Legendary Earth, a TSL Map [Brainstorming]

How do you feel making British isles larger than in real life? Maybe same with Europe?
Also would love to get a bit larger English channel than just one hex. :)

It would help England and European empires build proper kingdoms from where to expand by colonization and conquer.

Wow that is a weird projection, but it actually looks pretty good for gameplay!

That is a rather neat map projection. I feel like Europe is a tad bit too prominent but it looks like it could result in really fun gameplay that "guides" the gameplay towards a more historic path.

Another map I'm a fan of is the Dymaxion Map, since the empty spaces can be filled in with ocean, resulting in an almost completely connected landmass (at least via shallow water), so you can get a lot of interesting expansion routes.

That is a rather neat map projection. I feel like Europe is a tad bit too prominent but it looks like it could result in really fun gameplay that "guides" the gameplay towards a more historic path.

Another map I'm a fan of is the Dymaxion Map, since the empty spaces can be filled in with ocean, resulting in an almost completely connected landmass (at least via shallow water), so you can get a lot of interesting expansion routes.

The Dymaxion is another projection I've always wanted to utilize...it might be possible if we do indeed get larger map sizes! Also, how the maps are able to wrap will be important, if I recall in Civ IV you could have x and y axis wrapping but only along the y axis in Civ V. I feel like the for the Dymaxion to feel right you'd want wrapping in both directions.

Yeah, it's a really fun map to play, even in this beta stage.

Also, you're absolutely right about the map guiding the game play. That's what I was hoping to achieve with this map, and it works to a large extent.

The map is definitely Eurocentric, because most of the civs in CiV are European. in order to accommodate a decent number of cities per civ I needed to enhance the size of Europe.

What would be absolutely AWESOME AND FANTASTIC, would be if ressources are spread only in historical and actual locations. No sugar cane in Egypt for example or no incents all over the world or no wine in China or no nitrite in the Congo/ Angola area. I hope you see what I mean. This would push, I hope, the player and maybe the Ai to invade far away countries for resources (just go the American way). :nuke:

What would be absolutely AWESOME AND FANTASTIC, would be if ressources are spread only in historical and actual locations. No sugar cane in Egypt for example or no incents all over the world or no wine in China or no nitrite in the Congo/ Angola area. I hope you see what I mean. This would push, I hope, the player and maybe the Ai to invade far away countries for resources (just go the American way). :nuke:

Resource distribution is very important. I try to marry a realistic approach with gameplay balance (for example, giving everyone a reasonable chance to snag strategic resources). Luxuries are definitely regionally dependent and I'm very happy with the diversity they've gone with this time around. :D

Top Bottom