• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Light In The East: Civs Of The Orient(And Beyond)

Would it be Mysore?

Would it be Mysore?

We were originally going to do them in place of the Chola, just because then every civ in the India pack would start with "m", but then we decided against it. They'd also probably be a bit more difficult to make unique than, say, the Sikhs or some other Indian states, but it'd still be possible

Okay... has this civ been done before?
Is the territory that civ ruled over belongs to more then one country today?
Was the civ close to the Bengal Sea?(that sea between Burma and India)

It is portrayed in the map of a civ that TarcisioCM made. This civ has been guessed before.

We were originally going to do them in place of the Chola, just because then every civ in the India pack would start with "m", but then we decided against it. They'd also probably be a bit more difficult to make unique than, say, the Sikhs or some other Indian states, but it'd still be possible

One word.

Rockets.

Man, now I'd love a Mysore civ.

Indo-Greek Kingdom

Yep, seems like the one but maybe closer to this map:
Spoiler :

I originally thought it was the Indo-Scythian Kingdom based on this map:
Spoiler :

I was close, but not close enough :lol:

Mysore (Tipu Sultan)
Start Bias: Plains
Capital: Mysore
UA: Fathul Mujahidin
Siege Units and Ranged Units gain a +2% :c5rangedstrength: Combat Bonus against Land Units for each National and World Wonder in the :c5capital: Capital, rising to +5% after Rocketry is researched.
UU: Cushoon (replaces Crossbowman)
Starts with Drill I and a unique promotion, "Treasures Of The Galaxy Market", that allows them to gain Experience 50% faster, and do 33% additional damage, when attacking Siege and Gunpowder Units in addition to the Combat Bonus from the UA. This Promotion is retained upon upgrading to the Gatling Gun. However, the Cushoon is only unlocked at Gunpowder rather than Machinery, and is considerably more expensive than the Crossbowman it replaces.
UB: Anicut (replaces Hydro Plant)
+1 :c5production: Production on River Tiles, with an additional +1 :c5food: Food, :c5production: Production, and :c5gold: Gold on nearby Luxury Resources. Available at Architecture instead of Electricity and does not require a River, unlike the Hydro Plant it replaces, but costs a lot more.

---

This is a Civ that has a game plan laser-focused on its rocketeer infantry - indeed, the Cushoon was the common unit of musketeers in the Mysorean army. It was these units that were outfitted with a minimum of two hundred rocketmen in addition to their normal strength (comparable to a brigade), hence why they're a Crossbowman remake - I didn't want to make a ranged Musketman because the promotions don't stack. It was Tipu Sultan who made this mandatory in his military manual "Fathal Mujahidin", which is why the UA is called that and does what it does. Mysore was a glittering, golden palace of a city, always was, and that's why the UA centres on National and World Wonders for the bonus to Ranged and Siege units - why it increases after researching Rocketry should be pretty bleedin' obvious, though. Additionally, in order to get that Wonder production and nab 'em quick, you need a hammer building, and I thought the best thing to do would be to bang one out earlier that also improves Luxuries. It's a lot better and a lot earlier, to the point where it might be considered just a little bit OP, but I think it's important when you're pumping out Cushoons nineteen to the dozen.

Oi, Shaka, you've got competition for the Carpet Of Doom Cup! =]

Looks good, definitely needs to be a defensive civ. But can I ask what the National Wonders thing in the UA stands for?

My initial UA idea was a culture bonus for every religion in a city due to Mysore having both Muslim and Hindu traditions.

The UU was supposed to be like a much weaker Renaissance/Industrial Guided Missile or something lol.

No, that's the symbol for Ranged Combat Strength, as opposed to Melee Combat Strength, which is the shield. Look at the name - it's : c5rangedstrength :, not : c5range :.

Edit: Hey, there's even colours! And I don't think there's a civ with colours like it yet!

And the symbol ought to be a tiger of some description, possibly holding a rocket. Tipu Sultan loved him some tigers. =]

He was and remains the most badass explosions enthusiast that ever lived. You know his rockets? He tied swords to them.

