Library folder missing after patch

Bergerperson

An actual Canadian
So I downloaded patch 1.06 from the App Store, and my library folder for Civilization 5 has disappeared. Anyone know where it could of gone/where it was moved? Luckily I copied the folder before hand...

Per Apple's new requirements, Civ 5 is now sandboxed. The folder that was previously in Library/Application Support is now in Library/Containers/com.aspyr.civ5campaigns/Application Support.

I might be off on the exact folder name, but it's definitely in Containers now.

Hmm, after com.aspyr.civ5campaigns (Mine doesn’t have the S), I can only go into a folder called “Data”, in which is more or less my computers’ user folder. (Has the documents, apps, downloads, etc... folders).

Sorry, I can't help at the moment. Although the Steam version has downloaded and plays, the UK App Store will not let me download the update to the Campaign edition. I guess I'll have to wait a couple of days.

Hmm, after com.aspyr.civ5campaigns (Mine doesn’t have the S), I can only go into a folder called “Data”, in which is more or less my computers’ user folder. (Has the documents, apps, downloads, etc... folders).

You're almost there. In that Data folder, there should mostly be shortcuts to your normal folders, but it's got it's own Library folder, with it's own Application Support.

Sorry I don't have the exact path. I don't have the Campaign Edition on a computer at home.

Ok, I found it.

EDIT: Hey AspyrRyan, what’s the point of changing the location of the mods folder when the patch requires you to HAVE STEAM FOR MODS? An addition to it, where the hell is the folder in Steam, I downloaded it, made an account and all that, and I can’t find the folder for the mods...

My Library folder is also missing after G&K install. Tried uninstall of both the game and Steam. No help. The
Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization V only contains the G&K app (about 6 GB ins size).

Looked where you suggested and not there either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

The Containers folder is ONLY for the Mac App Store version of the game.
The Steam version of the save game folder should still be in the Documents/Aspyr folder.

Now I'm getting confused between you two. What exactly are you looking for, and with what version of the game?

I have the App Store version, however in the mods menu in the game, I have no mods installed, yet I have mods in the mods folder. And the button for “find mods” in the game says something about a steam folder or something like that.

AspyrRyan,

I have the Steam version of both Civ5 and the G&K expansion. The folder I mentioned is the one on the Mac that contains the .xml and .lua files that need to be changed to enable mods on the Mac. Before the G&K expansion, I had mods enabled and could run some of them without problems.

I've read where others have been able to still run mods (like IGE) on G&K. However my install seems to have cleared out that folder. The .xml and .lua files are not located in the Documents/Aspyr folder; all of the save files are there.

Hope this clears up my situation. Thanks for any help you can provide.

So it's a Mods thing.

Since we don't support Mods, I can't really help out there. I'm pretty sure the first time someone calls or emails tech support with "Ryan on the forums said this..." I'll get thrown out a window. :)

Perhaps some other threads on this forum would help.

Also, Bergerperson, the point of changing the location of the game save folder and the folder it stores other *ahem* files is that Apple had new requirements take effect recently that we had to comply with.

AspyrRyan,

I have a similar question about finding files after the G&K download for Steam- I can't seem to find the updated CIV5Technologies.xml file. I had edited the old copy to limit the techs/eras available, but after the switch that trick stopped working. I looked through the new G&K Package's contents (where I found the new mainmenu.lua file to enable modding), but the technology file there made no mention of the new techs that were added.

I understand Aspyr may not support editing files, but in my case I'm just wondering if there is a new technology xml file that contains the entire G&K tree, and if so where it would be located?

Thanks so much!

The Assets files are all located in the application bundle. That's always been the case in the App Store version, but now the Steam version uses the same bundle.

Select the application file - ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/sid meier's civilization v/Civilization V.app for Steam - and select the Finder's File->Open Package menu option. Then navigate to Contents/Home/assets/ within the package. All the assets files are in there. There's some Gods & Kings stuff in Contents/Home/assets/DLC/Expansion

Thanks AlanH,

I just stumbled in there now to find yet another copy of mainmenu.lua and the full technologies xml file. I assume editing these will bring the mods option and the ability to limit techs back?

AlanH,

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

This answer needs to be put on sticky for all Mac users.

For those who can't find the new path for the Apple Store version, I took a screen shot. As you know, you hold down the option key and then click on "go" so the library folder appears. Double click that to open, and here's the path of where saved games are.

Attachments

• AppStoreFiles.jpg
    AppStoreFiles.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 72
I have the App Store version, however in the mods menu in the game, I have no mods installed, yet I have mods in the mods folder. And the button for “find mods” in the game says something about a steam folder or something like that.

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM AS BERGERPERSON AND NO MODS DISPLAYED ON THE IN GAME SCREEN, BOTH ON STEAM AND APPSTORE... WAS PLAYING FINE ON THE STEAM VERSION PRIOR TO G&K... ALREADY TRIED INSTALLING THE MODS ON EVERY PLACE DESCRIBED HERE AND ELSEWHERE (in the bundle of the apps) AND NO MODS ARE DISPLAYED IN THE IN GAME SCREEN... ON BOTH VERSIONS... DOWNLOADED VARIOUS MODS AND NONE WORK. I MUST BE INSTALLING THE WRONG... ALREADY UNPACKED THE IN THE FOLDER... THE SAME WAY AS BEFORE...

G&K SEEMS TO HAVE TERMINATED MODS FOR G&K USERS... ANY SOLUTIONS ARE MORE THAN WELCOME.

Top Bottom