1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

LK152 - the weak Venezuela

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by LKendter, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Elephantium

Elephantium Elephants think that people are cute, like puppies

Sorry! I've got the save, but I neglected to post.

2. ThERat

ThERat Deity

Nice progress. Let's hit the Russians hard! :D

3. Elephantium

Derp. I have the 1610 AD save. The pictures above show 1650 AD.

LK, could you repost the save?

4. LKendter

LKendter Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!! Supporter

Duh :blush: :blush:

Let us try again. :D

Attached Files:

5. Elephantium

MOSCOW BURNED!

We have destroyed the Russian spaceship!

Other than that, I've played 5 turns and hit a bunch of cities surrounding the corridor I took to get to Moscow. We're kind of low on defenders; the next player may wish to add some Mech Inf builds among all the Modern Armors.

Spoiler :
    IBT:

Our invasion fleet near Osage takes a hit from bombardment
    Healing Spot gets bombed once

Turn 1:

Looking at the tactical situation, I think it's imperative to aggressively push to Moscow.
    Step 1 is Shantung, which falls easily to arty and a Tank Army.
    Step 2 is railing to Baruun-Urt, which also falls easily to arty and a Llanero Army.
    Step 3 - Hamadan. Again, this was easy with Arty and a pair of Tank Armies.
    Step 4 is Tver; I needed 9 Tank Armies, 1 MA army, and 6 Llanero Armies (lost two Llanero Armies in the process :cry:). Plus three stray Llaneros (two lost).

I also bombard and destroy numerous Russian and Indian Tanks nosing in on our territory.

IBT:

Healing Spot gets bombed once.
    Russia wants to talk. Nah.

Turn 2:

I wipe out New Madras, a new Indian city near our border in China
    I also trash Tatung -- it kills a few Russian bombers.

Step 5 - Zariqum falls to a stack that I prepared for that purpose.
    Step 6 - I lose a Tank Army in order to blitz Smolensk (it was out of Arty range)

IBT:

Russians bomb the crap out of Let me please - killing four of our bombers and redlining the remaining 3
    Hamadan is recaptured; Russians lose 1 Tank in the process. So much for the stack of cTOWs to absorb attacks :(
    Russia kills a unit in Tver
    France suicides its Rifle at Dragon

Turn 3:

First I found the town of Nikolai to open the way to Rostov.
    Next I shell Hamadan to redline the defenders and raze it, raising New Hamadan on the ruins -- for the reduced flip risk.
    While I'm at it, Shanbar Highway guarantees the trail between Shantung and Baruun-Urt

Rostov falls pretty easily though it does take 3 Armies.
    Meanwhile, I attack and raze Choyr to cut down on the bombing runs...

Next, I send most of the Tank Armies at St. Petersburg, to open the way to Moscow. Now we control Hoover!

Sadly, this doesn't completely open the way...Russian culture borders still separate St. Petersburg and Rostov. On to Vladivostok!

IBT:

Russia pillages a tile and loses a tank at Tver
    :blush: ... and they capture Curder, on Greenland. I completely spaced on that landing :(
    ...which allows them to burn Conny as well.
    They lose one Tank at Tver but kill all but one (redlined) defender.

Computers > Mini

Turn 4:

I retake Curder, destroying a Russian naval stack in the proces.
    Shelling Moscow, I redline about 12 defenders
    A few Armies take care of them, and we burn Moscow. Their spaceship has been destroyed!
    Next, I shell and raze Khabarovsk with no troubles.

I lose another Llanero army taking out a few stray units in our territory :(

On the plus side, I have several combat settlers positioned for next turn.

IBT:

Russia declares on the Mongols!
    Indians lose a Tank on Shanbar Highway
    Then they kill two TOWs south of our border in China
    Russia bombs and Cruise Missile-attacks us in several places.
    ...they also attack Vladivostok and kill one of the defenders there.