We are talking rocket swords.

Tipu Sultan is the guy six year old boys dreamed they would grow up to be when they were awesome enough.

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but Mysore was known hugely for being a cultural and religious centre of India, as much as it was known for its rockets, and I feel that a cultural-defensive focus works nicely and is more of a homage to the entire history of the kingdom, rather than the last few years.

:c5rangedstrength: Kingdom of Mysore :c5culture:

UA: Songs of the Demi-Gods
Receive free :c5greatperson: Great Writer points in the :c5capital: capital whenever a :c5faith: religious building is built in the Empire. While at war, receive a bonus to unit :c5production: production for every :greatwork: Great Work in the :c5capital: capital.
UU: Kṣipaṇi
Mysorean replacement for the gattling gun, and though it is slightly weaker, it is available much earlier, at Metallurgy instead of Industrialisation. The Ksipani has an additional 1 :c5rangedstrength: range over the gattling gun, and comes with the 'indirect fire' promotion. The Ksipani also has a unique promotion 'Red Glare' which lowers the :c5strength: combat strength of all enemy units within range.
UB: Kavana hal
The Kavana hal is the Mysorean replacement for the amphitheatre. When the :greatwork: great work slot is filled, receive a :c5strength: defensive bonus in this city, and newly trained siege or ranged units gain the 'Mysorean Tiger' promotion, giving +10% :c5rangedstrength: ranged strength against gunpowder units.

While that's a nice idea... there's a special place for Civs that focus on Culture and Defence.

It's called Colonialist Legacies. =]

(i'm actually part of the team now so i get to make that joke)

(insofar as it could be considered a joke)

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but Mysore was known hugely for being a cultural and religious centre of India, as much as it was known for its rockets, and I feel that a cultural-defensive focus works nicely and is more of a homage to the entire history of the kingdom, rather than the last few years.

Receive free :c5greatperson: Great Writer points in the :c5capital: capital whenever a :c5faith: religious building is built in the Empire. While at war, receive a bonus to unit :c5production: production for every :greatwork: Great Work in the :c5capital: capital.
Mysorean replacement for the gattling gun, and though it is slightly weaker, it is available much earlier, at Metallurgy instead of Industrialisation. The Ksipani has an additional 1 :c5rangedstrength: range over the gattling gun, and comes with the 'indirect fire' promotion. The Ksipani also has a unique promotion 'Red Glare' which lowers the :c5strength: combat strength of all enemy units within range.
The Kavana hal is the Mysorean replacement for the amphitheatre. When the :greatwork: great work slot is filled, receive a :c5strength: defensive bonus in this city, and newly trained siege or ranged units gain the 'Mysorean Tiger' promotion, giving +10% :c5rangedstrength: ranged strength against gunpowder units.

While that's a nice idea... there's a special place for Civs that focus on Culture and Defence.

It's called Colonialist Legacies. =]

(i'm actually part of the team now so i get to make that joke)

(insofar as it could be considered a joke)

Okay, now really, whats up with the gattling gun replacement ideas? As if you have problems with it
(Oh, Scapegrace, this isn't funny. I would refer to colonialist legacies as a zoo. It contains rare beasts, such as walruses and pangolians).
Back on topic: did I already mentioned the art is beautiful? :goodjob:

(P.S: leave silly things for me, please.)

I like it! Problem is the first part of the UA is similar to Sri Lanka's and the second to the Safavids. I think it's pretty good to have the rocket UU replace the Gatling Gun since the Tech fits well into the time period. I also think it's awesome to have the indirect fire promotion :) I had an idea of invalidating enemy unit promotions(that are positive) but decreasing combat strength works too with the "red glare" promotion.

I am pretty conflicted about the UB/ 2nd UU. I had an idea of having a Sowar or Mansabdar as the UU. For the UB I had no certain plans so your & Scapegrace's plan definitely helps out a lot :D

So you will keep the k ipa i?

Btw, your civs support E&D, Civ IV traits and Ynaemp, right?

Top Bottom