Lets set up a PBEM!

Cutting the oil also was an idea of mine. But i discarded this due following reasons:
1) hungarian oil was not reachable. So at least one of your 3 nations can build the techs. A spy had been a option. But i guess it had been discovered on its way.
2) Are you sure i could reach the oil in north africa? To bomb i must clean up all your interceptors. Italy has a lot...
3) i had no chance to stop you in middle east.

btw: all historians told... if hitler has made his way to middle east and eat russia from south he might have won this war. you simply followed this advice and the british empire is in big trouble (and russia also i guess). With loosing the oil in philippines and arabia im out of buisiness now. In this szenario it's even more easy since you not even need transports. you can run through turkey (with or without his permission ;) ). My oil in northern sea will be gone very soon. So i have left the canadian (until culture switch to america :-( )

Even IF i cut you from oil. im not sure if the tech you got from beginn is enough. How many fighters and bombers you build during this 10 turns now?

I want to put one more thing:

THANK YOU KAI FOR THIS AMAZING SZENARIO

It's exiting that this szenario has so much deepness even after 10 turns. I never mind we start again soon. There is action each turn right from the beginning. And that way it's no problem to slow down the turn cycle.

There are sooo many options i can do. I really was thinking about invasion of amsterdam and/or paris and simply destroy the cities. Might be i should have done or even tried. You had not one fighter in intercept last turns (ok the last turn again there were some up). The window was open for such a mission. And you fleet in amsterdam was weak defended by onle 3-5 units. With bombard i had a chance.

All together: it was a pleasure to play this. Might be i made some mistakes. But in next try i will be more carefull right from the beginning. I was lack of experiance in MP combat (first of all in fleet handling). But this 10 turns teached me more than maybe some normal pbem/MP games i could do in a year. ;-).

Actually, all 3 oil fields are reachable by Britain, at least in the beginning. You can base your fighters in Thessaloniki Greece to bomb the Romanian oil field, North Africa France, Malta or Egypt to bomb the two oil fields in Libya. I counted the tiles. They are reachable.

Of course, you would risk those fighters being shot down or being captured when we invade those cities. But the benefit of cutting our oil supply vs losing some fighters (which are even cheaper than an infantry) is too much better off. You probably need to try playing the Axis to feel how worry we are about being cut out from oil :)

The thing is, if you can stop our oil supply a few turns, we will be unable to produce any ships, tanks and airplanes. If managed probably, you could even force us to turn our attention on North Africa and Mediterranean and in the mean time, enjoy your air superiority over British Channel because you can build airplanes and we can't. Again, I think this is the tactics used by Britain in history.

About launching an invasion on Paris and Amsterdam, I am afraid it is actually not so feasible. Each turn I checked this possibility and by having 5 units defending each city, your one transport sitting in London is not feasible to win a city in one turn. Unless you have tanks, but I think all your tanks are too busy in the east :)

@kai,
ok i believe you. I had no map open when i wrote this here. I should have counted the tildes in my first turns. If it is as you say, i should reconsider my strategies for the next game.

actually i thinking about taking GB again or try myself on the axis. Is there any summary yet about your further changings in balance to the next version of map we will play? ( i will have a closer look to the topics in forum tonight. i'm at work now)

@dazz:
Well, im not sure how effective the espionage had been in reality. The "total view" is of course a little too much compared to reality. But I would not like to deactivate. I want at least know the sheets from demographics and the graphs. I dont know if you care so much for them, I do. Maybe there is any chance to change the config that way, the city view can not be reached. ( in german PBEM i even know what the germans are producing :lol: )

Have you tried the beta version?
But actually, I had another change to the Beta version :)

I actually wish to be French and China. So we might be working together this time.

Sounds intriguing. Still nobody interessted to join me as a sidekick in the new world? If nobody shows up I can bring freedom and democracy to the subjugated south americans myself ;) But would be more interessting if my main option wouldn't be to bash a stupid AI. Working together with a smart South America player and looking forpossible expansion grounds elsewhere does sound so much more interessting.^^

South America might not be the "most promissing" place to start, but if played well, and especially diplomatically, it can be very interessting.

Yes good point. Thats the weak spot of Japan also! But fortunetly the britain are not in coverage. In this scenario it is possible to make the goal with thinking outside the box. Oil was, are and will be always the weakness of Axis.

Have you tried the beta version?
But actually, I had another change to the Beta version :)

I actually wish to be French and China. So we might be working together this time.

Oh nooooo. Have i forgoten to say that i play southamerica :lol:

No one is up for Germany/Italy yet. I suppose unless we can find a good Germany/Italy player, the game wouldn't be fun. I would suggest one of the 6 original players should take the place.

Well, also this would be an interesting part. But than the GB position is open :crazyeye:

I have read the description to the new scenario now. You have change a lot and it will be a very hard fight for Japan and Germany now, but not unintresting.
You are a tricky one! Now that you will play China, China has twice the trooppower then before :lol:. But that will not help you!:D.

Btw another question. I find it very depressing to end the current game. Are you in timeproblems when we let that game run to an normal end?? Nethertheless I will play in the new One too as Japan, not as Southamerican, that was a joke, but some has taken it seriously^^.

OH, I was just hoing for a nice Robin at my side ... or would it be a Pinkie? ^^

I have read the description to the new scenario now. You have change a lot and it will be a very hard fight for Japan and Germany now, but not unintresting.
You are a tricky one! Now that you will play China, China has twice the trooppower then before :lol:. But that will not help you!:D.

Btw another question. I find it very depressing to end the current game. Are you in timeproblems when we let that game run to an normal end?? Nethertheless I will play in the new One too as Japan, not as Southamerican, that was a joke, but some has taken it seriously^^.

Do you mean double because there is now Communist China? Well, it is under the Russian control in the team arrangement.

I don't mind to play for a few more turns in our current game. I asked to restart because borgg wants to, for obvious reason ;)

Well, two games is to much for me, don't have enough time for that. SO I'd prefer if we played just one game at a time.

@dazz:
Well, im not sure how effective the espionage had been in reality. The "total view" is of course a little too much compared to reality. But I would not like to deactivate. I want at least know the sheets from demographics and the graphs. I dont know if you care so much for them, I do. Maybe there is any chance to change the config that way, the city view can not be reached. ( in german PBEM i even know what the germans are producing :lol: )

I am currently playing 1940 single player with Espionage disabled and I have full demographics and graphs ... I understood that, if Espionage is disabled then this is standard - you only need espionage points for graphs if espionage is enabled.

I also wouldn't have the time to play two games at the same time.

Well, two games is to much for me, don't have enough time for that. SO I'd prefer if we played just one game at a time.

kk, can live with that, perhaps spore is coming out now in Germany :).

Beta is stand alone mod!

@Kai I mean national China in combination with Kommunist China. But i see, after testing the Japanese, that the starting positions are different and not so bad for me, well done Kai. When do we start?

Oh Spore IS out since the 4th. Actually its part of the reason why I don't have time. :D If you get it, look out for my wonderfull Schamanai creatures. ^^

Top Bottom