Turn 5:

We burn Ganges and seize Bactra, Yaroslavl', Novgorod, Bryansk, and Samaria. Finally we get to Pasargadae, which we burn.

Attached Files:

6. LKendter

Getting Moscow was painful with the army losses to push hard, but I am glad to see the spaceship burned. :)

Greebley gets to concentrate on solidifying our gains.

ROSTER:
    LKendter
    Elephantium
    Northern Pike (indefinite skip)
    Greebley (up)
    ThERat (on deck)

7. ThERat

ThERat Deity

Great progress!!!

Are we heading for domination?

8. LKendter

Always do with the world map. ;)

9. Elephantium

It always sucks to lose an Army, even an obsolete Cav one. Fortunately, we're producing enough Modern Armor to make a new MA Army roughly every turn.

10. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

I have time to play this today. Aiming for 5 turns

We should be pretty close to the end of game.

11. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

Preturn: Australia will give us 1980 gold and 602 gpt for Computers so I let her have it.
    Babylon likewise will give big cash and 500 gpt so I also give them computers.
    I use the cash to finish off a number of Modern Armor for next turn. Also decide stealing Miniturization is better than trying to spend 10 turns finishing it, so I turn science off for 2323 gpt.
    We have some healthy Cav Armies which finish off the 3 red-lined defenders in Yekaterinburg and capture the city.
    I also upgrade most of our Infantry not in Armies.

IBT: Greenland gets massive bombardment by Bombers on Greenland. It would be nice to take out the nearby island and destroy most of Russias Bombers.

1680 AD: Move over Flak to Greenland for now.
    We have 22 MA this turn built so the rest of the Armies are filled. We now have 50 armies.
    Use speed 3 Tank Armies to capture Krasnoyarsk. One got redlined but won.
    We can also attack Ergili with the speed 3 Tank Armies.
    Russian towns are getting hard to reach. I turn to Sardis at distance 4 and capture it using MA armies and a Cav Army to finish off an injured one.
    By using a combat settler and abandoning Ergili, we can get near enough to Magden. It has several MA in it so we need several MA Armies to capture it.
    Capture Orenburg.
    Decide to keep the deal with Babylon and sign a straight up ROP. Since we wont be taking Babylon lands, I move settlers just inside the enemy border along the Babylon line. These will settle first and then when I take the enemy cities we will keep the lands. Otherwise Babylon will get most of the land.
    Chopped out Temples where I could. We have a lot of workers so I didn't really try to protect them. We may lose some stacks of 4. The situation is very chaotic and I didn't want real defenders in towns so we could lose one and need to take it back. I did try to prevent this were possible.

IBT: There are likely easier targets out there as no attacks (on us) other than Bombers.

1685: Build cities and hit the max limit again.

To the South:
    Attack and capture Bengal defended by 7 units (India).
    Attach Tyre and defeat 4 defenders after redlining.
    Capture Shuruppak after redlining from 2 defenders.
    We bombard and Capture Persepolis guarded by 9 defenders.
    The next attack on Russian Nippur we lose 16 hp from a Cav Army vs a 1 hp Mech Inf.
    Also bombard and Capture Byblos.
    Now Thebes is the new Russian Capitol and building the internet. I plant a spy and investigate the city to see if it is at all close to completion. It is still 23 turns (Thebes being low on shields) so no hope that they will complete in a reasonable time. Probably will not attack this turn though.
    Capture Gordium from Persia south of Persopolis.
    Capture Arebella which gives us Smith's
    Lose a Cavalry Army while capturing Antioch.

To the north:
    Capture Chita from Russia after bombardment
    Captue Arkhangel'sk from Russia after bombardment.
    Capture Dariush Kabir after bombardment
    Capture Zohak after bombardment.
    Chelebalinsk is Captured (5 defenders) using MA armies.
    Capture Murmansk (3 defenders) using MA armies

IBT: A few attacks but we win them all.

