LEADERS you want...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avedeus

Chieftain
I want some new leaders instead of the same old, same old. Here are the following ones I'd like to see added:-

English - Henry VIII
Chinese - Meiji emperor
Indian - Rajaraja Chola
Tibet - Dalai Lama (free Tibet China!!!!)
American - George Bush
German - he who must not be named ofcourse

I, the undersigned, solemnly plead with great honesty, passion and want to request the inclusion of the above in the upcoming Civilization V game.

This thread obviously only applies to future expansion packs, but here's a short wishlist!

America - Andrew Jackson ("What? You're building a National Bank? Prepare yourself for a -5 relationship penalty!" :p)

America - Woodrow Wilson ("Let's form a defensive pact! ...Whoops! Congress just said that we can't. Sorry! :rolleyes:)

Aztec - Itzcoatl ("Who's ready for a Triple Alliance? :D)

Egypt - Menes ("How about a union? My nation will be the upper half, your nation will be the lower half, and I'll rule everyone! ...Did I just say that out loud? :mischief:)

After the already mentioned proof of stupidity in the first post (not to mention the other 3 stupid suggestions), i hope this thread will get closed as fast as the "we want civ X" threads.

Moderator Action: Flaming - warned
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Teddy Roosevelt (America). While it is hard to argue against George Washington when it comes to national significance & identity - Teddy had a tremendous influence on the US role on the international stage. His domestic influence was also formidable.

Way to announce your arrival on civfanatics, with a dime a dozen thread...:ar15: :deadhorse:

Henry VIII Should NOT be in the game, Elisabeth is the best symbol of England and so she is the best leaderhead for England.

by the same token, St. Louis Should be the Leaderhead for France, Napoleon is only representive of one short period of history and not of the french civilisation as all whereas Louis IX was as close to the living embodiment of French Civilisation as will ever be seen.
America should have Washington as he is a representative of the nation and at the heart of American nationalism. Bush is only notable for being contemporary in a hundred years he will only be remembered when listing presidents.

America - JFK
Roman - Marcus Aurelius
+ some Danish Kings, such as Christian the fourth. (I am from Denmark myself :))

USA - Ronald Reagan, Thomas Jefferson
Germany - Hitler
Byzantine - Constantine (not interested in debating this, AGAIN), Alexios Komnenos
Roman - Hadrian
HRE - Barbarossa
Russia - Ivan the Terrible
Ottoman - Ataturk
Egypt - Ptolemy I Soter
Spain - someone else please!!!

Ireland: Cleopatra
Afghanistan: Ronald McDonald
Poland: Shaka
Israel: Leif Erikkson
Spain: Al-Walid I
Bulgaria: John Howard
Italy: Pierre Trudeau
Brazil: Liu Bang
Indonesia: Nelson Mandela
Scotland: Emperor Franz-Joseph

... are we done here yet?

I want some new leaders instead of the same old, same old. Here are the following ones I'd like to see added:-

English - Henry VIII
Chinese - Meiji emperor
Indian - Rajaraja Chola
Tibet - Dalai Lama (free Tibet China!!!!)
American - George Bush
German - he who must not be named ofcourse

I, the undersigned, solemnly plead with great honesty, passion and want to request the inclusion of the above in the upcoming Civilization V game.

Well, I'm definitely not an Obama fan and think Bush was far better then him, but I wouldn't make Bush the US Leader. If you're going to use somebody other than Washington or Lincoln, use Regan. Germany you mean Hitler yes? Well, you'd have to name him if you were to add him. I think its no worse than Stalin or Mao, but that doesn't mean I agree with his conclusion. I'm neutral on it.

Way to announce your arrival on civfanatics, with a dime a dozen thread...:ar15: :deadhorse:

I don't mean to call you out, but I suggest you edit this post before a moderator sees it. It seems as though it may be trolling, and if I were the starter of this thread, I'd definitely be insulted.

I don't mean to call you out, but I suggest you edit this post before a moderator sees it. It seems as though it may be trolling, and if I were the starter of this thread, I'd definitely be insulted.
Oh noes!

In all earnest, threads like these pop up ten times a day, and calling people on not using the search function is not that bad. It is common practise on every forum to look around to see if a similar thread exist, especially if you are new. This board is no exception. I stand by my post and will make no change. Let a mod see it and let us see what will come of it.

Henry VIII Should NOT be in the game, Elisabeth is the best symbol of England and so she is the best leaderhead for England.
Best in what regard? Is it "best" as in most fun to play? When you say Henry the VIII, people know you mean Henry the VIII of England - that would seem to put him in the "just as good" category, at least for me.

Please no Reagan for America. Too recent and too easy to argue that he was not-all-that as a president. Eisenhower is a better pick for recent-era Republicans.

Teddy Roosevelt (America). While it is hard to argue against George Washington when it comes to national significance & identity - Teddy had a tremendous influence on the US role on the international stage. His domestic influence was also formidable.

Actually, I think Firaxis has also considered good ol' Teddy. In BtS, there is actually Theodore Roosevelt concept art.

I think FDR is probably the latest a US leader should be. Ray gun would be a terrible choice. There are some who think he was the greatest president ever and those who think he was quite possibly one of the worst. That alone should really make you stop and think. Apart from that, he is really too modern.

Germany - Adolf Hitler
Russia - Joseph Stalin
China - Mao Tse-tung
Rome - Julius Caesar

Most pressing is of course Hitler, as he has yet to have been included in any iteration of Civilization. I call discrimination!

Please no Reagan for America. Too recent and too easy to argue that he was not-all-that as a president. Eisenhower is a better pick for recent-era Republicans.
I love pointed statements backed up with no actual points... I don't consider, he was "too recent" to be a good argument.
Reagan was greatness. He is still looked at with awe, and held as a role model, by much of the country, whether you like him or not. This is what makes a president great in history, a lasting effect.
Washington
Jefferson
Jackson
Lincoln
TR
FDR
Reagan

Doesn't mean I necessarily like all of them.

Please dont tell me about Mao, what did he achieve but the destruction of a heck load of Chinese cultural legacy. *Pissed Chinese*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom