LK Planning Thread

I would like to sign up as well. Civ 4 been behaving :)

Signed up:
LKendter
ThERat
pindicator
Double Stack

Just one more needed to fill this.

Well I had such a great time with ThERat and pindicator in Rat07, why not join my first LK series game (after being a long time reader)?

I'll join if you'll have me.

Signed up:
LKendter
ThERat
pindicator
Double Stack
Vol

I will get this one started...

The following tactics are PROHIBITED:

1) The diplomatic demand exploit. You can demand a ton of stuff from a civ, ask for a counter-offer and get everything you want.

Standard LK house rules:
1) Automation of any kind is strongly discouraged until the game is known better.

2) Go to orders are not allowed.

3) Please load the game while running civ. If you load by clicking the game you rename the leader. The leader name becomes part of the save, so I want to keep LK### as the leader name. I don't want to defeat a very useful feature.
If you do accidentally load by double clicking the save, then please use the Alt-D feature for civ details and rename the leader by the LK### value.

1) The diplomatic demand exploit. You can demand a ton of stuff from a civ, ask for a counter-offer and get everything you want.

Standard LK house rules:
1) Automation of any kind is strongly discouraged until the game is known better.

2) Go to orders beyond the end of your turn are not allowed.

3) Please complete your turn. At most the next player should have one unmoved unit such as a settler where you are unsure of its direction.

4) Please load the game while running civ. If you load by clicking the game you rename the leader. The leader name becomes part of the save, so I want to keep LK### as the leader name. I don't want to defeat a very useful feature.
If you do accidentally load by double clicking the save, then please use the Alt-D feature for civ details and rename the leader by the LK### value.

Revised rules as I just learned about another exploit.

2) The diplomatic gold exploit. See the below thread for details. You can do such silliness as get iron for $1/turn.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=139169

Standard LK house rules:

2) Go to orders beyond the end of your turn are not allowed.

3) Please complete your turn. At most the next player should have one unmoved unit such as a settler where you are unsure of its direction.

4) Please load the game while running civ. If you load by clicking the game you rename the leader. The leader name becomes part of the save, so I want to keep LK### as the leader name. I don't want to defeat a very useful feature.

I want to try something a bit different, a 7 player game on a *large* map. I keep feeling not enough is going on, so I am curious how the game plays with more territory.

Still sticking with Pangaea for now. Staying at noble for the current time. I want some wins in at noble before I go up a level.

Signup requirements:
Civ4 installed and working
Have played the game some.

Signups for LK111:

LKendter
Open slot
Open slot
Open slot
Open slot

If you're going with a larger map, might I suggest a Terra map? After the LK World Map games in Civ3, it would be delightful to watch an LK Civ4 Terra game. I don't think there have been any Terra SGs yet, who better to show the way?

Vol said:
If you're going with a larger map, might I suggest a Terra map? After the LK World Map games in Civ3, it would be delightful to watch an LK Civ4 Terra game. I don't think there have been any Terra SGs yet, who better to show the way?

My understanding is that Terra is equal to huge. I am not ready to make that type of commitment at this time. The whole old / new world bit isn't something I am ready to try.

Signups for LK111:

LKendter
Open slot
Open slot
Open slot
Open slot

LKendter said:
I want to try something a bit different, a 7 player game on a *large* map. I keep feeling not enough is going on, so I am curious how the game plays with more territory.

Well,I just played a large map with 9 civs and still not much is going on.
Most action came from the barbarians.And the game from yesterday
(Diplomatic victory) was totally actionless,zero wars.:eek:

If you put some more civs in the game I'll sign up.

Tatran said:
Well,I just played a large map with 9 civs and still not much is going on.
Most action came from the barbarians.And the game from yesterday
(Diplomatic victory) was totally actionless,zero wars.:eek:

If you put some more civs in the game I'll sign up.

Sorry, but I am not interested in a standard large map at this time. If LK111 goes nowhere, I will post a different idea.

I'd like to sign up for LK111, please.

LK, have you tested large maps already. My first game was large and it was so laggy once the world map was known. It was to the point of absolutely no fun, so unless there is a patch, I can't join.

Signup requirements:
Civ4 installed and working
Have played the game some.

Signups for LK111:

LKendter
Greebley
DementedAvenger
DisruptiveIdiot
Open slot

This went from nowhere to almost filled! One more person and it will be started.

DisruptiveIdiot said:
I am interested in signing up. These LK games sure are racking up the numbers, think you'll get to LK500?

Well if there is a civ7 and I am playing 15 years from now. :crazyeye:

Hi LK, I'd be interested in joining this game.

Only had IV for about 5 days, still kinda getting my feet wet, working through my first single player game still. I'm experienced with the entire Civ series leading up thus far, though, so hopefully that qualifies me. :)

I'd always wanted to get in on a Civ3 SG, but just kinda never got around to it. Figured now that IV is out, good time to get started on one! :)

So if you'll have me, I'd love to get in on it.

Top Bottom