LK Planning Thread

Well I found my first Civ4 disapointment - you can still get free settlers. :(
Getting one early effectively drops the game a level.

only on the easier difficulty levels
(warlord and easier according to manual, pg 167)

Ragnoff said:
only on the easier difficulty levels
(warlord and easier according to manual, pg 167)

You didn't think we'd let the game out the door like that, right?

The free settlers are for the lower difficulty levels only. Could be an issue if playing AWW (Always War Warlord -- DON'T LAUGH!) but otherwise a nonissue.

- Sirian

LK, yes, it arrived to the stores 28th october.

LK109:
LKendter
Ragnoff
Zavior

OK - back for the moment, but will close if I don't get more ASAP.

LK109:
Going once...

Sign me up!

My first succession game, so if you dont mind a virgin on the team I would love to be a part of it.

LK109:
LKendter
Ragnoff
Zavior
Lord Genghis

OK - back for the moment, but will close if I don't get the 5th player ASAP.

LK109:
LKendter
Ragnoff
Zavior
Lord Genghis
Greebley

This will most likely be the last warlord game. I plan to wait a couple of weeks before starting more, and I expect I will probably go up a level.

There are no openings at this game. I am waiting at least a couple of weeks before starting LK110.

Another debate coming up is map size. It seems "standard" plays a lot smaller then before. I am not use to playing games with just a handfull of cities.

I agree.

We are all new to Civ 4 so a larger map will give us more of an opportunity to have a look at how everything works.

Does one need to be of a certain caliber to join in on one of these? I used to play civIII quite a bit but was never very good. I just got IV yesterday and would really like to get into SG's.

LK108 / 109 had no signup requirements.
I haven't decided on LK110 yet. Each person that runs a SG will have there own rules.

I am happy to report I have the rare laptop that runs Civ4.
I will be working out of town starting Nov 7, but there will be no problem keeping SGs going.
My only problem is a little bit of slowness at times.

Top Bottom