1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Legion Tournament I

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: RPG' started by Strider, Aug 17, 2004.

1. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

BCLG begins talking to his felow samurai civinator

"when do you reckon this tournament is going to get started then?"

2. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

SaaMsan stays in his little corner and shouts.
    "No blood for Iron!"
    Someone shouts back "But swordfighting uses Iron and blood is normally drawn, doofball."
    "Ah yeah, well, lemme just keep shouting!"

3. truckingpete

truckingpete On a Stark Trek

*Ixosis walks back to Pete*

"You young man better be careful, next time you may not have someone stop a fight like this. But what is your name? Your skills in a sword are evident. Maybe I can help you improve them."

"Ixosis, I can I every thank you," siad Pete. "I am training to became a great samurai that fights on horseback. I already got the sword made of the strongest iron in the land. I think this tounament will help me get better...if I survive.."

"Oh and...would that guy in the corner stop shouting! I'll come over there and give you a lesson!!"

4. Civanator

Civanator Chieftain

*Ixosis chuckles*

"There's no point in wasting your energy on him, he can't do anything but talk. Anyway, I'd like for you to show me what you know."

*Ixosis grabs two sword sized sticks, throws one to Pete, and then makes an attack low at Pete's ankle.*

5. superpelon

superpelon DemoGame Pelon

**LEGION TOURNAMENT** the sign said.

This might be interesting, I thought, as I looked towards the field. Men in armor, on horses, men with spears, swords and bows where all in the field, looking at each other. There where a few men wearing only loose fitting padded clothes.

"Whats all this about??" I asked a young boy standing nearby.

"Its the Legion Tournament!! Only the greatest fighting contest in all of Japanatica!! All the best fighters are here!!" said the young boy.

"Really?? Combat eh?? Are there any unarmed combat categories??" I asked

"YES THERE IS Pelon-san!! Look, over there!!"

I looked over to one corner of the field, where men where practicing all sorts of combat moves. A few where sparring with other fighters. I decided to walk over and take a look.

Quite a few of the fighters assembled in the field gave me strange looks. My stance on fighting was well-known in Japanatica, since I was one of the founders of the Zenedoshou. Fighting was something we did not approve of.

Well, mindless offensive fighting. Self-defense was, unfourtunatly, a survival skill in Japanatica.

I noticed all the hand-to-hand fighting was made up of the crude, yet brutally effective techniques taught to the Japanatican soldiers. Enphasis was made on strength and power, and most of the fighters here where large brutes, strong and very ugly.

"Lookit the Zenedo fool!!" An earless toothless man shouted out. I turned around and stared him down. I walked over.

"Ill see you in the ring sir..." and walked away.

I never thought Id would get a chance to show the defensive fighting techniques I had been working on for all those years after getting the desk job at the Ministry. I had never been a large or strong man, but years of swimming in the river, meditation and running had made me into a somewhat of an athlete. Since fighting was so common un Japanatica, I had decided to try and learn a way to defend myself, but without falling into the punch-his-teeth-out style still taught to the warriors of Japanatica.

As I walked up to the signup sheet I seemed to notice a familiar face under a the dark face mask of the man who had just signed up before me.

I looked at the name: CivGeneral.

My boss at the Ministry. Great. Oh well, this might be my only chance to get back at him.

I signed on.

WAIT!! HOW IS IT WE CAN:

Ride Horses, use Bows, and WRITE if we dont have Horseback Riding, Warrior Code or Alphabet yet??

I want my money backkkkk :goodjob:

6. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

because we have the wheel?????????????? therefore chariots if you want to get specific, this is caveman writing and the bows is just getting picky :p

7. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

OOC: They're simple, toy bows. Yew and Ash wood haven't been utilized yet to make the stronger, required bows.

8. Real Pave

Real Pave Chieftain

While thinking how on earth he got himself in the army, even as a scout, he came to the field, where he saw people organazing the first legion games. The recuitment guy had advised him to partisipate in the games, and... Well, life's short.

- How do I sign in?
    - You just put your signature under the category you'll partisipate.

He draw a simple signature in the paper, presenting a fish, and leaved the field.

9. truckingpete

Pete blocked the atttack by putting his stick in front of the blow. "You have to try harder than that," said Pete. Then Pete attacked Ixosis's shoulder. The one without the sword in the hand.

10. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

The first round in Unarmed Combat will begin tommorow!!! The contestants are Strider vs Meacha.

11. Civanator

Civanator Chieftain

*Ixosis drops back and then kicks Pete's legs out from under him. He then launches himself back to his feet and puts the stick at Pete's chest.*

"A little slow bub, but we can work on that."

*Ixosis extends his hand and helps Pete up from off the ground.*

"Come, we can take my horses to the Omo in Immo."

*Ixosis makes a shrill whistle, and then another in a different tone and two horses come trotting over to them.*

"Saddle up and ride out."

*Ixosis hops up top the saddle and starts off slowly to wait for Pete.*

12. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

BlackHeart is heavy with sweat from his just finished hunt. His farmer's clothes are drenched by his tiger-skin cloak is still surprisingly dry.

"Ahhh a tourney! Maybe now I will meet some worthy opponents and hone my skill for the army."

13. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Almost overnight the fairly empty field is put together with several hundred uncomfortable wooden seats around a large playing field. The grass is fairly wet from the rain the night before, and in several places the grass gives way to mud.

"The match will begin in 5 hours time!!! See the first match of the Legion Tournament tonight!!!"

14. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

*Ankka goes to sit near SaaMsan's tent, this weird little guys doings seem funny and there might happen something, so would be good to be near it to get a good view.

15. truckingpete

Pete then saddles up on the horse. He jumps on and rides in the hot sun overhead. He catches up to Ixosis and says, "The tournement is going to start soon... I would like to get back for the next event...."

16. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

SaaMsan is waiting for the tournament. His corner is now full of odd drawings, peaceful protester buttons and other odd things. SaaMsan must really be loosing it, as he's resorted to line dancing with his nameless interns. "Step, Kick! Step, Kick!" They're dancing. SaaMsan watches, and one of them trips on his own feet. "No no no no no! Bedlam! Bedlam! Watch. It's this a 5-6-7-8 Step, kick, kick, leap, kick, touch. Again!"
    SaaMsan has really lost it. A Chorus Line isn't due out for another couple of milenia and he's already training his interns to do the opening. Weirdo...

17. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

"where did yu get sucha corner" asked BCLG "for i greatly desire one"

18. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

BlackHeart watches SaaMsan's corner with humor.

"That's is a great act you have there! Maybe your opponent will laugh himself to death."

19. Civanator

Civanator Chieftain

*Ixosis chuckles to himself.*

"Don't worry bub, I'll make sure you get back well rested for your turn to fight. You'll be back by the sunset of tomorrow."

20. truckingpete

"Now let's ride, RIDE like the wind!," said Pete.