Lithuania?

Vertico

Prince
I played RFC Europe and I saw no Lithuania...

Why is that?
Lithuania were quite an important country in the mentioned in scenario period:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lithuanian_state_in_13-15th_centuries.png

If Poland is representing Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, I believe starting situation for Poland should be better: more settlers AND/OR more independent cities in the east AND/OR bigger territory for stability reasons.

The second applies, we will look to address the situation :)

Why is that?
Lithuania were quite an important country in the mentioned in scenario period:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lithuanian_state_in_13-15th_centuries.png

If Poland is representing Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, I believe starting situation for Poland should be better: more settlers AND/OR more independent cities in the east AND/OR bigger territory for stability reasons.

Thank you for bringing this up :)

I think if another civ is added it should be Serbia. There is a massive empty spot for them to fill, and they could make the Balkans a lot more fought over they they are now.

Serbia no, but Nis as an indy would be a good idea :)

I think if another civ is added it should be Serbia. There is a massive empty spot for them to fill, and they could make the Balkans a lot more fought over they they are now.
Doesn't it end in 1900?

Lithuania was a young state, and it got into union with Poland very soon... Some Lithuanians call it even polish opression, so Lithunania separated from Commonwealth didn't exist long enough IMO.

Region of todays Belarus was controlled by Kievan Rus, then Rus "indies", Mongols, P-L Commonwealth, and finally by Muscovy...

I think in game it should be hostile region with more indies, Mongols, an area where Kievans, Poles and Russians struggle each other.

I agree Lithuanian kingdom in East Europe is necessary. My suggestion for Lithuania is:
start year - 1242AD
UU: "lithuanian cavalry" (unique benefit - point of power or promote "raider")
UB: lithuanian pagan shrine (unique benefit - point of culture or some promote for units built in city or some XP for cavalry)
UP: power of lithuanian federation: -25% or -50% expansion stability penalty or -50% (or -75%) maintenance for distance from palace
Rating: trd-2, prd-3or4, clt-3, grw-5, st.st.-1or2
UHVs: 1) controll or vassalize Lithuania, Belarus, Muscovy, Kyiv, Mazowsze, Galich-Volyn until 1400AD or 1450AD; 2) never lose a city to Mongols, Muscovy or Teutonic Knights until 1650AD; 3) have the highest score on the map in 1450AD
ps. one of polish UHV: control or vassalize Lithuania until 1569AD (or 1385AD)
pps. I think some features of Muscovy and Poland are need to correct if Lithuania enable
ppps. sorry for bad english)

I agree Lithuanian kingdom in East Europe is necessary. My suggestion for Lithuania is:
start year - 1242AD
UU: "lithuanian cavalry" (unique benefit - point of power or promote "raider")
UB: lithuanian pagan shrine (unique benefit - point of culture or some promote for units built in city or some XP for cavalry)
UP: power of lithuanian federation: -25% or -50% expansion stability penalty or -50% (or -75%) maintenance for distance from palace
Rating: trd-2, prd-3or4, clt-3, grw-5, st.st.-1or2
UHVs: 1) controll or vassalize Lithuania, Belarus, Muscovy, Kyiv, Mazowsze, Galich-Volyn until 1400AD or 1450AD; 2) never lose a city to Mongols, Muscovy or Teutonic Knights until 1650AD; 3) have the highest score on the map in 1450AD
ps. one of polish UHV: control or vassalize Lithuania until 1569AD (or 1385AD)
pps. I think some features of Muscovy and Poland are need to correct if Lithuania enable
ppps. sorry for bad english)

Thanks for the suggestion, but we will not include a new civ. BTW, Lithuania is reprented by Poland(-Lithuania)

whats a pity(
Poland influenced Lithuania since 1385AD and completely vassalized in 1569AD, but medieval East Europe seems too empty without Lithuania

Top Bottom