List of early access streams and Let's Plays

I need to watch more of Odd's Scythia LP. It's fun to watch people learning the game. And since I plan to stream my first few games, it's good to see I'm not alone in thinking that.

Odd is an excellent XCOM player. I'm sure he'll be a very good Civ player if he continues playing.

Am I the only one who isn't rushing to watch Let's Plays before release? I want to discover the game for myself. Yes, give me info on units, buildings, tech etc but I want it to be me who is busting the Fog of War for the first time, not Quill or Marbs. I'll watch them play games later.

FilthyRobot and Arumba07 have started a game together as America. Filthy estimates he has already played 100 hrs while Arumba says he was around 5 hr. Filthy is the one driving but they are discussing many concepts and what they have learned so far. It also gives them a chance to learn from each other instead of doing things exactly as they normally do (e.g. Filthy found out goody huts really stand out on strategic view).

YouTube Playlist (2 episodes so far)

Looks like there is a problem with the playlist.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Last edited:
Am I the only one who isn't rushing to watch Let's Plays before release? I want to discover the game for myself. Yes, give me info on units, buildings, tech etc but I want it to be me who is busting the Fog of War for the first time, not Quill or Marbs. I'll watch them play games later.
I can relate to this.

But it's slightly different for me. I'll watch a few minutes--actually I'll skip past the intro babble up to the first map reveal--and then I'll get frustrated because I can't play the map. Some of the youtubers have a pretty good sense of what's what (like Marbozir), so I'll watch more of those videos. But most of these guys skip from plan to plan with the attention span of a 4 year old on a Christmas morning. So at some point I start thinking, "why are these guys getting an early Xmas while I have to wait another few weeks? They are unworthy!" Then I click off the video in disgust.

These Let's Play remind me when your big brother was playing videogames with you, but he was the only one actually playing. And when you ask him for the controls, he always said: "Why? We are both playing". That's why I can't watch a LP until the end. So frustrating, so futile... 12 days to go, man (fingers crossed)

I can relate to this.

But it's slightly different for me. I'll watch a few minutes--actually I'll skip past the intro babble up to the first map reveal--and then I'll get frustrated because I can't play the map. Some of the youtubers have a pretty good sense of what's what (like Marbozir), so I'll watch more of those videos. But most of these guys skip from plan to plan with the attention span of a 4 year old on a Christmas morning. So at some point I start thinking, "why are these guys getting an early Xmas while I have to wait another few weeks? They are unworthy!" Then I click off the video in disgust.
They play like they are doing an exam without having done any study althougth they do learn it is clear that they are not regular readers of this forum.

Then their videos contain valuable information but for me the enterinment value is about discussing these things on this forum. Whats just what I like to do;)

From what I have hear it take a massive amount of work to be a youtuber.

I still haven't finished a Marb Let's Play, I do love his thought processes, but it's just harder to relate to someone with a harsh accent.

Quill18 is the one I've been watching the most. He's very good at explaining what he does. He's not the best player, but some of his mistakes can be attributed to talking while playing the game and overlooking stuff like pillaged tiles.

"These Let's Play remind me when your big brother was playing videogames with you, but he was the only one actually playing. And when you ask him for the controls, he always said: "Why? We are both playing". That's why I can't watch a LP until the end. So frustrating, so futile... 12 days to go, man (fingers crossed)"

Being the youngest, I know that feeling well. But my brother was a far superior player than me, and I enjoyed watching him play. I never actually played Bard's Tale 1 and 2, although I was still pretty young at the time, but I enjoyed watching my brother play it. I did play BT 3, but never finished it. I don't mind watching someone else play if it's someone who has a decent voice, seems somewhat intelligent, and has some personality.

Given that these guys have had a week to play it would be nice if some of them uploaded some YT LPs right off the bat for those who don't prefer Twitch (like myself).

What's wrong with Twitch? There's more going for that platform than YouTube these days.

I still haven't finished a Marb Let's Play, I do love his thought processes, but it's just harder to relate to someone with a harsh accent.

I don't mind watching someone else play if it's someone who has a decent voice, seems somewhat intelligent, and has some personality.
Once again UnstableVoltage comes straight to my mind (although I don't know if you consider an English accent to be "harsh" :p). Also, since you don't mind watching people make mistakes, I'll also recommend ChristopherOdd - he's a beginner and I haven't watched his Civ LP but I like his content usually.

Oh and ehm... he doesn't play Civ but, if what you like is a good voice with a personality then I can't think of any better youtuber than Gopher, though I hardly ever watch him nowadays.

Writing Bull / GameStar stated that they will do a live stream with the release version one day prior to release (starting 16:00 GMT+2). They will play two games simultaneously and switch between games in the stream. The stream will run for 6 hours.

How will they be able to do this?
They announced it again and again, so it should be true. Makes sense if the YouTubers and a gaming magazine also get access to the release version a day earlier, no? If your question is how they switch games in twitch, then I have no idea.

Writing Bull / GameStar stated that they will do a live stream with the release version one day prior to release (starting 16:00 GMT+2). They will play two games simultaneously and switch between games in the stream. The stream will run for 6 hours.

Will it be in English?

Just watched a few hours of Filthy's Spain game and Unstable's Germany game.

If you haven't watched much/don't know much about VI yet, Unstable does a nice job of explaining things in the 1st part of his Germany game. Filthy has faster gameplay. Filthy frequently thanks people for subbing or watching though, which got annoying, and he tends to swear now and again, as someone else noted. Didn't bother me, may bother you. Neither appears to be an upper tier player from what I can tell, but I'm not watching for tips, I'm watching to see the mechanics of the game - what's new and what's changed - and to ease the pain of the wait.

In their defense, in terms of level of play, as Filthy notes, they are playing on Prince, and, somewhat paraphrasing, 'its like you're not playing against any opponents.' I kind of get the feeling Filthy is just trying to get through the game. Unstable gave me the feeling he was constantly distracted by something.

Anyone have a link to a good Russian video (in English)? Well, doesn't even have to be good I guess. But I want to see several cities get settled at least. I am hoping to get a clue as to how powerful that border burst is. I'd love to see someone utilize it in a creative way.

Just watched a few hours of Filthy's Spain game and Unstable's Germany game.

If you haven't watched much/don't know much about VI yet, Unstable does a nice job of explaining things in the 1st part of his Germany game. Filthy has faster gameplay. Filthy frequently thanks people for subbing or watching though, which got annoying, and he tends to swear now and again, as someone else noted. Didn't bother me, may bother you. Neither appears to be an upper tier player from what I can tell, but I'm not watching for tips, I'm watching to see the mechanics of the game - what's new and what's changed - and to ease the pain of the wait.

In their defense, in terms of level of play, as Filthy notes, they are playing on Prince, and, somewhat paraphrasing, 'its like you're not playing against any opponents.' I kind of get the feeling Filthy is just trying to get through the game. Unstable gave me the feeling he was constantly distracted by something.

Anyone have a link to a good Russian video (in English)? Well, doesn't even have to be good I guess. But I want to see several cities get settled at least. I am hoping to get a clue as to how powerful that border burst is. I'd love to see someone utilize it in a creative way.

Russia wasn't available in the press copy.

Top Bottom