[LH] Burebista Redux

Aranor

Emperor
Burebista

Wow it's amazing how far you can come in just a couple of short months! Just 1 month ago I posted the original Burebista here . Heres a screenshot to jog your memories:

Now here is the fully updated Burebista in all his glory!:bowdown:

I know people are sick of FDR re-skins, but I just could help myself!:mischief: :lol:

Heres the Download

Button included in the download.

Enjoy!:king:

looks authentic.
His hat has that unexplained yellow slice .. and I wonder if he is secretly a conehead ?

That "unexplained yellow slice" as you call it happens to be the Dacian Draco (half wolf half serpent) it was a sacred Symbol to the Dacians and was later adopted by the Roman Cavalry after their conquest of Dacia.

@ Ekmek:

Thanks! Blender certainly is getting easier to use. I'm considering trying out units next! ( any advice on those?)

Great stuff!! I really like this; it's going straight into my mod, of course!! I'm not sick of FDR skins; this is the first one I can actually use in an Ancient context, so in terms of Anno Domini, he's unique.

THANKS A LOT!!

Great stuff!! I really like this; it's going straight into my mod, of course!! I'm not sick of FDR skins; this is the first one I can actually use in an Ancient context, so in terms of Anno Domini, he's unique.

THANKS A LOT!!

No worries. He's one of my favorites too:D and will take pride of place in the Europa Barbarorum for CIV mod. Incidentally he is based off of the EB Getai King graphics (colors and overall concept).

I did see your request for an FDR leaderhead using chainmail ( it wasn't my deciding factor in creating him as I had already settled on the concept long before).

That "unexplained yellow slice" as you call it happens to be the Dacian Draco (half wolf half serpent) it was a sacred Symbol to the Dacians and was later adopted by the Roman Cavalry after their conquest of Dacia.

@ Ekmek:

Thanks! Blender certainly is getting easier to use. I'm considering trying out units next! ( any advice on those?)

dracones to be precise

and the real name of Burebista was lost, but his fame was evoked by the Greek writers under the name of Byrebistas and because our language was altered from priscus latin by some conquerer that altered it, we dont know his real name...

http://www.geocities.com/solarguard/celtic/burebista.html

I know people are sick of FDR re-skins, but I just could help myself!:mischief: :lol:
Funny... I always imagined that Napoleon is the most reskinned LH.

You peoples are aware that you are replying to a 7 month old thread ? :mischief:
And Aranor is on modding hiatus i think...

You peoples are aware that you are replying to a 7 month old thread ? :mischief:

And Wolfshanze of all people... isn't this the time for him to post a "thread necromancy" picture?

I knew it was old when I replied... but...

A) I'm not the one who dug-up this thread

B) It was the first time I saw the comment about FDR reskins

Yes Im unfortuantely on a modding hiatus. My laptop along with all my civ cds was stolen a couple of months ago and I have yet to replace them. That and the fact I'm heading to Romania early next year makes for very little chance of me coming up with new work before may next year.

Top Bottom