liberation.

Arilian

King
La Venta is My ally.

I attack Attila
Venta declares war to Attila.
Attila captures la Venta

A few turns later.

You have liberated la Venta . They are indebted to you for their survival.
You have no longer friends with la Venta .
Attila is now the Ally of la Venta .
La Venta declares war on you.

last 4 line is in 1 second.
hmm?

Ha! Nice!

One of the underappreciated things about Attila is that the Huns are one of the few civs that, post-patch, can almost always be relied upon to have a nice stack of gold (mostly from bullying, of course). That's good for selling lux and strat resources for full price, but nightmarish when you are competing for CS loyalty. I really hate it when Attila allies my neighbor CSs before DOWing me.

Because the AI's turn comes before CS turns, I guess the sequence was: (1) you liberated the CS and then finished your turn; (2) on his turn, Attila did his mischief to make the CS his ally (bought loyalty with gold?, but coup might also explain your swift fall from friend status); and (3) by the time the CS's turn came, because it was now Attila's ally, it DOWed you.

Definitely not nice, but, hey, if you ever get to a UN vote, you're assured of the CS's vote....

"Because the AI's turn comes before CS turns, I guess the sequence was: (1) you liberated the CS and then finished your turn; (2) on his turn, Attila did his mischief to make the CS his ally (bought loyalty with gold?, but coup might also explain your swift fall from friend status); and (3) by the time the CS's turn came, because it was now Attila's ally, it DOWed you. "

No.

It was 1 turn (in fact 1 sec :)). There was no time for Attila to do anything.

So all this happened after liberation and before you even had a chance to hit "Next Turn"?

Wow, that's buggy.

Attila had to be at war with you to have la venta DOW you. If that is true, it would've been stuck at -60 to Attila, meaning he couldn't have become its ally unless he DOW'd you that turn. Post a save file or some screenshots.

Apart from any true bugs, it is annoying that liberating a CS doesn't give you any sort of residual bonus to friendship.

Top Bottom