[GS] Livestreamer Previews Discussion Thread

He has Gunboat Diplomacy unlocked in the stream after researching Ideology and Suffrage. So that's been moved from Fascism to Ideology it looks like. Police State is not unlocked so removed from Ideology.

Edit: He also has Five-Year Plan unlocked.

He still has Wisselbanken so that is no longer made obsolete by Suffrage.

Edit: He also still has Liberalism so that is also no longer made obsolete by Suffrage.

All the red cards he has unlocked belong to OTHER civics than the ones discussed. So there must be further changes. Time to investigate.

Looks like Their Finest Hour was made into a wildcard. This is the one marked as just unlocked.

"Combat Power +5 for all units when fighting on a hex of their territory or adj..."

Economic Union is one of the cards for Ideology.

So it looks like:

Economic Union
Gunboat Diplomacy
Five-Year Plan
Lightning Warfare

These are now unlocked by Ideology.

Last edited:
Finally found this one!

SKI RESORT

Unlocks the ability to build a ski resort.

Gives a tourism value equal to the Appeal of the tile. Amenities +1. Can only be built on a mountain. Can not be adjacent to another ski resort. Deletion or exploitation impossible.

Yep, here's the democracy one in baguette.
He still has Wisselbanken so that is no longer made obsolete by Suffrage.
So if one cares to commit the cards, it would be possible to get +10 production and +10 food from each trade route to an ally. I've changed my mind about the new Democracy abilities being balanced. :eek:

Finally found this one!

SKI RESORT

Unlocks the ability to build a ski resort.

Gives a tourism value equal to the Appeal of the tile. Amenities +1. Can only be built on a mountain. Can not be adjacent to another ski resort. Deletion or exploitation impossible.
Nice! Pretty much what was expected - good boost for cultural victories when you don't have much coast.

Class Struggle now gives the cards:

Collectivisation (Economic)
Defense of the Motherland (Wildcard)

Colonialism has a military card now as well. Native Conquest has been moved from Exploration to Colonialism.

Actually I think this is an old change? I'm getting crosseyed from looking at the civics tree.

SKI RESORT

Gives mountains more uses, but it will be an interesting decision to national park them or plop down ski resorts.

I'm guessing the Inca could plop down the ski resorts while still getting the food and production form their abilities.

Top Bottom