Legislative Committee: The Committee on Foreign Affairs

Lockesdonkey

Liberal Jihadist
This is the first implementation of the Committee System. Despite the fact that we don't need a Foreign Affairs Committee yet, Joe Harker's proposal made this committee (as opposed to the Justice, Judiciary, and Legal (JJL) Committee and the Domestic Affairs Committee, which I was going to create first) a priority. I intend to be a member of this committee; I ask a person who cares more deeply than I do about the military to create an Armed Services Committee. I will handle the JJL Committee soon.

This committee thread will have to be renamed after we find consensus on the name of the legislature.

The Committee on Foreign Affairs is a body to study matters of the international relations. It will advise all officials charged with directing foreign affairs (at the moment, just the Chieftain) by producing Committee Reports on proposed alliances, treaties, trades, and other international actions which may relate to our nation's position in the world. The Committee may also discuss long-term foreign policy (for example, the concepts being discussed in
this thread).

However, this thread (that is, the main committee thread) is only for signing up for the Committee and for talking about the Committee (things like "What can the Committee talk about?" and "What can the Committee do?").

Committee discussion takes place on separate threads, with "FAC:" before the thread title (so, for instance, the thread about foreign policy that Joe Harker started would be renamed "FAC: Foreign Policy.") It is only through these separate discussion threads that the Committee arrives at a Report.

The following actions are valid on the Committee thread:

Signup: If you don't understand this, relearn English.
Suggestion for a topic: You can ask that a new discussion thread be posted. If there are no objections, the thread goes up. However:
Questioning Competence: Fancy word for saying that we can't talk about it. For instance, if someone says "Let's discuss the building of the Great Wall in City X," anyone with half a brain would say "that's not our business, we're not Domestic Affairs." If there's a dispute about whether or not the committee is "Competent" (i.e. whether or not the committee can talk about it), we have to hash it out on this thread.

I (Lockesdonkey) will be interim Chairman of the Committee on Foreign Relations. We may want another Chairman later, as I it is possible both real life and my judiciary duties might interfere with running the committee.

So, who's in? Just post to sign up.

Members:
Lockesdonkey, Interim Chairman
jdubdixon
AluminumKnight
Shattered
CivGeneral
mattwithanh
Joe Harker

I would like to join the The Committee on Foreign Affairs citizens group.

OK, you're in!

I would like to be a part of this committee.

As do I, I finaly found my stamp to stamp with.

文明将軍
(BTW: That Translates roughly to my user name: Civ(ilization) General)

Sign me up please and yes go ahead with using my thread

Competence question. Are you really a committee or are you a special interest group? I haven't seen any polls or legislation authorizing the formation of this legislative committee?

(Playing Devils Advocate here as a newcomer)

Competence question. Are you really a committee or are you a special interest group? I haven't seen any polls or legislation authorizing the formation of this legislative committee?

They haven't been around for that long, erikthecelt. That's why they haven't polled anything yet. From what I understand a committee can only influence a decision and should be considered a special interest group.

The commitees have no power.
Are just a group of players who decides to study more carefully some aspects
of the game.
So, no poll is needed.
Best regards,

I added everyone who specifically requested to be added.

I think that that you misunderstand the term "competence:.

You're asking if this committee has any right to exist; I find no reason for it not to.

A Competence motion means that you're saying "hey waitaminute, I don't think that this is a Foreign Affairs topic..."

Thanks again

Boo!

Now that we have neighbors, I think that we now have a purpose...

We should push forward in getting this office up and running ASAP.

Top Bottom