Leaderhead creation

Today's Viking Scenario DLC includes "special art assets" for King Canute of the Danes, and Olof Skotkonung of Sweden. They won't automatically be able to be played in a normal campaign, but maybe they can be poked into compliance?

The leaders are essentially meant to look like wooden figures. Their style somewhat resembles that of the leaders in Civ VI.

Work in progress: Ned Stark is coming.

Spoiler :

ned13.png

Still not 100% happy with the hair.

Last edited:
Made a Stalin Leaderhead, because I felt like dabbling into this a bit. :goodjob: (No 3D sorry...)

Spoiler Leaderhead :

I gathered all the leaderscreens from the viking scenario in an album.

interestingly the non-playable AI civs - Francia, Al-Andalus and Byzantium did have unique stuff. Byzantium and Francia could build Monasteries, Francia had a Caballarri unique unit, Al-Andalus got Farfanes and the Alcazar.

Any chance you could post a screenshot of the Farfane and Caballarri? I'm working on getting the seeds planted for some Civ-specific unit art and I'd like to see what, if any, new material I could use.

Robert Brooke, governor of Saint Helena. Wouldn't really make sense for a civ leader, but I suppose he could be an alternative leader for England with Jamestown as capital.
Spoiler :

Last edited:
How does this look?

He looks really familiar, but I don't know who he is. Was he one of the people who took over the slave ship Amistad?

You mean this guy? No, it's not actually, though I was thinking previously that he could lead a Mende civilization (Sierra-Leone would finally gain some representation).

In fact that leader-scene is adapted from this picture of a Khama III (king of the Bamangwato and the most powerful ruler in Botswana in the 19th century):

I don't think this picture is a particularly faithful depiction, but I didn't want to portray him in a suit because I felt that would look boring.

I've actually just noticed that I forgot to give him the bracelet he is wearing in the original picture. Should change that at some point.

So that's how it looks in game, quite unexcepted.

Made out of link. Face was based out of the coin I cannot find now. I have also tried to recreate official leader look this time (more precisely Cleo). That's why it turned out more colourful probably. Right now:
Spoiler :

Though I dunno where to upload high dimension images anyway. :|

Last edited:
So that's how it looks in game, quite unexcepted.

Made out of link. Face was based out of the coin I cannot find now. I have also tried to recreate official leader look this time (more precisely Cleo). That's why it turned out more colourful probably. Right now:
Spoiler :

Though I dunno where to upload high dimension images anyway. :|

The way joao and albuquerque appear in game is simply a way to me to be able to show them, meaning that i glued them to the background, also had to change to the middle to not get cleopatra above, since its only a background image, that way you image seems worse than the original, sorry for that.

I already have the solution to upload the right assets, where the images are separated and as original as possible, but still to have time to implement it.

I dont get the upload thing, maybe i can help there.

Thanks!

So Joao is currently in the same layer as the background?

yes, in few words that´s it. Just like Albuquerque, it´s about the solution to make it work now, only with new solution I can have different layers, i.e., leaders on front.

PS: New solution implies to build with modbuddy :cringe:

Most popular image hosting sites are converting images of higher resolution or even resizing them.
New Stuff

Last edited:
Top Bottom