Little things from prior games that I hope are in Civ 7

pokiehl

Deity
- Jerseys from Civ 6
- Unique palace graphics for civs from Civ 6
- Named geographic features from Civ 6 (add named forests and jungles as well, and the ability to rename features would be great too)
- Named continents from Civ 6
- Easy mod setup for multiplayer games from Civ 6
- Peace + war themes from Civ 5
- Different graphics for terrain on different continents from Civ 5
- Atolls from Civ 5 and reefs from Civ 6
- We Love the King Day from Civ 5

A little thing I hope DOESN'T return is the way Civ 6 cuts out so many pop-ups from multiplayer. In multiplayer, you don't get pop-up windows for Eurekas/Inspirations, completed Techs and Civics, Natural Wonders, etc. It's a big disappointment and I don't think Civ 5 MP had that limitation

- Jerseys from Civ 6
I'm probably in the minority but this one thing they introduced that I didn't like. Probably just because they got rid of unique color combinations for some of the civs, for generic colors.
If it does come back, make it optional.
- Unique palace graphics for civs from Civ 6
- Named geographic features from Civ 6 (add named forests and jungles as well, and the ability to rename features would be great too)
Yes. Keep the different cultural graphics with the units and city architecture as well, not just the unique ones. :)

I'd also love for the timeline feature to return. I don't necessarily need to see era score mechanic come back, but just a visual reminder of what your civilization has done in the game would be nice to keep.

I'm probably in the minority but this one thing they introduced that I didn't like. Probably just because they got rid of unique color combinations for some of the civs, for generic colors.
If it does come back, make it optional.
I hear you about that. I am hoping that we can get a jersey system that doesn't limit the use of unique colors. I agree that was a disappointing aspect. However, the jersey system was awesome because it let us easily change colors if we found a certain combination ugly. I really like that visual customization.
I'd also love for the timeline feature to return. I don't necessarily need to see era score mechanic come back, but just a visual reminder of what your civilization has done in the game would be nice to keep.
I agree. I think the timeline feature could be expanded and more interesting somehow. I didn't care for the "era score" mechanic at all so I'd be happy to see that shelved.

Ah, only just noticed this thread was for 'little things'.

Now there's one little thing from Civ5 that I'm not sure wasn't shelved for the better, but I'm still putting it out to see how others feel about it: unique unit abilities being retained when upgraded. On the plus side this meant that unique units were useful for more than a brief wink of time, but on the other hand civs with earlier unique units would have a not insignificant advantage against civs with later unique units

Named geographic features from Civ 6 (add named forests and jungles as well, and the ability to rename features would be great too)
It may should be editable, because when I played on Earth map, theses names was random, what made me very confused untill noted that.
- Alternate Leaders :devil:
Alt leaders is good! It open room to more leaders without need to design a entire civ to they.

Now there's one little thing from Civ5 that I'm not sure wasn't shelved for the better, but I'm still putting it out to see how others feel about it: unique unit abilities being retained when upgraded. On the plus side this meant that unique units were useful for more than a brief wink of time, but on the other hand civs with earlier unique units would have a not insignificant advantage against civs with later unique units
That's a good one. I get the balance concerns there (but of course those might be addressed by, say, making later unique units have even better bonuses or something), but overall it made unique units much more interesting and I'd like to see it return.

I also agree... the animals were always there for any unguarded settler.
Although we can't imagine that some tribe sends a group of people to form a new city without any hunter of some sort, if not to say warriors. Settlers should be able to defend themselves, although I quite like the fact that you can capture them in Civ6.

I liked how in, I think it is Civ III, you could modify the stats of existing units and create new ones. It was quite primitive in how it worked, but I enjoyed making suicide bombers. lol

1. Stackings (improved). gone should be 1UPT AND
2. One turn combat resolution
3. Alternate Leaders
4. Converged unit classes (redesign promotion tree to fit with it). Rigid unit classes don't fit well IRL. Note that there's 'gunpowder' (should be 'Firepower' ) class exists in previous iterations that every previous units converged into one. distinctions between 'light' and 'heavy' cavalry seems to be more logical however.

The Assyrians and Hittites.

Top Bottom