Light In The East: Civs Of The Orient(And Beyond)

Don't forget the most important Inca led by Cuzco!

Also, excellent, been years waiting for this civ.

Madagascar is led by King Julian the Glorious.

Yay! Sassanids! Who's the leader, and wants up with Persia?(no, not this one, the other one)

Nothing about that one, yet.

If I was awake at 4 in the morning, I would have guessed the Madagascar colab was with CL since they just released a Pridelands civ.

I did not know about Madagascar being a collaboration until Regalman said it in this thread. :V
He never tells me anything.

Madagascar is led by King Julian the Glorious.

Duh, how could I miss that easy one? I foolishly went with Alex because he's "king of the jungle."

I'm expecting a King Triton-led Atlantica soon.

Guys, I think we're onto something here.

Duh, how could I miss that easy one? I foolishly went with Alex because he's "king of the jungle."

Your brain was washed by Maurice and/or you were hypnotized by Julian's bottom dance. Move it! Move it!

Madagascar(Alex)
UA: Move it

UU: Penguin Commando
Replaces marines. Unlocked earlier, at refrigeration. Ignores terrain costs on hill, snow and tundra tiles, and ignores enemy zone of control, in addition to the mariner's abilities.

But I assume your Madagascar has nothing to do with the movie.

Our Madagascar revolves around an insane and crazy queen who gave malaria to her soldiers. Happy stuff :)

Hey now! She didn't give malaria to her own soldiers. She just insisted that her enemies take in the sights of the lovely mosquito-infested swamps of coastal Madagascar before being exiled. It would be a shame to leave Madagascar without seeing all it has to offer.

Benyovsky can be nice alternative to CL Madagascar.

Ring ding ding ding ding... what does the fox say?

I've read loads of times ideas like "Enemy units get attrition damage while inside Jungles in Madagascar territory", though I'd like to downplay Ranavalona's supposedly terrible reign, I think that'd be a nice feature.

Anti-westernization and conservation of traditional values over foreign influence would be something I'd like to see, an isolationist civ in a sense.

Also...

Link to video.

Something related to coffee or sugarcane and plantations as first part of the trait and something about closed borders or a bonus to stop missionaries in your territory

Thanks for the music Hoopthrower! The war theme is left now.

Since I'd like North Korea to be our primary anti-tourism civ, Reedstilt came up with some brilliant ideas that include a UU that when garrisoned, prevents the city from being converted to a foreign religion. A part of the UA that he came up with as well: "If a City* following your Religion is captured, it spawns one Melee Unit (Spear-Units, pre-Gunpowder; Gun-Units after) under your control for every 4 followers in the city." This is also supposed to work when you capture a city, so it's offensive and defensive as well. The units are spawned near your capital

Thanks for the music Hoopthrower! The war theme is left now.

Since I'd like North Korea to be our primary anti-tourism civ, Reedstilt came up with some brilliant ideas that include a UU that when garrisoned, prevents the city from being converted to a foreign religion. A part of the UA that he came up with as well: "If a City* following your Religion is captured, it spawns one Melee Unit (Spear-Units, pre-Gunpowder; Gun-Units after) under your control for every 4 followers in the city." This is also supposed to work when you capture a city, so it's offensive and defensive as well. The units are spawned near your capital

Would this work for wars you weren't involved in - say I spread my religion to two neighbours, paid them to duke it out - would I still gain units from cities that are gained and lost?

If so that's pretty cool, the idea in general is wonderful - didn't Ranavalona bring about an effective economic/industrial revolution, any plans to represent this?

Top Bottom