1690 AD: Game actually crashes this turn Have to play most of the turn twice.
    Got 2 leaders the first time but only one the second.

To the North:
    we attack and Capture irkutsk.
    Also capture an isolated French city who send Longbow against our Cav unit.
    To the South:
    We atack and capture Sidon. Persia now has no cities near their starting place.

I then start attacking India. Capture Dacca.

Start on the Indian core: Size 25 Bombay is captured using Tank armies.
    Then capture the capitol Delhi.
    From Bombay we can bombard and capture Lahore which allows us to bombard and capture Madras.
    Bangalore is then captured followed by Kolhapur which gives the Indian Peninsula. Finally we can bombard and capture Jaipur.

IBT: Ashur deposes us with no units lost. Bengal too and we lose a SAM and conscript Regular TOE

1690 AD: Safe steal from Russia gives us Miniturization. Started the internet last turn after building a Hospital. We get internet in 9. Not sure that is soon enough but the extra culture from research labs allows towns to expand faster.
    Recapture Bengal.
    Lose a full hp Cav Army against defending Infantry in Karachi. Capture city, place settler and abandon. This will allow us to get the next Indian city.

1695 AD: Mostly a healing round. I do make some moves on cities to capture next turn and capture two cities;

IBT: Missed a back door entrance to Madras and India takes it back. No units lost. Also Bombay.
    Yaroslavl' deposed us. One conscript unit lost.

1700 AD: Capture two northern Russian cities. These are the last two on mainland Asia or Europe. They have islands and several African cities.
    Also attack last Asian Persian city and kill 3/4 defenders.
    Take back Madras. We annoyingly lose 2 MA taking back Bombay (other 2 killed 2 units each.
    Next capture Hyderabad using Speed 4 Armies. Capture Punjab after bombarding it.
    Drop off a MA army on a Indian island just off the coast.
    Capture Indian cities in the mountains, Calcutta, Tsetserleg, and Karakorum.

At this point we have a choice so I will stop

Notes
    I stopped because I think we have two choices - take out the Mongols vs Take out Africa. Mongols should be easy without even Rep Parts, so I suggest it. Also Germany/France - the Germans have units around for more leader chances.

24 unmoved Armies are in 'Pleased to meet you' with Artillery, MA, and Settlers nearby.
    Armies with less than 10 hp are healing in Gabriel.

I chopped many temples - and left squares with no improvement to show where. These can be replaced. We are building temples in all cities without culture.

Kept most cities but they could be replaced if you hate flips. We have 20 Settlers so would need to rush some.

50% of the world is owned by us which will increase with border expansion from a lot of rushed/chopped temples.

Babylon and Australia are giving us gpt. We have an ROP with Babylon and cities very close to their main cities with some flip risk. They were in the way so I went with ROP to keep the gpt they were sending us.

12. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

One thing I forgot to mention. A number of the towns we kept was required because of someone we were not at war with. If you abandon the town we could not replace because the location would be inside Babylon, German or Mongol lands. If you go to replace all the towns you will just lose lands. We can take out the German and Mongols. Our ROP was straight up (we had no gain) so we could potentially break it.

I also stole Miniturization and started the internet. Its in 8-9 turns so I am not sure it will complete in time. If it does, Research labs are worth 2 culture so you want libraries (not temples) to be able to get border expansions in 2 turns instead of 3.

13. LKendter

I suspect my next turn should be the last. I don't think we have enough time in one set from ThERat to wrap it.

ROSTER:
    LKendter (on deck)
    Elephantium
    Northern Pike (indefinite skip)
    Greebley
    ThERat (up)

14. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

If we do go after the Mongols and Germany, it might be over fairly quickly. They have troops our lesser armies can handle and so should be able to grab all of the Mongols,
    Germany and France in less than 5 turns and start in on Africa.

I think it possible that ThERat may be the last player.

15. ThERat

ThERat Deity

Got it, though my turnaround wont be as fast as it's Monday here already.

