[GS] Livestreamer Previews Discussion Thread

Does the tourism generated by Rock Bands goes to everyone like your tourism per turn or it affect only the Civ where you activated it? I mean, if I get 500 tourism in a concert in China, do I get 500 only with china or 500 with each Civ + boost from modifiers (trade routes, open borders)?
I think it's the civ whose borders you are within when you trigger them.

I loved Marb's showcase of Dido, but part of me died when he mindlessly clicked Audience Chamber instead of Ancestral Hall. :hammer2:

This is going to sound a bit crueler than intended... but, oh well.

I've decided to try to start watching Biffa again, with a very different perspective: I now pretend that he's someone's dad who only played Civ once or twice back in the 90's and has now stumbled upon his college age son's Steam account with the Civ 6 GS preview build, while he's off streaming Fortnite or something. (Which would put him in my age range - although in my mind's eye I project him as about 10-15 years older.)

I still highly disagree with his self-assessment of his abilities ("I'm just not a min-maxer").
*Cough* He doesn't even know what I would consider the mid-level nuances of how to play the base game. For example, he's unsure why he can't use his Great Writer a 2nd time (hint: he doesn't actually have any theater squares).

But it honestly seems like he's having fun playing!
He's certainly not on auto pilot, and he's trying to experience what the game has to offer.
He knows, at some level, that the Inca like the mountains. He's bumbling and stumbling through the game mechanics trying to take advantage of that, not actually understanding why the Inca like the mountains.

He's even been willing to read the comments on his videos and try to play better, but it really hasn't helped much.

Instead of yelling at the screen, I am actually cheering him on when he doesn't screw the entire turn up. I was even happy for him when he
Spoiler :
managed to win the race for Machu Pichu, not that he should have done it, given that the Wonder bonus conflicts with his existing bonuses

but you know little victories and all that!

Is it Valentine's day yet? God, this last week and a half is gonna kill me!
:cry:

No change it looks like.

Dammit, posted in the linked thread... they have changed Shipyards

They have added +1 food, +2 Prod and +2 gold to it... increased it by 25 prod but hey... that's 12 turns with that +2 prod.
cheers!

That looks very strong. And you get extra hammers without requiring power. Nice.

I’m curious to see if the bonus gold and hammers are mechanically from the building or are adjacency (I’m assuming the former, but the fact it’s +2/+2 makes me wonder). This is obviously an indirect buff to the RND.

I’m really digging the balance changes!

The AI finally built airplanes (fighters) in Quill's game. Dido built them. Dido built 2 GDR's before I saw even one plane. That tells you all you need to know about the state of the AI and aircraft in this game.

Latest diplo vote. Yeah the AI isn't going to let him win, at least not easily. Eventually he should be able to get the votes though. Although he may lose to another victory before then.

Spoiler :

Last edited:
Latest diplo vote. Yeah the AI isn't going to let him win, at least not easily. Eventually he should be able to get the votes though. Although he may lose to another victory before then.
So on one level I'm really happy that the AI is fighting against his Diplo victory (even his supposed Allies). However I have one concern. It looks like the best path to a diplomatic victory (like far to many things in Civ 6) is going to be to warmonger and wipe out half or more of the starting Civs so that there are less people to vote against you in the late game.

So on one level I'm really happy that the AI is fighting against his Diplo victory (even his supposed Allies). However I have one concern. It looks like the best path to a diplomatic victory (like far to many things in Civ 6) is going to be to warmonger and wipe out half or more of the starting Civs so that there are less people to vote against you in the late game.

And I'm wondering if this is even possible on huge maps with even more opponents.

wipe out half or more of the starting Civs so that there are less people to vote against you in the late game.
Yup, play a dom game and keep 1 civ barely afloat with only a free vote.
Cultural victories seem the only ones that require you to keep people alive.
The wide district concept is new with this version, hopefully VII wil resolve some of these.
However, I think too many non gamer agendas are present. Appeal is all encompassing, I guess without that we would not even get decent artwork.

Where's the fun in doing that?

You're making it easier for you to win but you're also making it easier for everyone else. If you're conquering left and right, you gonna have a hard time keeping alliances, so less diplo favors for you. Granted, you can make up for it with CS suzerainty but still, that's one less source you can rely on. Also trade, it will be hard to buy diplo favors if nobody want to do a fair trade with you. If there's an AI that is far from you and good at the diplo game, each Civ you conquer you risk giving that AI the victory. A good player will know how to play around this but it doesn't look like a straight conquer and win, it can backfire if you're not careful and effective. In the same way a lot of people gave a religious victory to the AI while going for domination, I predict we gonna get a lot of threads from people who gave a diplo victory to the AI.

Anyway, I love to see the AI fighting back and that diplo victory won't be an auto win unless you generate ridiculous amounts of diplo favor.

That looks very strong. And you get extra hammers without requiring power. Nice.

I’m curious to see if the bonus gold and hammers are mechanically from the building or are adjacency (I’m assuming the former, but the fact it’s +2/+2 makes me wonder). This is obviously an indirect buff to the RND.

I’m really digging the balance changes!

I don't think things have changed much on it. Currently, the production from adjacency shows up in those yield tables, so I think that's what the +2 production is for.
It looks like a few things have changed, though. Opening up my game, shipyards are +1 food, +1 gold, and 2 maintenance for 290 cost, whereas on that screenshot, they're +1 food, +2 gold, and 1 maintenance for 290. So no cost increase, but they net +2 gold more than before (1 extra that you gain, 1 less maintenance cost).

The AI finally built airplanes (fighters) in Quill's game. Dido built them. Dido built 2 GDR's before I saw even one plane. That tells you all you need to know about the state of the AI and aircraft in this game.

Has Dido attempted to use the GDRs against him (or anyone)?

Has Dido attempted to use the GDRs against him (or anyone)?

I seen Dido's GDR attack one of the Persian cities, can't attack Canada unless you denounce them first or the enemy has join a joint war with your ally.

I'm fine with that. I'm just happy to see some early indication that the AI may make an effort to delay at least one possible route to victory!
:dance:

I love that diplomatic bandwagon of hate so much bahaha.

Looks like the AI DOES fight back when the player has a lot of victory points so there goes one of my few qualms with the system.

Qull18, Canada #13, 21:37

Stock Exchange is one of those powered buildings, as expected

Stock Exchange
+4 Gold, +7 Additional Gold when Powered

Even if your faith purchasing that as Mali... with Moksha's citadel of god... It doesn't seem worth it

11 gold is rather lucrative though.

Here's hoping there's more to come. I do recall the factory was buffed after the initial view, but I'm not sure if that was part of the press build.

Top Bottom