[GS] Livestreamer Previews Discussion Thread

I just watched him build the St Basil in a city with 0 tundra tiles, while at the same time sending settlers to the tundra in order to build ice hockey rinks. In the same city there were some rainforest tiles, and the Chichen was still available. It almost feels like he's clicking buttons at random.
Yeah, that caused me to wince, especially since that really is a nice wonder for Canada...if actually placed in a tundra city.

I enjoy Quill, but his play is unusually bad. Strange because he was playing much better at his Gandhi game recently (Though his 1st attack on Georgia was ill advised). He doesn't put me to sleep like some of the others. I can understand not going for Chichen, he normally chops all rainforest like me, and I never bother with that wonder. He saw the faith on St. Basil's cathedral and went with it without reading the entire description. Not sure why he's even going religion and faith with Canada, they don't need faith for their National parks, and those districts will be in the way of national parks. I can understand the tundra thing, he started nowhere near tundra.
Yeah, I usually enjoy his games, but he seems distracted this time around.

Perhaps quill will soon use that faith for rock bands?
Possibly--he's been alternating between pursuing culture and diplomatic victory, though IMO he has a better shot at diplomatic.

HoF video has been reposted in a new and improved version. :)

Did anyone noticed if there's turtles in any lets play? I'm not seeing turtles in the ones I'm watching and its been a while since I last saw turtles in my R&F games. I think turtles spawn is glitched and it still not fixed in the build they are playing.
There’s turtles in GamerZakh’s Maori game at turn 1

the pingala culture promotion that has shocked me most, so OP early.

I just saw that video as well and that extra early culture looked interesting. The amount of early culture looked comparable to Rome's auto-monument and shot them up the culture track quick.

I'm wondering if taking the +1 sci per pop promotion would allow faster sword/crossbow rushes or let players ease up on early campuses. However, I think going +culture first would be better to secure more gov titles quicker.

Pingala (culure) -> Rena (forest mang.) looks strong for Mali considering their desert cities get pop quick. However the only Mali video I saw had the player spawn mid-desert with a wonder close at hand.

Every change they made on old Civs, I really want to know that.
I'm really surprised that no one showed that. I mean most people just selected GS civs as AI as it seems, but still... At least someone showed Norway (no change) and Russia (Blizzard ability added). But why not China, Persia or Egypt?

I'm really surprised that no one showed that. I mean most people just selected GS civs as AI as it seems, but still... At least someone showed Norway (no change) and Russia (Blizzard ability added). But why not China, Persia or Egypt?
The press build comes with a preset configuration with the revealed GS civs and leaders. The streamers are not supposed to show other civs because they would show Eleanor.

The press build comes with a preset configuration with the revealed GS civs and leaders. The streamers are not supposed to show other civs because they would show Eleanor.
They could show these abilities without showing Eleanor. They don't need to show selecting the civs out of the menu with Eleanor in it. We know for sure that other civs are in there besides the GS civs.

They could show these abilities without showing Eleanor. They don't need to show selecting the civs out of the menu with Eleanor in it. We know for sure that other civs are in there besides the GS civs.
It's a lot of hassle for something they can show next week without fear of NDA breaches.

At least someone showed Norway (no change)

I thought Norway did have a change, regarding the production yields of the Stave Church.

Top Bottom