Live Roleplaying Game

The history teacher at school does this. He dressed up as a viking before the school musical and as an advertisement dueled the pirate king in the aisle of parade. A supply teacher with a small amount of sword fighting talent once came for about a week and at the end they dueled right in front of the tuckshop. The history teacher always won :p .

I only play semi-live, and you have no idea how much time I use making fun of those who play live:p

A lot of my friends are into it, or atleast were at one time.

What's semi live?

storealex said:
What's semi live?
Well it might be a local term so I'll explain.

First of all the game takes place indoors, at night. We do not play in a fantasy world, but in the real world, usually modern, but I've tried play in different ages too (pirate, goldminers in alaska). The game is much more about actually playing, or acting, there are no winners and no losers. The main differences are:

1) There are no gaming rules, no dices, and no hitpoint and whatsoever. The game is not about killing, but mostly discussing, often ethical questions.

2) You try to play another person, this means that you sometimes will have to argue against your own real life oppinions.

3)We do not dress up, we wear our normal clothes, usually the only light is from candles so you can't see that much anyway. We sometimes use smal requisites(is that the right word?)

4) We often use music to get in the right mood (thank you Tool!).

5) Ofcause you only know the background story when the playing begins, this is not an act, but a simulation!

Let me give you an example of a "scenario" one of my friends wrote, and I played in:

Name: Pistolen (the Gun)
Players: 4
Players background: They all for different reasons owe money to a guy they don't really know. They have very different social backgrounds. They don't know each other.
Story: They are all kidnapped and put into a small room with a table and four chairs. On the table is a gun with one bullet. A voice tells them that one of them have to die before they are released.

What will happen are up to the players! In the game I played we discussed a long time, the difference in our roles made it very interesting (one was very religios, one a spoiled millionaire boy/man, one a former weapon dealer from Libya(me) and a librarian). The spoiled one actually went insane at the end(in the game ofcause;)).

Sounds boring. Liveroleplay is only fun if there's voilence or alcohol involved.

storealex said:
Sounds boring. Liveroleplay is only fun if there's voilence or alcohol involved.
I don't have to dress up to get drunk and fight:p

Top Bottom