1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Livestreamer Previews Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Brutus2

Brutus2 Chieftain

Has anyone seen any actual screenshots of any of the updated abilities of pre-GS civs? I know the devs have mentioned most of them and we have a thread listing what they are but I would like to see exact details from in-game. I think press build players are allowed to livestream on Monday so does that mean the NDA is lifted?

Myomoto likes this.
  2. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Chieftain

Someone will need to go on one of this streams and ask them to show, assuming they will be allowed to do it, though I would rather wait for the patch notes by this point, considering that the build they are playing is quite old by now and we are really close to release.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I believe Marbozir said he would do a video on all the changes to old civs at some point, but he hasn't yet.

Myomoto and RohirrimElf like this.
  4. pgm123

pgm123 Warlord

I've noticed the AI doesn't seem to be building as many walls in my recent games. I wonder if it's my imagination.

5. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

Not hardcore, nono...:nono:

6. bite

bite Unoffical Civilization Geographer Moderator

more because I can't quickly see all the new geographical features

Zaarin and Isengardtom like this.
  7. Isengardtom

Isengardtom Chieftain

Wow Potato is building aqueducts to protect from droughts

AI isn’t all bad. The solar gamer lost a city and the military emergency he declared against Hungary because of that was defeated in World Congress. Hungary itself and 2 civs that were friendly with it voted it down

Emergency system seems vastly improved.

Zaarin and George Abitbol like this.
  8. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Russia only.

Edit: I lied, we've seen the US as well.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  9. NegativeZero

NegativeZero Chieftain

After viewing the other videos, I'm still enjoying Potato's Mali as tough choices need to be made about when and where gold needs to spent for the best returns. Within the 4th video, Potato realizes there are zero economic CSs around which could've vastly enriched his empire. Three-four envoys are just kept floating around which could've made him ~12-16gpt each additional econ. CS.

I'll say that Great Merchants are quite generous. Mali could have a decent chance at diplo with gifting gold to emergencies and diplo. favor form CSs. Of the 3 Classical and 3 Medieval G.Merchants, all of them benefit Mali with routes, titles, envoys, or gold/faith. Some are more desirable then others, but all play into Mali's plans.

Yes some districts are placed in odd spots and some choices are questionable, but I give him props for explaining his reasons which many tubers don't do to a satisfactory level. I'll hope game-play will improve after launch and getting more familiar with the newer civs.

Purchasing with districts with faith and gold looks really powerful. Pingala with culture into Rena or Moksha for purchasing could be viable. Unfortunately, Potato really hasn't had great terrain to place decent campus/theaters till episode 4. Yet, Choral Music really helped limp his culture along with expansions.

I'm guessing Potato wants to experiment with Power a bit because his IZ has quite good placement (at the sacrifice of gold). He didn't really get his chance to explore this in his Mali (hardly any emissions) run. However, I'm not sure that is the best choice with his malus to production. It will be interesting to see if everything pulls itself together.

Once Mali's engine has turned over, I feel it'll be difficult to defeat purchasing military with both gold and faith as they could afford to purchase an up-to-date era unit every turn. I'm not sure the current AI could pull this off, but it's kinda terrifying playing MP (if they survive early game of course).

On a tangent, Potato's skirmisher took some serious punishment but still survived. This leaves me hopeful about their usefulness as they need not worry about melee units counter attacking.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    sonicmyst likes this.
  10. NegativeZero

NegativeZero Chieftain

We know Stepwells have changed from the climate screens. They act just like a dam or aqueduct in that they nullify drought penalties.

Yes it is a small change, but India got something at least.

11. Isengardtom

Isengardtom Chieftain

Egypt with Its floodplains bonus is the one I’m most interested in

Siptah likes this.
  12. Kibikus

Kibikus Chieftain

Potato's streaming right now, playing as the Inca:

I did notice a "No duplicate civilizations" button on the game setup screen.

WillowBrook likes this.
  13. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

what's with the annoying lotr gif that keeps playing?

14. Kibikus

Kibikus Chieftain

Yeah, it was an obnoxious subscriber alert, but I think he's removed it now.

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  15. StrideColossus

StrideColossus Chieftain

Interesting 'summary' video of GS from Marbozir, don't know if it's already been posted or not:

Red_warning likes this.
  16. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

I noticed that the inca mountain tile is giving food now. It looks like a food per adj terrace

17. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

That's always been the case.

18. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

Oh really? I only just saw the production (which struck me as useless, haha).

19. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

The idea is they become stronger with each Terrace Farms you build beside it, but that's on the Terrace Farms, by base they can work Mountain tiles by getting +2 Production

20. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Potatoface is streaming right now.