami Waves Lite (or the original Tsunami Waves if you're hardcore!): This makes the waves that crash against the shoreline bigger.
    Okay, I toned down the waves. - Imgur.gif
  • Reduced Mountain Clumping: This one is gameplay altering I guess, but I wanted to post it because mountain generation is definitely out of control in Gathering Storm. In Gathering Storm, the game now has mountains generate across continent lines, but the regular mountain generation was not changed, meaning Gathering Storm has a ton more mountains than base game or Rise & Fall. I find this annoying, so I made a made that tones it down to roughly vanilla levels.
    2269045600_preview_mountains.jpg

Last edited:
If you are asking in general, I mostly just use a handful of UI MODS like better report screen and quick deals.

I'm not running any specific to the leader pass, maybe I'll do that Julius Caesar one, he seems a bit underpowered.

I did add a few more general mods to my usual load out.

What I'm running in my current game is:

AI sensible science: before I had just changed this line manually, but I reverted back when the patch dropped, which wasn't a patch really. So I did the lazy way and did this instead of modifying the line again.

Better Espionage screen. I honestly don't know what this one does. I don't notice much difference.

Better report screen: Just the unit tab alone is worth it.

colorized historical moments: I see no reason why these should be black and white

detailed map tacks: For those of us lazy at math and/or memory

enhanced mod manager: I'm undecided on this one, the old version wasn't that bad. Maybe I'll get used to it

extended diplomacy ribbon: My first game using this, I'm undecided on this one too. I guess I have to get used to it. I'm still not sure what the exclamation points are for- I guess I should have read up more on it

Extended Policy Cards: Must have. I think of how many games in vanilla civ6 I used mercantile legacy when often it doesn't do much for me, although my current game it actually is substantial.

Hillier hills: pretty easy to figure out what this one does

Soviet Union: both Stalin and Lenin.

Quick Deals: Must have for me

Raubak's natural gas and nuke new animation

Real Great People: I'm undecided on this one. The old one wasn't great, but I'm not a big fan on this one either

Steel and Thunder unique units and enable all unit expansion. Adds more units to the game.

and finally Sukitract's oceans. Makes oceans more interesting imho

If you are asking in general, I mostly just use a handful of UI MODS like better report screen and quick deals.
I'm not running any specific to the leader pass, maybe I'll do that Julius Caesar one, he seems a bit underpowered.

I did add a few more general mods to my usual load out.
I am always up for reading others' mod lists, as I have cultivated plenty of idiosyncratic ones of my own, but in this case I am more interested in parsing the new workshop content that has been released alongside the Leader Pass.

Most users here seem reluctant to ever use gameplay-changing mods, or even UI mods, really. So, I'll suggest a few visual-only mods that I made, which I love using and don't affect performance!
Thanks for the recommendations. I found a moment to start a new game (with Abe and 3/4 plantation luxes, go figure), and you are not kidding about those tsunami waves! They did seem perfectly atmospheric for playing a coastal civilization like Phoenicia or Japan. I have always kept graphics at a low level for performance, but the mods did make me want to settle near lakes and on the coast as they look much better.

I rolled a few maps for Reduced Mountain Clumping. While Civ VI map generation will likely always bother me, I did find a large portion of the map opened up. Thanks again for the mods!

Top Bottom