16. ThERat

ThERat Deity

Have finally been able to play some turns. Will hand over tomorrow. In those 2.5 turns I played, we have eliminated the Mongols and are conquering half of Africa currently.

I am not sure whether it will be enough for domination but we are getting closer to that.

17. LKendter

No rush to get it, as my first free time is ~56 hours from now.

18. HardCode

HardCode Chieftain

lurker:

This is a fantastic SG! Well played. Looks like you'll wrap it up very soon. I hope to see more in the future.

Question ... is this modded game publicly available or private for the LK SG series?

19. LKendter

It isn't published under mods, but I have posted the setup for people that want it.

20. ThERat

ThERat Deity

Pre-Turn
    Decide to go after the Mongols as it would give us much land needed for domination.
    Capture Ulaanbataar, Almarikh, Tatu, Atlay, Dalandzagdad

Bring some tank armies in position to attack cities next turn

IT with so many Russian cities, we get 2 culture flips back to Russia

Turn 1 1705AD
    take back the Russian cities and continue to capture Mongol cities too. Taking Ulamgon in the far north,
    we manage to eliminate the Mongols :dance:

Take out Osage and the Sioux are also gone

Land is now at 53%, pop is 57%,
    take Persian Gulaman and gain a second army of the turnset
    continue with Russia, taking Thebes takes a lot of armies as the city is out of reach
    razing Persian Herat takes plenty armies too

advance into the Sahara inching our way forward

IT Russia attacks at various spots but fails to really inflict any damage until the take a city in greenland from
    the sea :(
    Again we get culture flips, this time one Russian cities flips, they still think building the internet
    is a good idea now

Turn 2 1710AD
    get back flipped Novgorod and continue the path in Africa, taking Russian, Persian and Indian
    cities

at the end of the turn, we are at 56/60%

IT no notable attacks this time, Russia restarts the internet yet again
    Australia starts to UN

Turn 3 1715AD
    Continue the path through Africa, we are reaching the end of enemy cities in the south, there are merely the
    Zulu left

We conquer a path all the way to the west coast in Africa as cities are pretty close together.

IT Russia is gassed as they dont attack a single unit on land, we get lots of border expansions
    Nippur flips

Turn 4 1720AD
    We can try to push Russia and India out of Africa, so that defense will be less of a problem.
    This is achieved without any issues. Now, we can aim to get those Islands.
    We reduce India to 1 city and might be able to take it out next turn

As we ran out of cities to attack, I demand that Germany leaves our territory and they declare war :)
    On we go

At the end of the turn, we are at 60%/67%

IT Russia takes a city in the Carribean with a marine :(
    They lands units in the Americas too

Turn 5 1725AD
    we take the German tundra towns and have 400 tiles to go according to mapstat
    we take the last Indian city too and India is gone :dance:

Start to conquer Europe and push Germany back to Scandinavia
    we're at 62%/69% and should be done in 3 turns whne we get the internet

I decide to play on

IT nth much

Turn 6 1730AD
    Move all the way down to Iberia and France is eliminated, same happens to Germany
    we are at 64% landmass.

Rush some transports and the usual temples

IT one flip as usual to the Russians
    quite a few cities go into riots as we quell resistors

Turn 7 1735AD
    less than 100 tiles are missing and the internet will be done next turn, I hope to get beyond
    the limit then, nevertheless we get the flipped city back and land some troops on Russian Islands

IT we getwo flips and we get the internet, but still a few tiles away from domination thanks to the flips. this is highly annoying

Turn 8 1740AD
    take the two flipped cities back and we only need another 28 tiles
    take 3 Russian Island cities and we are there

we reached the limit. Barring a lot of flips this should be enough

I simply hit enter for the next turn

IT it takes ages for the IT to complete, but in the end without flips and more border expansions, we get this

The earth in the end, all light blue

Attached Files: