[GS] Link Your 2k Account to Unlock the Scout Cat in Civ VI

Interesting. Does this mean they will be offering more content as micro-transactions? I can’t think of another reason to create an account.

They just want you to be part of their contact network so they can advertise more 2K games to you. I don’t know why this would be thought of as the beginning of some weird microtransaction scheme.

I think this is terrible news.

You do realize this is the first step down the micro-transaction slippery slope?
If they sell occasional cosmetic features, I don't care. I will never buy them, but some Civ fans will--just as they would buy souvenirs at a con. That has zero impact on me--and will bring happiness to some people.

If, however they start selling, say, OP policy cards, then they have indeed crossed a line. I would have to reconsider my gaming choices on that sad day.

I trust Firaxis to make the wise decision. :)

Not showing up for me :(

If they sell occasional cosmetic features, I don't care. I will never buy them, but some Civ fans will--just as they would buy souvenirs at a con. That has zero impact on me--and will bring happiness to some people.

If, however they start selling, say, OP policy cards, then they have indeed crossed a line. I would have to reconsider my gaming choices on that sad day.

I trust Firaxis to make the wise decision. :)
You know they sell civs as DLC?
They have since Civ 5.

Do all of the scouts have food in their pockets, to get the cats to follow them?

Do all scouts, upon getting 2 promotions, get a variant of the name "crazy cat lady" and then can never be upgraded for fear of losing cats?

Do the cats, upon the death of a scout, simply stay on the tile and make noise occasionally, until you try to click on them at which time they run away from your cursor?

Do the cats, upon seeing your mouse cursor in a different tile, alternate between trying to swat at it and acting disinterested?

This just raises so many question for me right meow.

Do all of the scouts have food in their pockets, to get the cats to follow them?

Do all scouts, upon getting 2 promotions, get a variant of the name "crazy cat lady" and then can never be upgraded for fear of losing cats?

Do the cats, upon the death of a scout, simply stay on the tile and make noise occasionally, until you try to click on them at which time they run away from your cursor?

Do the cats, upon seeing your mouse cursor in a different tile, alternate between trying to swat at it and acting disinterested?

This just raises so many question for me right meow.

Now, that is a DLC I'd pay for.

Moderator Action: merged threads

so what if my account is already linked to my game ? no cats for me ?

My existing 2K account shows as offline for some reason in Civ VI and I can not log in on their website. Have they switched off the account system for the time being ?

Top Bottom