[GS] Livestreamer Previews Discussion Thread

Just watched part 2 of Potatos Mali series and it's so frustrating/comical to hear him being annoyed because his capital hasn't reached pop 7 yet so he can build the government plaza. He's buying all his settlers there out of habit so he is losing population regularly. And he also has Pingala established there, dropping his culture and science per turn each time he buys a settler :lol:

He realises much of his mistakes though and I think it's inevitable to make silly mistakes when you are trying to engage with your viewers while you play. Easy to understimate the difficulty I think.

I believe you are talking about Quill18 as others are. You are all correct, he isn't the greatest player, but the really frightening thing is he doesn't have to be, & won on Deity in his first game on an expansion that is being previewed. If you are a better player than him where does that leave you, particularly as most people learn as they go on.
It was emperor.Now he is playing on deity.
Not telling he is a good or bad player but I think he is a decent one.Engaging with the viewers while playing is too taxing and unlike many of us here he didn't watch most of the developer livestreams.

He's buying all his settlers there out of habit so he is losing population regularly. And he also has Pingala established there, dropping his culture and science per turn each time he buys a settler

To be fair, he didn't do this in his Maori game, he correctly had Magnus with provision in his capital, while Pingala with the culture promotion was in a smaller city. You still take a hit on culture this way, but the capital was much faster at pumping out a ton of settlers.

I haven't had a chance to check out the Mali game yet, hopefully today.

Well, I certainly appreciate the comments about the live-streams here. I chose not to watch any fully; in reality just one or two and the first few minutes, except Marbozir’s short canals and railroad video. Really want to have my own first experience with the game.

Marbozir's video on Hungary is a true wonder to behold. It's the Death Star of civs.

My current Hungary dream game is to not build more than a handful of units, and just keep levying city-states forever.

Marbozir's video on Hungary is a true wonder to behold. It's the Death Star of civs.

Thanks. Sounds fun and scary at the same time. I’ll check it out after the expansion comes out.

The question is if you will play Hungary sooner than you planned to because of the video. You and I are peaceful players, but I’m wondering if you’re craving a bit of warmongering now.

Thanks. Sounds fun and scary at the same time. I’ll check it out after the expansion comes out.

The question is if you will play Hungary sooner than you planned to because of the video. You and I are peaceful players, but I’m wondering if you’re craving a bit of warmongering now.

I do try to always take out my nearest neighbor in the Ancient Era. But beyond that, I was thinking of using my low nominal strength to bait other civs into attacking me, then pouncing on them with a surprise force of strong levies. Mostly pillaging, but also swapping tiles from neighboring cities where appropriate.

If the AI is any good, you don't want to be Hungary's neighbor.

Potatoes Mali game just shows how differently you have to play and he seems so used to playing one way he hasn't adjusted, and he knows it too. I know mistake are part of the game and god knows I've worn out my reload last turn button so I can't fault anyone for mistakes. Whats great about Potato is he knows it, explains it and works through it.

Just discovering Marbozir and his inca gameplay, really enjoying them.

Chocholate Hills seems to be the rarest of the new natural wonders.

Have only watched an hour of YouTube let`s plays from Quill. I`ll rather play myself then see others play the game.
Is there anything to be said about the combat AI from watching the youtubers. Has it been improved for 2nd expansion besides making sure the new content works?
I know the chances are great the AI has been made more easy to beat so it can cope with the new mechanics.

Have only watched an hour of YouTube let`s plays from Quill. I`ll rather play myself then see others play the game.
Is there anything to be said about the combat AI from watching the youtubers. Has it been improved for 2nd expansion besides making sure the new content works?
I know the chances are great the AI has been made more easy to beat so it can cope with the new mechanics.

I have seen zero evidence of any improvements to AI.

I have seen zero evidence of any improvements to AI.
If anything it has got worse. Quill18 on Deity against Inca is a great example taking a city with crossbows and a quadrarime? AI appears like it doesn't even build walls anymore. Inca had a couple caravels that just parked near his border for muliple turns waiting to get killed by crossbows. Pretty sad :(

He didn't play on Deity in his first game, I believe that was Emperor. The one he is currently doing is Deity. But I still agree with what you're saying.

You are correct, I know the next one was on Deity & he usually always does, so presumed the same here. He hardly warred & the other civilizations were not really bothered as he rolled onto victory peacefully. He made lots of mistakes, as you would do learning new features, but made little difference. Same for the other youtubers.

Chocholate Hills seems to be the rarest of the new natural wonders.

To be fair, it's the first thing I'd have my civ mine if I started beside it. I can totally see exhausting all evidence of the lost, legendary hills of chocolate long before any interlopers can get wind of it.

You are correct, I know the next one was on Deity & he usually always does, so presumed the same here. He hardly warred & the other civilizations were not really bothered as he rolled onto victory peacefully. He made lots of mistakes, as you would do learning new features, but made little difference. Same for the other youtubers.
I think it's the Archipelago map. The AI doesn't seem able to cope with it. There was a point in the earlier game when he had around 70 science when I was sure he was looking down the barrel of an AI science victory. He then checked the scores and found he was the science leader. I mean, those cities he has aren't really much to talk about. In fact, if I conquered any one of them other than the capital and adjacent city, the first thing that might come to mind would be something akin to "This population is going to require amenities, I should probably raze this."

My current Hungary dream game is to not build more than a handful of units, and just keep levying city-states forever.

This video is a must watch . . . its the most fun 30 minutes of Civ 6 I've ever seen. Just DON'T play the take a shot whenever Marbs says "Insane or Crazy" drinking game . . . you won't make it to the end and may suffer fatal alcohol poisoning. ;)

I'm playing Hungary either 1st or 2nd . . . I want to give them a try before they get nerfed.

Top Bottom