[LH Gallery] NikNaks' Leaderhead Gallery

Also I think if you made her look more different from Lizzy (including the clothing) she could be used as a Generic European female leaderhead too.

Hi, I posted this in your hitler threadbut got noe responses.

I really want to install your Hitler leaderhead but I need help knowing what to put into the artdefines_leaderhead file (i.e. which file for which of the categories) If someonewould be kind enough to tell me what to put in the file for each category (e.g. button, noshader,etc.) or to post an artdefines_leaderhead file with just Hitler in it, that would be great.

NikNaks: It's obvious that this is a very popular new leaderhead. Everyone has very good ideas for her.

I would agree with those who are rooting for Mary Stuart, Queen of Scots. She was Elizabeth's cousin, so there was a family resemblance of some kind anyway. Could the presenet collar be replaced with William of Orange's ruff? With a black dress and a 16th C. collar it would be a very good Mary. Or if the collar doesn't work, then as the Capo said, the dark dress with slightly altered facial features would work for Mary too.

Otherwise, other possibilities could be Christina of Sweden (reign 1632 -1654), with darker hair, a dark dress and a plain collar (except I can't think who has one of those plain puritan style collars); or

Jeanne III Queen of Navarre (reign 1555 -1572) active during the Reformation and supportive of the Huguenot cause in her own country and France.

I do have to admit that this one woud also serve for Wilhelmina too.

Whoever she turns out to be: really good work.:goodjob:

Original quote from J4imie
I really want to install your Hitler leaderhead but I need help knowing what to put into the artdefines_leaderhead file (i.e. which file for which of the categories) If someonewould be kind enough to tell me what to put in the file for each category (e.g. button, noshader,etc.) or to post an artdefines_leaderhead file with just Hitler in it, that would be great.

The way I managed to install leaderheads was as follows:

1. I opened up the leaderhead to see if the XML work was done. If yes, I just created a new entry in the 'ArtDefines_Leaderhead' folder and then copied and pasted the XML stuff into the folder under the new entry.

2. If there was no XML work done, then I was stumped, but this process I managed to make work. I opened up the leaderhead to see all the little icons for the artwork. I have no idea what they do (except a couple of the obvious background ones).

You need to find the icons for:
1. The button
2. The NIF (no idea what this means)
3. The KFM (no idea)
4. The Noshader (sometimes called Nonshader or other variants)
5. The BG (background)

Here is a sample I created for Peron:

<Type>ART_DEF_LEADER_PERON</Type>
<Button>Art/interface/LeaderHeads/btn_Peron.dds</Button>
<NIF>art/LeaderHeads/Peron/peron.nif</NIF>
<KFM>art/LeaderHeads/Peron/george_washington.kfm</KFM>
<NoShaderNIF>art/LeaderHeads/Peron/washington_noshader.nif</NoShaderNIF>
<BackgroundKFM>art/LeaderHeads/Peron/washington_bg.kfm</BackgroundKFM>

1. The button is self evident and is a dds file so its easy, as long as you get it into the right filepath "Art--Interface--Leaderheads..." in my case

2. The NIF is the most challenging. Often it doesn't seem to be labeled as the NIF. I look for one of the files that is designated a 'NetImmerse/Gamebryo File' with the sphere/cube/cone. A lot of those files are labeled (george_washington_idle_03 for example). So that's not what I look for. I look for a NetImmerse/Gamebryo icon with a very simple name. In the case of Peron it was just called 'Peron' but sometimes they are named after the base leaderhead. Like Dom Pedro II's NIF is named 'napoleon'. Once or twice I haven't actually found the file I'm looking for, but in those cases I've made an educated guess that it is going to be the same name as the base leaderhead that most of the other files are named for, and this has worked for me. Magic? Sheer luck? Who knows.

3. The KFM is usually easy to spot, and is almost invariably named for the base leaderhead.

4. The noshader is a little trickier. Sometimes the spelling changes. Usually the word 'noshader' or 'nonshader' is in the name.

5. Background is usually straightforward to spot and name.

I try to be very careful with capitalizations. I don't know if that matters, but I follow the creator's capitalization format just in case (ie 'NOSHADER' versus 'NonShader' 'BG' or 'bg' or whatever)

The difficulty for me can be just deciding which of the files is the right one, but I seem to be able to figure out the right ones. It's really nice when the artist does the XML work, but I appreciate the art so much, I won't complain about having to figure a little bit out on my own.

In general I found a thread started by Wolfshanze on this 'Creation and Customization' forum very useful to help me figure leaderheads out. It was very frustrating til then. But then I figured out how to add the modular leaderheads where the XML was provided, and from there I worked backwards to figure out the non modular ones where I had to come up with my own change to the ArtDefines_Leaderhead file. Edit: Here is the link:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=278907

I hope this helps with Herr Hitler.:)

I have installed other leaderheads before using the tutorial but theyve alwyas had the XML for art defines leaderhead file, the hardest one to make on your own! This is a first for me but I will try what you have suggested for finding the right files tomorrow, I have tried already with just guessing but maybe i can make more educated guesses using your post! I'll try my best but I may end up failing again and ending up with the pink boxes and a game crash again!

I wonder... is there a way that we could change McCain so that he isn't just standing there and staring blankly when he's annoyed or furious?

I have tried again unsuccessfully to install his leaderhead, I believe all the other files are correct because it comes up in the right place in civlopedia but the artwork is a redbox and the button a pink box. I have tried almost every file htat would be logical to put in each position but I still seem to have had no success. Could someone please post the files that go in each category

Wow, having not been able to post in a couple of days, a lot has happened.

Capo, I'll see how that turns out.

J4imie, send me a PM and I'll try to help you out.

Madman, I have no idea if that's possible. As it's really Garret's "head" you should ask him, although I will look into it.

Rob, I'll turn her collar into a neck. Would Cartimandua need different clothing?

Thanks for all your ideas. I'll work on it some more this afternoon.

I tried adding new animations to McCain, but it didn't work.

I think we could try a body switch. The main reason I suggested McCain was because of the shape of Sid's head.

It's been done before... putting a head in another body.

Hmm... well then, whose body is it? I want to know.

Rob, I'll turn her collar into a neck. Would Cartimandua need different clothing?
She was a contemporary of Boudicca, so something similar to that would be nice; but if you didn't have time to do that, she could be the same as she is now. In fact, there are a few Celtic female leaders of the time she could fit as well as Cartimandua; including Maeve of Eire and Fidelma of Iona.

Top Bottom